PDA

View Full Version : I need to tap into those creative juices!

The Lighting Geek
04-18-2008, 11:47 AM
I am always looking for a new projects to use on the current Network show I help out on. I need projects that meet these criteria:

1. Something a homeowner could do with basic skills.
2. Has a fun element to it - good for TV
3. Materials used are readily available
4. Doesn't compromise what we do as lighting professionals

If I use it I will give you credit and hopefully the editor leaves it in the final cut. I am not looking to steal any ideas, but to use this as a tool to promote what we do on national TV. The projects will be surrounded by the best lighting w,. as an industry can do without compromising our secrets. I am also working towards pitching a show like this, but only about lighting. I am taking a chance here by posting so please don't use network, people or show names to help keep off the search engines. I want this to be a collaborative effort, and it would be good for all of us, so please put some thought into it. We as an industry have been waiting for the opportunity to show people who and what we as landscape lighting artists are about and what we do. I am humbled and respectful of this position that I have been placed, but it not about me, it is about all of us. Feel free to PM me if you want your idea keep quiet, or post it here in general terms and PM me the details. The best scenario I could hope for would be to travel to each of you and let you strut your stuff to the country. You guys and gals rock!

Here's to a future full of artistic illumination

JoeyD
04-18-2008, 11:55 AM
I could see you doing something on water Features Tommy. Hoemowners these days love water features in their yards weather its a full Koi pond or just a simple waterfall. Homeowners can easily build their own water feature and do all the time but like everything the biggest mistake they make from our standpoint is they forget to incorporate the lighting into the design. I mean how cool is it when we are able to get on a job and pre plan a cascade with a light behind it, or a few lights hidden behind rocks with no wiring showing.

You could discuss the importance of Pool and Spa rated TF's when installing lights in or around water, the types of connections professionals use in the underwater applications, etc....

The Illumin FX kits are very DIY friendly in my opinion and can be very useful and work very well for doing a water feature.

Theres one Idea!!!

Pro-Scapes
04-18-2008, 11:58 AM
tommy drop me an email. I got a good idea... the avalibility is the only thing I am unsure of

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-18-2008, 10:48 PM
How about a segment that focuses on using projector style replacement fixtures to highlight details or objects? There are a number of different light projector fixtures on the market now that are simple retrofit units that you can use gobo's and lenses to highlight statutory, art, fountains or any other object with.

The units that install onto a standard J-box (like a monopoint) could be featured and are easily understood and installed. Most people don't even know about these fixtures and effects and they really are effective.

Call me if you want more infomation.

Regards.

Eden Lights
04-18-2008, 11:15 PM
I second the projector idea, we did some last week with random leaf pattern gobos, this really doesn't meet your criteria though. I would think the most basic design elements that you use everyday would be great material and still excellent for this type of show?

Pro-Scapes
04-19-2008, 02:30 AM
Tommy, Ashley was crackin up at your voicemail today man! She said we can come install your lights for 100 bucks plus airfare and a weekend in tahoe ;)

Drop me a text if you found the site I was talkin about and let me know what you think.