PDA

View Full Version : Question for the dingo owners

G.M.Landscaping
04-18-2008, 06:38 PM
I rented one before an it worked quite well to move 10 yds of topsoil for a job I did last year.

The job I need to use it for now will be to move topsoil from the street up a sloped front yard and into the back yard. The front isn't the problem, it's the back yard. Will it be able to go up a medium grade then turn 90* to the right on the slope and go 40 yards, then be able to dump sideways on the slope?

How stable are these sideways on slopes. The slope is easy to walk on and I currently cut it with a walkbehind if that helps. I would say it's a 30*-35* degree incline? I know a pic might help, but lets see what some of the responses are first.

I think the Dingo I rented was a 425, it had no platform behind it.

nlminc
04-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Theres a HUGE thread in Tractors on these and one in Landscape construction. You might want to go there with this.
Over on this forum we're just lawn boys trying to figure out how to change the plugs on our craftsmans stuff! ;)

I own a Dingo and can tell you that if you are turngin 90 degrees on turf with the 420 or 425, you may tear the area....that many runs...........YOU WILL!

Should handle the slope.

I have a 420 for sale....just so you know!

G.M.Landscaping
04-18-2008, 06:53 PM
It doesn't matter if I tear up the grass. That's what I'm fixing. About 3 tons of soil need to be moved onto this slope. There's now way I'm pushing a wheelbarrow to do this. So I was thinking of using the dingo.

So your saying the slope is no problem thou.

nlminc
04-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Without seeing it in person.......I didn't say a thing! Can you do a test run? If you're renting it's not cost effective I guess.

RTR Landscaping
04-18-2008, 07:55 PM
I own a Dingo and it will work fine in almost any situation. The 425 is the wide track model. I have a TX420.It will hang very well on hills and is easy to manuver if you have the room.You will move 3 tons faster than you think.

CALandscapes
04-19-2008, 01:07 AM
I have a 420 for sale....just so you know!

How much you asking for it?

Lawnworks
04-19-2008, 06:35 AM
If you can walk on it... the dingo will do it. My guys have flipped our dingo before, but you couldn't even stand up on that slope. Just buy damage insurance and roll on.

DIXIECONTRACTING
04-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I have a Dingo 420 and use it to move rock, mulch and topsoil and it is very fast as for the hill the worst case scenario is you get it all but the last 40 yards and you have to move it in wheel barrels. I have a high volume bucket and that also helps speed things up so you might want to see if the rental place has one of these.

- Dixie

G.M.Landscaping
04-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Ttt.......

hardscaper
04-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I rented one before an it worked quite well to move 10 yds of topsoil for a job I did last year.

The job I need to use it for now will be to move topsoil from the street up a sloped front yard and into the back yard. The front isn't the problem, it's the back yard. Will it be able to go up a medium grade then turn 90* to the right on the slope and go 40 yards, then be able to dump sideways on the slope?

How stable are these sideways on slopes. The slope is easy to walk on and I currently cut it with a walkbehind if that helps. I would say it's a 30*-35* degree incline? I know a pic might help, but lets see what some of the responses are first.

I think the Dingo I rented was a 425, it had no platform behind it.

Are these guys near you?http://www.abcgroff.com/ic/indust.htm hit the Cormidi link on the left
these machines will do the job and carry about 5 times what a dingo bucket does. Not sure if they rent them or not.