PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on feedback from a bid

cirvin
12-04-2001, 01:47 PM
I have gotten alot of good info from you guys for submitting a bid for the first time. THANKS. I am wondering how long the waiting period is to hearing back from a client (Home Owners Association). And do you ever call to see if they have any quesitons or concerns.

sheppard
12-04-2001, 05:13 PM
Call 'em back! In my 10 years as a salesman I rarley had a customer initiate a call back to tell me I had won a deal or secured a contract. Almost always I asked them "when would you like me to call you back and 'finalize' everything?" They usually tell me and I dutifully obey! When you call and leave voice messages and you get not returned phone calls that's a pretty good hint that you lost the deal (not always, but usually).

Cordially,
Sheppard

smburgess
12-04-2001, 05:46 PM
Sheppard is right! I even put it as a post script in the proposal that I'll be in touch.

gusbuster
12-04-2001, 10:46 PM
Even after awhile from not hereing from a proseptive client, I would call every so often. Keeping your name around so to speak, is a way of getting a contract. What happens if the company that got the contract doesn't work out?

Our companies (dad, uncle & self) have gotten jobs this way over the years.

John

CSRA Landscaping
12-04-2001, 11:04 PM
Sheppard, John, and Steve are all right. Keep in touch, even if you don't get the contract. I don't know if you saw the thread that I posted entitled 'Griping' but I have a feeling that I'll be getting that prop. back, and it's a HOA that I deal with. I've kept in contact. Good luck!

(And let us know how it turns out.)

strickdad
12-05-2001, 03:06 AM
keep in touch even if you do not get the contract....... alot of times these companys award low bid only later too find out you get what you pay for... we pick up alot of work mid season because another lco didnt work out...