PDA

View Full Version : Question.... Manu's Info or not?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-17-2008, 10:34 PM
My question to you is:

When presenting a proposal/quote, or even during a sales call for that matter, do you mention, promote, or otherwise note the names of the manufacturers of the equipment you are installing?

I'm asking out of curiosity mostly.

I personally don't mention any trade names... my clients are buying systems designed and installed by me. When their friends ask them "who makes those lights?" or "where did you get the lights?" more often then not the answer is something along the lines of "oh those are INTEGRA lights."

NightScenes
04-17-2008, 10:52 PM
If they ask I tell but I usually don't get asked.

Pro-Scapes
04-18-2008, 12:24 AM
ditto what paul said. I used to brand the lights but now i brand us.

If they ask tho I have no problem sharing what they are buying. There will always be a client who wants to know just what they are getting. Its not like I have anything to hide. I mean at anytime they can come outside and see the boxes with unique or coppermoon or gambino on em.

The Lighting Geek
04-18-2008, 12:31 AM
I am not usually asked, but if I am, I just hand them a Pulsar from Unique and that's that. They are usually talking to me because I am an artist or craftsman in their eyes, not because of what or where I put fixtures. There was a time where I was 'fixture fixated' (another geekism:cool:), but now I just talk about the effect.

sprinkler guy
04-18-2008, 03:07 AM
The times I can remember people asking about the brand, it was mainly to make sure it wasn't just the big box stuff. Otherwise, I don't harp on the brand name as part of the presentation. Sometimes they ask about the lights when they get the price, so I do what Tommy does. I put a light in their hands, along with a couple year old sample of a discarded Malibu and let them decide if they are getting their moneys worth. It usually ends the conversation.