PDA

View Full Version : What kind of tools is everyone using

pclawncare
04-17-2008, 09:06 PM
What kind of tools does everyone like. I ask because since i already have 3 trucks and enough equipmet i am looking at buying some nice tools in the middle of the season when i have some extra money. Right now i have a set of craftsman tools somewhere around 180 pieces and other odds and ends or set but it seems like i never had that one socket i need or i dont have the deep version. They are a great basic set and i have used them alot, but they dont have any large end wrenches or many deep sockets. I also want to get deep socket impact sockets they tend to come in handy when tinkering since i try to do my own maintinance on trucks and what not. My neighbor is awsome and lets me barrow what ever and i always make sure they get put back but id like to get my own. Anyway i dont think i need high dollar like snap on or anything but i was thinking about getting kobalt. Anyone have an other suggestions. I am not looking to spend a fortune because i wont be using them every day but am willing to spend a fair amount for some good quality tools. Anyone have suggestions?

Breezmister
04-17-2008, 11:03 PM
I am not looking to spend a fortune because i wont be using them every day but am willing to spend a fair amount for some good quality tools. Anyone have suggestions?

For me it's not about how much they cost, but how well they get the job done or how they feel. I have Craftsman wenches and sockets, but I use my John Deere wrenches over them every day because they "feel better". Now that may sound funny, but that is just me. When I don't use JD wrenches, I have my GearWrenches, I love them because they make the job faster.
For Sockets, I have a mix of Craftsman, SnapOn, Ingersol Rand in 6 and 12 point, short, medium, long and extra long, but all my double square and Flexsockets are SnapOn. I don't want to take the chance of a Craftsman breaking.
I have 10 or 15 screwdrivers, Kleins, great screwdrivers, but the only screw driver I use now is my SnapOn ratcheting screw driver with the different shafts. I can use it with different bits, or as a nut driver with my 1/4 dr. sockets. It feels good too.
And my list could go on and on :rolleyes:b But stay away from Stanley and Mac, they are not worth the money.
Craftsman make good sockets and wrenches, they are not expensive and I've never had a problem getting them replaced if they break.
Any hammer will drive a nail, but a carpenter will tell you that if has to feel right in his hand, balanced if you will.
Craftsman, Klein, KD, SnapOn, Irwin (ViseGrip), GrearWrench, Channel Lock great tools, thay feel right. You can get cheaper stuff, made in "china" that will do the job, but they just won't feel right :drinkup:

KS_Grasscutter
04-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Lately I've been buying the Kobalt at Lowes. Would like to get some S and K or SnapOn sockets and wrenches this summer. Also, Klein screwdrivers for nice stuff, Craftsman for other stuff. I dang near ripped dad a new one the other day for using my expensive Klein screwdriver as a damn prybar.

02DURAMAX
04-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Snap-On, Matco, And Crapsman

yungman
04-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I think Craftsman socket and wrenches are very good.

Not the power tools. I go from Bosch, Dewalt to Ryobi now!!!! Say "DISPOSABLE"!!!