PDA

View Full Version : -l.l.e. 2008-

Lawn Enforcer
04-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Well, I made a big purchase to start off the year today. A brand new, 2008 Everride Scorpion FX 34", 19 hp Kawasaki V-Twin. This is a great machine, and it complements my 2007 Everride Scorpion 52", 23 hp Kohler Command V-Twin very well. The FX doesn't catch on my trailer ramp like I thought it would. I just cruised around on it for a while tonight and I can already tell that I am going to love it! I am praying for a good year!

Lawn Enforcer
04-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Another pic-

Lawn Enforcer
04-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Guess what? Another pic!

Lawn Enforcer
04-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Notice the VERY SOLID cast-iron fenders to add weight for traction because of the smaller drive tires

Lawn Enforcer
04-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Here are my 2 babies!

Lawn Enforcer
04-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Combined: 42 horsepower and 4 cylinders

Just let me know if you guys want some more pics, I got plenty of 'em!

Dstosh
04-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Looks Good. Get those things Dirty!

Lawn Enforcer
04-18-2008, 11:30 PM
I know, I am excited to kick some serious grass! Well, I'm signing off for tonight, got prom tomorrow, gotta get the truck all cleaned up!

P.S. I am only 17 and I run this business as a partnership with my dad!

Chestnut Oaks Prez
04-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Combined: 42 horsepower and 4 cylinders

Just let me know if you guys want some more pics, I got plenty of 'em!

LE!! I don't know if you noticed but you have a OIL leak:laugh:

Lawn Enforcer
04-19-2008, 10:56 AM
LE!! I don't know if you noticed but you have a OIL leak:laugh:

No, that's just rusty water from my lawn roller!:laugh:

Toad
04-19-2008, 01:54 PM
I have some lawns that would be great for something like that 34. Mainly the ones im pushing with a 21". What do those little buggers go for.

S man
04-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Wow! That thing looks awsome! It makes my stander look like a toy. One of my dealers told me he just started selling them. Get some grass cut this year man!

TeeBox
04-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I know, I am excited to kick some serious grass! Well, I'm signing off for tonight, got prom tomorrow, gotta get the truck all cleaned up!

P.S. I am only 17 and I run this business as a partnership with my dad!

Got any pics of your prom date? :laugh:

Chestnut Oaks Prez
04-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Got any pics of your prom date? :laugh:

TEEBOX! I saw him hangin out with these babes. Don't know which one is his prom date?:laugh:

JosephLawnCare
04-19-2008, 07:01 PM
TEEBOX! I saw him hangin out with these babes. Don't know which one is his prom date?:laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh: I like how the ones holding the other ones gut

ALarsh
04-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Looks good and everything, but I don't know why you are buying sub-par equipment, such as "Everrides"

CALandscapes
04-19-2008, 08:00 PM

Now THEY are my type of women! :laughing:

corey4671
04-19-2008, 08:20 PM
I've got one of those 34" ordered. Should be here MOnday. Trading my 36" Wasp HP in on it. Hate walking behind a mower and it just doesn't handle the way I want it to with a sulky on a slope.

Alarsh. Get over yourself. You're just another these Everride haters on this site who has probably never even been anywhere near one of these machines.

Great looking fleet by the way LE. Good luck with it this season!

S man
04-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Now THEY are my type of women! :laughing:

What??? I like a girl with a little meat but not like that!!!:dizzy::dizzy::laugh:

02DURAMAX
04-20-2008, 03:01 AM
I've got one of those 34" ordered. Should be here MOnday. Trading my 36" Wasp HP in on it. Hate walking behind a mower and it just doesn't handle the way I want it to with a sulky on a slope.

Alarsh. Get over yourself. You're just another these Everride haters on this site who has probably never even been anywhere near one of these machines.

Great looking fleet by the way LE. Good luck with it this season!

ITs a nice mower but compared to a stander...I would take the stander much better built..one thing i don't like is how small the standing plate is and how the hydro pumps are on the outside...

corey4671
04-20-2008, 09:47 AM
ITs a nice mower but compared to a stander...I would take the stander much better built..one thing i don't like is how small the standing plate is and how the hydro pumps are on the outside...

actually Jungle Jim's makes a plate extension. Think it's about $50ish. Couple that with the fact that I don't have a Stander dealer THAT I TRUST anywhere near me. Notice the three words in bold lettering.

TLS
04-20-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't know, but it looks like a LOT of room between the rear skirt of the deck and the rear drive tires. Talk about scalp city.

Lawn Enforcer
04-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Alarsh- you HAVE TO try an Everride! They are one of the best built machines I have ever seen. If you know Lano Equipment in Shakopee, MN, you know they don't sell sub-par equipment. Try it before you bash it! Exmark is even scared of them, Waconia Farm Supply was threatened if they started carrying Everrides, Exmark would drop them as a dealer. (Waconia Farm Supply is a HUGE Exmark dealer) I will take my Everrides against any Toro or Exmark!

The mower didn't even catch on my trailer ramp when I drove it up, I was impressed!

$4,900 w/ state taxes:cry:

I'll get some prom pics later, she needs to e-mail them to me

ALarsh
04-20-2008, 01:59 PM
You guys take it so personal when I call an everride sub-par.

Look at this Wright --

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104575&stc=1&d=1206810826
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106464&stc=1&d=1208572804
That is enough said right there... I don't think I need to explain the differences. :dizzy:

Supper Grassy
04-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Nice Equipment

S man
04-20-2008, 05:37 PM
I love wright's standers! They're the original stander.

Lawn Enforcer
04-20-2008, 06:23 PM
You guys take it so personal when I call an everride sub-par.

Look at this Wright --

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104575&stc=1&d=1206810826
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106464&stc=1&d=1208572804
That is enough said right there... I don't think I need to explain the differences. :dizzy:

Wait till Everride comes out with a floating deck 34"ish stander. Everride is pretty new to the mower market, give em a a couple of years, they'll be pretty awesome.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
04-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Wait till Everride comes out with a floating deck 34"ish stander. Everride is pretty new to the mower market, give em a a couple of years, they'll be pretty awesome.

What's pretty awesome is your 4 girlfriends:laugh:

RedMax Man
04-20-2008, 08:35 PM
I agree with Alarsh, Every company that makes Stander mowers just don't come close enough in the quality and design of the original designer Wright Mfg. If Everride gets to close then Wright will sue them just like they did to Great Dane when they went across the line and started imposing on designs, patents, and the structure of the Stander designed and built by Wright Mfg. in Maryland.

Nice machine i will say but they don't appear to be on the same level of quality and design of the Wright Stander.

Matts lawn care
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Looks great. Good luck this season.

S man
04-20-2008, 09:15 PM
I agree with Alarsh, Every company that makes Stander mowers just don't come close enough in the quality and design of the original designer Wright Mfg. If Everride gets to close then Wright will sue them just like they did to Great Dane when they went across the line and started imposing on designs, patents, and the structure of the Stander designed and built by Wright Mfg. in Maryland.

Nice machine i will say but they don't appear to be on the same level of quality and design of the Wright Stander.

I totally agree with you. My wright is very solid.

corey4671
04-20-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm not trying to start a fight Alarsh. It's just that I get fed up with the Everride haters on this site that have never set foot on on one. I've never driven an Exmark or a Toro or a Scag, but do you see me bashing them? I DID drive Kubotas and Dixie Choppers. Hated the Chopper. Kubota, well it was more of a dealer issue with me more so than the machine. With the Everride, I loved the way it performed on my demo and I really like my dealer. Those two things really sold me on the Everride.

PerfectEarth
04-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I've never been on a Wright or an Everride, but by the looks of those mowers in the pics, there is no question as to which one looks beefier and more commercial grade.

Lawn Enforcer
04-20-2008, 10:58 PM
You can't compare a 36" Wright floating deck with the rapid height, if you are going to compare Everride and Wright, take the 32" Wright fixed deck against my 34" Everride Scorpion FX. And I TESTED BOTH Wright and Everride, and when it came down to it, the Everride was better in my opinion.
TRY EVERRIDE BEFORE YOU BASH IT!

ALarsh
04-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Enforcer-- I'm not trying to bash your equipment or anything. I know your a good kid but in this business you have to have great equipment to stay in biz and be reliable. Saving a buck here or there on the purchase is insignificant when you are running a machine for 2000 + hours. Having problems with equipment costs you big bucks when you lose an account because you haven't shown up. It is always a good idea to stay with main stream well known, proven machines when such a large percentage of your income is going to be based of their use. Just looking out for you bro.

Good luck

Lawn Enforcer
04-20-2008, 11:03 PM
I don't want anymore "I think this one is better comments" I know my opinion and it stays with Everride, I like em too much, they are good machines!

P.S. Prom pics coming tomorrow

RedMax Man
04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Why was it better? To me the Everride Stander mowers are on the same level as Dixon mowers, good but not the best. I just don't see what makes them better. The absolute worst Stander is the Great Dane, a hunk of junk compared to the competition.

Can the everride back up a hill that would nomally be driven up forward?

RedMax Man
04-20-2008, 11:08 PM
I wana see YOU on the 52" and HER on the 34" side by side:laugh::)

KS_Grasscutter
04-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Why was it better? To me the Everride Stander mowers are on the same level as Dixon mowers, good but not the best.

Hey now...

RedMax Man
04-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Hey now...

Oh i'm sorry Mr. Dixon.

02DURAMAX
04-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Enforcer-- I'm not trying to bash your equipment or anything. I know your a good kid but in this business you have to have great equipment to stay in biz and be reliable. Saving a buck here or there on the purchase is insignificant when you are running a machine for 2000 + hours. Having problems with equipment costs you big bucks when you lose an account because you haven't shown up. It is always a good idea to stay with main stream well known, proven machines when such a large percentage of your income is going to be based of their use. Just looking out for you bro.

Good luck

I'm with you on this...Enforcer did you notice that your 52" everide does not have anti-Scalp wheels in the front...and mower bigger than a 48" should have them..And yes i have used gravely, great dane ,and everide standers..and to me they are no way as well built as a stander.

Lawn Enforcer
04-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I wana see YOU on the 52" and HER on the 34" side by side:laugh::)

I'll see what I can do! She does love my mowers!:laugh:

I can back up a hill that I can drive up.

The machine has a "Scalp plate" the deck slides over bumps. It has NEVER scalped anywhere before.

I have had NO problems with my mowers at all, and I worked my 52" hard last year.

Lawn Enforcer
04-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Here are a couple prom pics- I'm the goon on the far left, and my babe is next to me. I'll get some better pics later

Lawn Enforcer
04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
kinda blurry

RedMax Man
04-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Who cares what you look like, you got the better lookin girl IMO LOL. Nice choice:clapping:

DillonsLawnCare
04-21-2008, 08:45 PM
nice mower! nice girl!

Lawn Enforcer
04-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Who cares what you look like, you got the better lookin girl IMO LOL. Nice choice:clapping:

Yep, I consider myself to be pretty lucky! Good mowers, great girl!

KrayzKajun
04-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Nice equipment!

grassmanak
04-22-2008, 10:23 AM
did you lay any irrigation pipe after prom

JohnnyCuts
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Nice catch

Lawn Enforcer
04-22-2008, 05:37 PM
did you lay any irrigation pipe after prom

Ha, you guys are too funny!:laugh: I'm not telling!

Lawn Enforcer
04-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Another Prom shot- and I never seem to be ready for a picture

P.S. I should be getting some pics of the Scorpion FX in action later this week, lawns seem ready to be dethatched!

S man
04-22-2008, 09:12 PM

You're right. Good lookin girl= you lookin good.:cool2:

Lawn Enforcer
04-22-2008, 09:22 PM
You're right. Good lookin girl= you lookin good.:cool2:

Good call guys! Her good looks kind of cancels out my ugliness!

tallimeca
04-22-2008, 11:25 PM
everride and great dane are nut for bolt, the same machine. Decals and powdercoat are the only differences.

The pictures you are comparing of the wright and everride are apples and oranges. You are showing a picture of the rapid height stander, not the fixed deck model. Look at those hydro hoses hanging out there and the spring for the rear deck support readding to get caught on something.......

You guys are bashing these mowers and here's a guy who owns and cuts with one telling you they are good, but you still don't listen. Dead issue. Stop defending your mowers guy. You have two nice pieces of equipment. Let these guys go out and buy what they want (and overpay in most cases).

Lawn Enforcer
04-23-2008, 12:14 AM
everride and great dane are nut for bolt, the same machine. Decals and powdercoat are the only differences.

The pictures you are comparing of the wright and everride are apples and oranges. You are showing a picture of the rapid height stander, not the fixed deck model. Look at those hydro hoses hanging out there and the spring for the rear deck support readding to get caught on something.......

You guys are bashing these mowers and here's a guy who owns and cuts with one telling you they are good, but you still don't listen. Dead issue. Stop defending your mowers guy. You have two nice pieces of equipment. Let these guys go out and buy what they want (and overpay in most cases).

Thanks man, well said! I know what works for me, and Everride has treated me well and I couldn't ask for more.

Lawn Enforcer
04-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Well, we got to use the Scorpion FX for the 1st time today, and WOW! Everride has a winner in the Scorpion FX 34"! My dad gave it a 9.5 out of 10. It handles beautifully, bags very well, is fast, and doesn't rip up turf. Sweet machine!

Lawn Enforcer
04-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Another pic!

Lawn Enforcer
04-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey, another pic! This mower is going to serve us extremely well in the future.

RedMax Man
04-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Man she's a cutie LOL:)

Do standers stripe ok??

Lawn Enforcer
04-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Man she's a cutie LOL:)

Do standers stripe ok??

She'll love the compliment!

My 52" stripes pretty good, I need to adjust the deck on my new FX so the back of the deck is lower than the front of the deck, thus creating a better stripe in the grass.

TLS
04-24-2008, 08:10 PM
My 52" stripes pretty good, I need to adjust the deck on my new FX so the back of the deck is lower than the front of the deck, thus creating a better stripe in the grass.

That may or may not make it stripe better, but it will certainly make it cut WORSE and take more power to do it.

ALWAYS use a slight front rake.

Lawn Enforcer
04-24-2008, 09:54 PM
That may or may not make it stripe better, but it will certainly make it cut WORSE and take more power to do it.

ALWAYS use a slight front rake.

We did it last year and it cut just fine, and it striped pretty well.

TLS
04-24-2008, 09:59 PM
O.K.

But your going to be ripping the grass rather than cutting it. Plus you'll be using more fuel and horsepower than if you'd be setting the deck up properly.

Cut quality is #1....ALWAYS.

If a stripe is produced, it's a bonus.

ALarsh
04-24-2008, 10:29 PM
It should be about an 1/8" pitch towards the front of the mower.

Lawn Enforcer
04-26-2008, 05:11 PM
We'll see about the deck adjustments, but we got an inch of snow this morning so it could be another 3-5 days before I get back to work.

Lawn Enforcer
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Here is a fresh pic of my Dad bagging up the last lawn of the day. He just loves that machine!

Lawn Enforcer
04-29-2008, 10:32 PM
A quick shot of the truck and trailer-

A-Land
04-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Thats a sweet sign. Nice looking prom date as well....... haha Did you pay more to rent the tux or rent the girl for the night? lol

Just kidding......

A-Land
04-29-2008, 10:59 PM
I have mine next week...... cutting into my working time!!

Lawn Enforcer
04-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Thats a sweet sign. Nice looking prom date as well....... haha Did you pay more to rent the tux or rent the girl for the night? lol

Just kidding......

Thanks-I painted the sign myself last winter, and as I told my Dad, awesome mower, awesome girl, I take nothing but the best!

The tux was about $145:cry: but thankfully she was free, I don't think I could afford her!

Lawn Enforcer
04-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Well, here seems to be the best shot yet.

S man
04-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Good call guys! Her good looks kind of cancels out my ugliness!

Come on, you look alright. You should see me with me glasses on:laugh: I need to get contacts soon.

How's the new 34" doing?

S man
04-30-2008, 11:10 PM
I really do like your mower because it has a big 19hp for a stander 34"! Also has heavy duty filtration.

Lawn Enforcer
04-30-2008, 11:47 PM
My mower rocks! I don't think it will ever bog down, it would probably take down a small tree!:laugh: I am extremely pleased with the mower, and now that I have the 34" and the 52" Scorpions, I think that I have the best combo possible.

Well, I guess I don't look to bad, I am a bit on the fat side:laugh:, but I have started running a lot more to get ready for football season, getting ready to make a run for the state title!

flattoplawncare
04-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Hey Lawn, I have the 52 Scorpion FX just lift the front wheels up and move one washer to the bottom on each side you should have 3 on top (both sides) then that bad boy will stripe nicely i just used mine today for the first cut and wow does it stripe nice i will get some pics on the next cut. You want the front of the deck slightly lower than the rear by the way.

S man
05-01-2008, 02:07 AM
My mower rocks! I don't think it will ever bog down, it would probably take down a small tree!:laugh: I am extremely pleased with the mower, and now that I have the 34" and the 52" Scorpions, I think that I have the best combo possible.

Well, I guess I don't look to bad, I am a bit on the fat side:laugh:, but I have started running a lot more to get ready for football season, getting ready to make a run for the state title!

Well you should get in shape fast with the lawn biz! I know it's kept me thin. I agree the 34 and 52 is a great combo. I'll probably have the same setup only with dixon professional mowers. The 34 black bear and 52 kodiak.

S man
05-01-2008, 02:13 AM
Oh i'm sorry Mr. Dixon.

Yeah and to me too, mr. future dixon.

Lawn Enforcer
05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey Lawn, I have the 52 Scorpion FX just lift the front wheels up and move one washer to the bottom on each side you should have 3 on top (both sides) then that bad boy will stripe nicely i just used mine today for the first cut and wow does it stripe nice i will get some pics on the next cut. You want the front of the deck slightly lower than the rear by the way.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl. Must be nice to finally start mowing up north!

Lawn Enforcer
05-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Well you should get in shape fast with the lawn biz! I know it's kept me thin. I agree the 34 and 52 is a great combo. I'll probably have the same setup only with dixon professional mowers. The 34 black bear and 52 kodiak.

I usually put on a bunch of weight in winter and I lose about 20 lbs in summer, but I still weigh too much- it's tough to keep the weight down!

A-Land
05-01-2008, 10:39 PM
I usually put on a bunch of weight in winter and I lose about 20 lbs in summer, but I still weigh too much- it's tough to keep the weight down!

In the summer, it's easy to pack a lot of calories. The heat and all the mowing work sort of give you a false sense of how much you need. Then winter comes, and you eat the same amount, but arn't working........ In the first two weeks of working I'm already down 5 lbs, our prom is coming up in 3 weeks, should be a fun time.

haha $145 for your tux?? I bet your girl has $145 in make up on, a $400 dress, and a $100 pair of shoes......... lol That's why fathers with daughters work a lot.

Lawn Enforcer
05-02-2008, 05:55 PM
In the summer, it's easy to pack a lot of calories. The heat and all the mowing work sort of give you a false sense of how much you need. Then winter comes, and you eat the same amount, but arn't working........ In the first two weeks of working I'm already down 5 lbs, our prom is coming up in 3 weeks, should be a fun time.

haha $145 for your tux?? I bet your girl has $145 in make up on, a $400 dress, and a $100 pair of shoes......... lol That's why fathers with daughters work a lot.

Yeah, the I have the better end of the deal. $145 tux. Her dress was free though, she used her cousin's dress from 2 years ago. And, I got ready in 15 minutes compared to her probably taking 6 hours to get ready!

RedMax Man
05-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah, the I have the better end of the deal. $145 tux. Her dress was free though, she used her cousin's dress from 2 years ago. And, I got ready in 15 minutes compared to her probably taking 6 hours to get ready!

Looks almost like a wedding dress;)

A-Land
05-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Looks almost like a wedding dress;)

I agree. Hey, lock her up now if you can.............. she looks like a good one

farmerkev
05-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Nice pics, and nice lawn equipment. My prom is tommorow, no intention of going though. Besides the girl I would have asked is going with one of my good buddys, he will be alot more fun than me though, Im kinda boring!:sleeping::sleeping:

Lawn Enforcer
05-04-2008, 12:23 AM
I agree. Hey, lock her up now if you can.............. she looks like a good one

Yeah, she is a good girl, that's for sure.

Lawn Enforcer
05-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Nice pics, and nice lawn equipment. My prom is tommorow, no intention of going though. Besides the girl I would have asked is going with one of my good buddys, he will be alot more fun than me though, Im kinda boring!:sleeping::sleeping:

Thanks for the compliment, I have been trying very hard to build my business up to where it is now, it's good to sit back and look at how far the biz has grown.

Lawn Enforcer
05-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Looks great. Good luck this season.

Thanks buddy- How's the year looking for you?

Matts lawn care
05-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Its been great. Im almost done all my bigger mulch jobs 74 cubic yards so far and only 21 more to go! I will be getting a truck in the next week or 2 and will put some pictures up. All and all its been busy but profitable. I was up in MN 3 weeks ago visiting grandparents and it was cold lol. O yea I liked that google video link, very intresting.

Lawn Enforcer
05-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Its been great. Im almost done all my bigger mulch jobs 74 cubic yards so far and only 21 more to go! I will be getting a truck in the next week or 2 and will put some pictures up. All and all its been busy but profitable. I was up in MN 3 weeks ago visiting grandparents and it was cold lol. O yea I liked that google video link, very intresting.

I remember getting my truck, it is awesome to finally have your own.
Cool (no pun intended:laugh:), what town do your grandparents live in?

farmerkev
05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
I got my first truck over and bo is it fun to have.:clapping::dancing:

Matts lawn care
05-07-2008, 06:54 AM
They live in St. Paul.

Lawn Enforcer
05-07-2008, 05:04 PM
They live in St. Paul.

Oh, not bad. Only 60 miles away from me.

farmerkev
05-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I live in the North End of Saint Paul.

Lawn Enforcer
05-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I live in the North End of Saint Paul.

Have you started working yet?

farmerkev
05-08-2008, 11:28 PM
I am going to do my own thing for the first time this year, and Im only, oh.... about 2 months behind. Im still putting up fliers.;) But so far, I havent even cut my own lawn yet, but this weekend Im going to mow those who are ready.

Lawn Enforcer
05-12-2008, 10:23 PM
A lawn I did with the 34" FX

Lawn Enforcer
05-12-2008, 10:24 PM
the same lawn, different side of the house

A-Land
05-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Doesn't seem like it striped very well

Lawn Enforcer
A quick pic of the rig, I just need some new trimmer racks and a new shiny BR 600

RedMax Man
Is it possible to put a little more effort into defining your stripes or is it difficult to get em to show up? maybe the type of grass.

Lawn Enforcer
05-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Is it possible to put a little more effort into defining your stripes or is it difficult to get em to show up? maybe the type of grass.

Well, I've been trying to get that lawn to stripe for about 3 years and it never works. This is the best the lawn has looked since it was slit seeded 4 years ago, so I thought I would take a pic for the homeowners (they are in Hawaii for 2 weeks). The landscaper who did all the work(it wasn't me!) did a ****** job, and it is kinda tough to get this FX to stripe well, but I'll figure it out in time.

flattoplawncare
05-12-2008, 10:35 PM
lift up the front casters and put 3 washers on top and 3 on bottom and then set the deck to the middle holes and you will get great stripes with that my 52 scorpion fx stripes awesome. I will post some pics later of mine.

Lawn Enforcer
05-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna try the spacers, I just keep forgetting to do it!

TLS
05-12-2008, 10:47 PM
For stripes, you cant LAP MOW.

You must mow up and back, up and back. Not roundy-round like your picture indicates.

dcgreenspro
05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Doesn't everide make a striping kit for those mowers???is the big league striper compatible??I know you made the signs but I would try and get something a little bit more professional to give your selves a better look. The lawn you did looks very smooth without the stripes. Keep up the good work!

Lawn Enforcer
05-12-2008, 11:02 PM
For stripes, you cant LAP MOW.

You must mow up and back, up and back. Not roundy-round like your picture indicates.

I DID NOT lap mow, I went up and down, and I turned around at the end of each row. Don't make a comment if you don't know.

Lawn Enforcer
05-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Doesn't everide make a striping kit for those mowers???is the big league striper compatible??I know you made the signs but I would try and get something a little bit more professional to give your selves a better look. The lawn you did looks very smooth without the stripes. Keep up the good work!

They don't make a striping kit, but I think Jungle Jim's makes one, I can't remember if it works on a stander or not, I'd have to check. The lawn does look better in person, pictures don't do justice. I may get new signs this summer since I am going to take off the side ramp since I can't use it with my new stander.

farmerkev
05-12-2008, 11:05 PM
I DID NOT lap mow, I went up and down, and I turned around at the end of each row. Don't make a comment if you don't know.

Whats the best way to deal with trees in the dead center of a stripe path?:confused:

Lawn Enforcer
05-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Whats the best way to deal with trees in the dead center of a stripe path?:confused:

You can't make the stripes perfect if there is a big tree ring in the middle of the lawn, you can get close, but it's tough. The lawn also make look weird because I bagged it up and I drove over the area shown a lot when I was emptying the bagger.

TLS
05-12-2008, 11:10 PM

OK....whatever.

Just trying to help you kids out. I see random light and dark wheel marks that lead me to believe you (or your Dad) were lap mowing or simply mowing at random.

One thing I DO know....your lines are NOT straight.

I'm giving your constructive criticism. Something that when I was your age, I wish I would have received. Sorry to bother you. :rolleyes:

Lawn Enforcer
05-12-2008, 11:36 PM
OK....whatever.

Just trying to help you kids out. I see random light and dark wheel marks that lead me to believe you (or your Dad) were lap mowing or simply mowing at random.

One thing I DO know....your lines are NOT straight.

I'm giving your constructive criticism. Something that when I was your age, I wish I would have received. Sorry to bother you. :rolleyes:

The marks are from K turns at the end of the rows, the curb is about 6 inches below the bottom of the pic, and I know they aren't straight, there are tons of holes and dips in that lawn which really throw you off, and to my Dad (who didn't help me on this lawn) my brother (who did work for me for a year), and my girlfriend said it looks like I turned around at the end of each row and that I didn't drive in circles and cut in the round. It's fine, you didn't bother me, it's just that I was pointing out that you were not correct in saying that I drove in a round pattern while mowing. I know you are a vet of the industry and you have good advice. The mower is still new to me and I am seeing what works and what doesn't.

Thanks for all the rest of the comments guys!

I also should have done BEFORE pics, then you guys would've thought these pics looked amazing, it was pretty bad when I started

flattoplawncare
05-13-2008, 12:04 AM
You should already have 6 spacers on each caster wheel. Just put 3 up and 3 down and you will have excellent rake on that deck, Man i wish i had my camera today these stripes where awesome. Thats it I'M GOING BACK IN THE MORNING TO TAKE PICS.

ALarsh
05-13-2008, 12:19 AM

:cry::cry::cry::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::cry::cry ::cry:

Man you are turning into such a little brat. You need to settle down. Listen to someone who has more experience than you... you may even learn something

This is why all of the big names hardly ever post here

From the pics... it sure does look like "lap mowing"... I would take some pics of the quality of cut my machines put down but always seem to busy to slow down.. have more accounts than can juggle

RedMax Man
05-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Its not difficult to cut around trees and obsticals in the middle of a lawn. You just gotta go around it once before you finish your back and forth mowing stripes in order to blend it in and keep the lines straight and same width.

Lawn Enforcer
05-13-2008, 04:40 PM
:cry::cry::cry::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::cry::cry ::cry:

Man you are turning into such a little brat. You need to settle down. Listen to someone who has more experience than you... you may even learn something

This is why all of the big names hardly ever post here

From the pics... it sure does look like "lap mowing"... I would take some pics of the quality of cut my machines put down but always seem to busy to slow down.. have more accounts than can juggle

Ok, I was just saying that he was wrong when he said I was lap mowing, and there is no way to prove I was lap mowing, so his comment was wrong. The cut quality of my Everrides is just as good as any machine I've demoed, pictures just don't do justice. As for the "little brat" comment, I still don''t know what you mean by that. I was just saying he was wrong and I corrected him, simple as that, some people are just taking the "don't comment at all" way to seriously.

Lawn Enforcer
05-13-2008, 07:00 PM
You should already have 6 spacers on each caster wheel. Just put 3 up and 3 down and you will have excellent rake on that deck, Man i wish i had my camera today these stripes where awesome. Thats it I'M GOING BACK IN THE MORNING TO TAKE PICS.

I can't wait to see the pics! Post 'em here!

DoetschOutdoor
05-13-2008, 08:43 PM
All you have to do is go up to the tree as far as possible, then go around it only halfway with the trim side of the mower going up against the tree ring or whatever. Then do the exact same on the other side for your next pass. The key is to not go around the whole tree as it will leave marks and not look as good.

You know, if you had bought an exmark, you wouldnt have to worry about getting that mower all set up to stripe...it would have done it from the factory. Not being to harsh but that lawn should have some nice stripes and it kinda just looks like you were driving all over the place:dizzy:

Lawn Enforcer
05-13-2008, 08:48 PM
All you have to do is go up to the tree as far as possible, then go around it only halfway with the trim side of the mower going up against the tree ring or whatever. Then do the exact same on the other side for your next pass. The key is to not go around the whole tree as it will leave marks and not look as good.

You know, if you had bought an exmark, you wouldnt have to worry about getting that mower all set up to stripe...it would have done it from the factory. Not being to harsh but that lawn should have some nice stripes and it kinda just looks like you were driving all over the place:dizzy:

Well, if I would've bought an Exmark like I was looking at, it would've had a smaller deck and engine than my 52" Scorpion, and it would've cost $2,000 more. The Exmark dealer really pissed me off when they didn't show up 3 times when they said they would bring a mower for me to demo. My dealer support I have with my Everrides is amazing! They are good mowers, I'll have to get some pics of my 34" stripes, it does lay some descent stripes, I just need some pics of a different lawn. I did demo an Exmark, Kubota, Toro, and a Wright, and my Dad and myself liked the Everride the best.

corey4671
05-13-2008, 09:23 PM
here's some not so great stripes on some not so great grass at the Best Western here in town with my 34" Scorpion. Still trying to figure out the best settings for this thing.

freshprince94
05-14-2008, 09:56 PM
LLE: Nice mower, wish I could have something like that (or any non-21 machine for that matter). And don't worry about the stripes, you're being payed to cut the grass, not draw on it. Stripes are nice but if you have to do a lot extra to make them, it's a waste.

And nice date!

Lawn Enforcer
05-14-2008, 10:07 PM
LLE: Nice mower, wish I could have something like that (or any non-21 machine for that matter). And don't worry about the stripes, you're being payed to cut the grass, not draw on it. Stripes are nice but if you have to do a lot extra to make them, it's a waste.

And nice date!

Thanks man! If you get the funds, I say get one of these 34" FX Scorpions, they handle like a dream!

And yes, she is nice. Pretty hot too!

Lawn Enforcer
05-18-2008, 04:48 PM

Well, if you put spacers around, that changes the cutting height, and I am at 3.5 inches now and so is my 52" Scorpion so I need to keep 'em the same.

Lawn Enforcer
05-18-2008, 04:50 PM
here's some not so great stripes on some not so great grass at the Best Western here in town with my 34" Scorpion. Still trying to figure out the best settings for this thing.

Really, these mowers stripe better in person, they just don't seem to look very good on pictures, I don't know why.

flattoplawncare
05-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Well, if you put spacers around, that changes the cutting height, and I am at 3.5 inches now and so is my 52" Scorpion so I need to keep 'em the same.

Yes, just read your manual and you can still have the same cut height but with more rake trust me i have the same mower.

Lawn Enforcer
05-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Yes, just read your manual and you can still have the same cut height but with more rake trust me i have the same mower.

Really, cool! I haven't really read the manual yet, I've been pretty busy with school (only 4 days left!) and I've got all summer to play with it!

flattoplawncare
05-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Really, cool! I haven't really read the manual yet, I've been pretty busy with school (only 4 days left!) and I've got all summer to play with it!

Yes, i had to adjust the deck and then the spacers for the rake and a 3.5 cut, And it stripes awesome!! i will post pics soon.

No Rush
05-18-2008, 11:25 PM
That is a nice mower! I never heard of that Make/Model before but I am going to find a dealer here in TX and go check one out. About what did it run you?

freshprince94
05-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks man! If you get the funds, I say get one of these 34" FX Scorpions, they handle like a dream!

And yes, she is nice. Pretty hot too!

I don't know of any everride dealers in my area, aren't they available at trade shows?

Lawn Enforcer
05-19-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't know of any everride dealers in my area, aren't they available at trade shows?

I'm not sure, I would go to www.everride.com and contact someone and find out where to get one, this is an awesome mower!

I paid about $5,000 for it

farmboy1285
05-20-2008, 12:52 AM
Dang it I want on of those 34" to match my Great dane surfer so bad its not even funny, I cry myself to sleep at night. Oh well I guess I always have to dream about something. Im actually toying with the idea of taking a 36 hydro walkbehind welding a new heavy duty stand on style frame, bolting on the old 36" deck,engine and hydros and boom I have a 36" stand on.

Lawn Enforcer
05-20-2008, 05:29 PM
If you do all that, I don't know if it will match the productivity and handling of the 34" FX.

farmboy1285
05-20-2008, 10:29 PM
If you do all that, I don't know if it will match the productivity and handling of the 34" FX.

Were you talking to me, if so I guess that is something I need to consider as I said I am just toying with the idea.

Lawn Enforcer
05-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Were you talking to me, if so I guess that is something I need to consider as I said I am just toying with the idea.

Yeah, I was talking to you, I shouldv'e quoted you. It seems like it would be hard to make it work with the way the frame and deck and engine are placed, it would almost be easier to buy one, unless you are an awesome fabricator.

farmboy1285
05-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Im not an awesome fabricator but Im willing to try. I guess Im starting to see you point I would have to make sure things like the engine and hydros are still the same distance apart so I can use an OEM belt. I dont know if I will seriously go through with it but I just bought a 16 HP briggs v twin off craigslist the other day for and I haven't even figured out what Im going to do with it. Bill wright was able to do it so why can I try? The way I look at things is anything you want to do can be done Provided 3 things,
1. You have the right tools
2. You have time to work on whatever it is
3. You are motivated to go and do whatever it is instead of wasting you time watching tv or on Lawnsite LOL.
I did decide today that If I do go through with my mower I am going to call it a Right Standar. I wouldn't try to sell it so I don't think I would have a problem with patents. Then again Im not a patent laywer.

Lawn Enforcer
05-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Im not an awesome fabricator but Im willing to try. I guess Im starting to see you point I would have to make sure things like the engine and hydros are still the same distance apart so I can use an OEM belt. I dont know if I will seriously go through with it but I just bought a 16 HP briggs v twin off craigslist the other day for and I haven't even figured out what Im going to do with it. Bill wright was able to do it so why can I try? The way I look at things is anything you want to do can be done Provided 3 things,
1. You have the right tools
2. You have time to work on whatever it is
3. You are motivated to go and do whatever it is instead of wasting you time watching tv or on Lawnsite LOL.
I did decide today that If I do go through with my mower I am going to call it a Right Standar. I wouldn't try to sell it so I don't think I would have a problem with patents. Then again Im not a patent laywer.

Well, if you have materials and you think you can make it happen, go for it! That would be pretty awesome to say that you built your own mower!

Lawn Enforcer
05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Thought I'd throw another pic up here. This is one of her favorite pics. After mowing all day with the Scorpions, I feel awesome, or it could be that tomorrow is my last day of school!

Matts lawn care
05-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Nice standers!
looks like shes a winner! I still have 1 more year of HS left. We get out on June 13 (Friday the 13)

farmboy1285
05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Well, if you have materials and you think you can make it happen, go for it! That would be pretty awesome to say that you built your own mower!

Right mow Im just keeping my eye open for parts but I get out of HS in 3 days and have nothing to do but cut grass, work on my stuff and maybe build a mower!

Lawn Enforcer
05-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Nice standers!
looks like shes a winner! I still have 1 more year of HS left. We get out on June 13 (Friday the 13)

Thanks man! She is pretty awesome- that sucks that you get out so late. I am just excited to do what I do best, mow some lawns!

Lawn Enforcer
05-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Right mow Im just keeping my eye open for parts but I get out of HS in 3 days and have nothing to do but cut grass, work on my stuff and maybe build a mower!

That's what I love about summer, making money. Getting up at 8 am, mowing, maybe taking a cruise on my motorcycle, just not racking my brain all the time. I am pretty tight on cash until my May mowing checks start coming in. I need to save some $$ cuz I'm taking her to a MN Twins game against the Orioles on June 3. She is pretty much the biggest Twins fan I know, she'll absolutely love it!

farmboy1285
05-22-2008, 11:38 PM
That's what I love about summer, making money. Getting up at 8 am, mowing, maybe taking a cruise on my motorcycle, just not racking my brain all the time. I am pretty tight on cash until my May mowing checks start coming in. I need to save some $$ cuz I'm taking her to a MN Twins game against the Orioles on June 3. She is pretty much the biggest Twins fan I know, she'll absolutely love it!

Yep nothing like summer. By the way looks like you got a keeper there, you'ld better hold on to her, and Im not talking about you new mower. Just curious what kind of motorcycle do you have.

Lawn Enforcer
05-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Yep nothing like summer. By the way looks like you got a keeper there, you'ld better hold on to her, and Im not talking about you new mower. Just curious what kind of motorcycle do you have.

I feel blessed to have her, she is the best thing that has happened to me (besides the killer deal on my Shindaiwa trimmer last year! j/k) I have a '76 Yamaha XS 360, it's a fun cruiser for in town, but it kinda sucks on the highway. It's a fun and zippy little machine but I usually ride my Dad's '81 Honda Goldwing 1100, it is a total monster!

Lawn Enforcer
05-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Well, the weather looks good and I'm gonna take a cruise with some of my motorcycle buddys from school and go to an end of the school year party. I just landed 2 landscape jobs yesterday, so I'm pretty excited!

dbrockner
05-24-2008, 10:34 AM
I hate to tell you the Everride is a Dane. So is the Ariens Pro-Sance . They are al made by Ariens now. They are all badly designed knock offs. The can not make it "wright" due to patent infringement guidelines.

Lawn Enforcer
05-24-2008, 01:20 PM
I hate to tell you the Everride is a Dane. So is the Ariens Pro-Sance . They are al made by Ariens now. They are all badly designed knock offs. The can not make it "wright" due to patent infringement guidelines.

Yeah, I know they are made by the quality company called Ariens. I don't care if they are nothing like a Wright and I'm fine with that because my Everrides work beautifully.

S man
05-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I know they are made by the quality company called Ariens. I don't care if they are nothing like a Wright and I'm fine with that because my Everrides work beautifully.

I agree. It's just like everyone's on my a$$ for buying a dixon commercial.

Lawn Enforcer
05-24-2008, 06:47 PM
I agree. It's just like everyone's on my a$$ for buying a dixon commercial.

I agree, Dixon mowers are good quality, I just don't have the dealer support like I have with Everrides, that's why I couldn't consider Dixon for a mower. I have a 1998 Dixon 4515B, I worked it hard and the thing still runs!

Lawn Enforcer
05-26-2008, 03:35 PM

I think I have some time to work on the mower today, I'll see what I can do. Do you have any damage at your place?

freshprince94
05-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure, I would go to www.everride.com and contact someone and find out where to get one, this is an awesome mower!

I paid about $5,000 for it

I actually just got around to checking that, the closest dealer is miles away in Ocoee. So no Everride for me.

Kennedy Landscaping
05-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Nice machine!

Lawn Enforcer
05-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I actually just got around to checking that, the closest dealer is miles away in Ocoee. So no Everride for me.

Kinda sucks that a dealer is too far away. Do you have a Gravely or Great Dane dealer nearby? They have the same machine.

flattoplawncare
05-27-2008, 12:17 AM
My siding has holes in it and my neighbors windows are broken, The tornado was only blocks away from me. I actually saw one for right above me! pretty scary.

Lawn Enforcer
05-27-2008, 09:43 AM
My siding has holes in it and my neighbors windows are broken, The tornado was only blocks away from me. I actually saw one for right above me! pretty scary.

Wow, that is pretty scary. I'm sure you have a lot of clean up to do though. A lot of customers houses damaged?

freshprince94
05-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Kinda sucks that a dealer is too far away. Do you have a Gravely or Great Dane dealer nearby? They have the same machine.

Gravely-Yes. Great Dane-Not sure

Lawn Enforcer
05-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Gravely-Yes. Great Dane-Not sure

I would check out Gravely, I'm pretty sure it is the exact mower as the FX 34".

Lawn Enforcer
05-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Freshprince-
Here's a link to the Gravely

http://www.gravely.com/products/prostance/ps1934fx/

Lawn Enforcer
05-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Here are some pics of a lawn I did with the FX today. Thanks to Flat Top with the changing the rake of the deck, it seemed to help a lot- the deck needs to be cleaned out though, then it should be almost perfect.

Lawn Enforcer
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Another angle of the lawn. I have a landscape job at this house in a few weeks, so I'm looking forward to that.

Lawn Enforcer
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Same lawn, different angle

Lawn Enforcer
05-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Oh heck, why not throw a pic of the rig up here!

flattoplawncare
05-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Here are some pics of a lawn I did with the FX today. Thanks to Flat Top with the changing the rake of the deck, it seemed to help a lot- the deck needs to be cleaned out though, then it should be almost perfect.

That looks better! How are your spacers setup? 3up 3 down? I will post pics tomorrow of what my stripes look like.

Lawn Enforcer
05-28-2008, 10:29 PM
That looks better! How are your spacers setup? 3up 3 down? I will post pics tomorrow of what my stripes look like.

Yep, 3 up and 3 down. Thanks bud! Get those pics up here!

freshprince94
05-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Freshprince-
Here's a link to the Gravely

http://www.gravely.com/products/prostance/ps1934fx/

Thanks. Looks the same, but I like the colors on the Everride better. Lol. But Gravely is a good machine, I use their w/b at my other job.

Lawn Enforcer
05-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks. Looks the same, but I like the colors on the Everride better. Lol. But Gravely is a good machine, I use their w/b at my other job.

You could always just repaint it!:laugh:

flattoplawncare
05-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Here are some there was no sun today though.

Lawn Enforcer
05-30-2008, 09:41 PM
That's pretty much how my 52" Scorpion looks, I changed the rake on both decks and now they cut beautifully. I cut in the rain with the 52" and it didn't clump at all.

farmboy1285
05-31-2008, 01:39 AM
Just curious I have the great dane version of your scorpion fx 52. What height do you guys cut at? You said that you have your spacers set up three on top and three on bottom so what set of holes do you have the deck mounted in on the back? Currently I cut at 3.5" with one spacer on top and five down under with the rear of the deck mounted in the middle set of holes thats how it came from my dealer. The cut is absolutely flawless but it tends to clump coming right out of the chute so im wondering if adjusting the rake will help this. I dont have this problem with either of my encores, but they have a different style of deck. Do you guys have this problem?

Lawn Enforcer
05-31-2008, 09:26 PM
Just curious I have the great dane version of your scorpion fx 52. What height do you guys cut at? You said that you have your spacers set up three on top and three on bottom so what set of holes do you have the deck mounted in on the back? Currently I cut at 3.5" with one spacer on top and five down under with the rear of the deck mounted in the middle set of holes thats how it came from my dealer. The cut is absolutely flawless but it tends to clump coming right out of the chute so im wondering if adjusting the rake will help this. I dont have this problem with either of my encores, but they have a different style of deck. Do you guys have this problem?

Flat Top will have to answer the FX questions for you. My floating deck 52" that I changed the rake on cut beautifully until I mowed in the pouring rain and the deck got full of wet grass and then it threw clumps a little bit.

flattoplawncare
05-31-2008, 09:47 PM

I have mine mounted in the middle holes and 3 spacers up and 3 down and the results are in the pics above. I will have more stripe pics monday!!!! I am trying something new out that is TOP SECRET :laugh::usflag:

Lawn Enforcer
05-31-2008, 09:51 PM
I have mine mounted in the middle holes and 3 spacers up and 3 down and the results are in the pics above. I will have more stripe pics monday!!!! I am trying something new out that is TOP SECRET :laugh::usflag:

Oh, c'mon, let me know so I can try it on my 34" FX!!!!:laugh:

flattoplawncare
06-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Here they are TOP SECRET

Lawn Enforcer
06-01-2008, 03:58 PM
By the Beard of Zues! Nice stripes! C'mon, let me know what you did!

flattoplawncare
06-01-2008, 05:41 PM
By the Beard of Zues! Nice stripes! C'mon, let me know what you did!

Sounds silly but i mounted a head of a push broom under my mower between the wheels. That was a very sh@#y yard i did too it has been very abused, believe it or not that yard was about 1 foot high too!! cant wait to get out tomorrow and paint some pictures with it!!

flattoplawncare
06-01-2008, 05:44 PM
The neighbors where in shock on how beautiful it turned out i got 2 more yards from that one!!!

Lawn Enforcer
06-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Sounds silly but i mounted a head of a push broom under my mower between the wheels. That was a very sh@#y yard i did too it has been very abused, believe it or not that yard was about 1 foot high too!! cant wait to get out tomorrow and paint some pictures with it!!

Sweet, I may have to try that!

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 04:52 PM
A few pics from today. This lawn was done with the 52"

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Another, same lawn, same mower

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Again, same lawn, same mower

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Different lawn, mowed with the 34" FX

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Same twin home, just the other side. Picked up another commercial account after I finished mowing here, someone saw how good it looked and they want a price on their assisted living home. That's 35 accounts!

flattoplawncare
06-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Good job on the new accounts, I am up to my neck with work i have 82 accounts this year.

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Good job on the new accounts, I am up to my neck with work i have 82 accounts this year.

Nice, 82 is a healthy amount! So you do this full-time then.

flattoplawncare
06-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes I do for 4 years now!!

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Yes I do for 4 years now!!

Do you do chemicals and everything?

flattoplawncare
06-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I do it all new lawn installs, dethatching, aerating, overseeding, pruning, etc... plowing.

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I do it all new lawn installs, dethatching, aerating, overseeding, pruning, etc... plowing.

cool, I can't wait to be done with H.S. so I can do this work full-time!

Dstosh
06-02-2008, 06:56 PM
cool, I can't wait to be done with H.S. so I can do this work full-time!

Go to college, get a hort degree, then go full time

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Go to college, get a hort degree, then go full time

Well, I am going to college and doing online classes so I can keep working.

KSgrassmaster
06-09-2008, 12:58 AM
i looked at everides and was not thouroughly impressed with them. I went on to purchase 2 52" wrights. The everides that i demoed also didnt stripe very well. They cut good but the stripe was **** and trust me it doesnt take much down here in KC to stripe. You get what you pay for though. Good luck for the season.

S man
06-09-2008, 12:23 PM
I feel blessed to have her, she is the best thing that has happened to me (besides the killer deal on my Shindaiwa trimmer last year! j/k) I have a '76 Yamaha XS 360, it's a fun cruiser for in town, but it kinda sucks on the highway. It's a fun and zippy little machine but I usually ride my Dad's '81 Honda Goldwing 1100, it is a total monster!

What shiny trimmer you got? I'm interested in shiny trimmers.

flattoplawncare
06-09-2008, 01:06 PM
i looked at everides and was not thouroughly impressed with them. I went on to purchase 2 52" wrights. The everides that i demoed also didnt stripe very well. They cut good but the stripe was **** and trust me it doesnt take much down here in KC to stripe. You get what you pay for though. Good luck for the season.

What!!! look at my pics they stripe great!!! your deck was not adjusted right.

KSgrassmaster
06-09-2008, 02:01 PM
What!!! look at my pics they stripe great!!! your deck was not adjusted right.No offense but you have a striper kit and it still doesn't impress me. I run my Wrights w/o any aftermarket kit and the cut and stripe look like major league baseball stadiums grass. Look at your everide pics compared to your scag. NO COMPARISON!

Lawn Enforcer
06-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Sorry guys, I was gone for 12 days on a History Tour with my senior class, so my dad has been holding down the work end of the biz and I couldn't get to a computer, but I was having a lot of fun!

S Man- It's a T231, great power, nice unit

My Everrides cut great, and I am working on the stripes too, they are getting better.

Green Team Landscaping
07-18-2008, 06:03 PM
whats the difference between those and wrights?

RedMax Man
07-18-2008, 09:25 PM

They are fairly different. I dont want to start a mower argument though. The Everride is based off the stander.

Petr51488
07-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Well, I am going to college and doing online classes so I can keep working.

I hate to tell you, but you don't learn much at all on online classes. I took 3 this past semester, and 3 in class. Only take the classes which are the college requirements and electives. Trust me, you'll learn more in class, if thats what your looking for.

Green Team Landscaping
07-18-2008, 11:20 PM
They are fairly different. I dont want to start a mower argument though. The Everride is based off the stander.
Oh alright. Thanks

STIHL GUY
07-19-2008, 12:26 AM
nice mowers

Lawn Enforcer
07-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Didn't think somebody would dig this one up!

I want to do online because I would have to drive 70 miles round-trip in order to go to school while keeping the biz running.

Thanks to all!

02DURAMAX
07-20-2008, 02:47 AM

all you need to know is get the ORIGINAL Stander/.....(WRIGHT!!!)

02DURAMAX
07-20-2008, 02:48 AM
A few pics from today. This lawn was done with the 52"

I dont see any stripes ever in any of the lawns you mow.

Lawn Enforcer
07-20-2008, 05:17 PM
all you need to know is get the ORIGINAL Stander/.....(WRIGHT!!!)

Have you ever looked at/used an Everride before?

And I don't have any stripe pics with my 52" because I can't stripe any lawns here lately, it's been too dry.

02DURAMAX
07-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Have you ever looked at/used an Everride before?

And I don't have any stripe pics with my 52" because I can't stripe any lawns here lately, it's been too dry.

Yes I have I have demoed most of them Everride, Dane, And Gravely.....Was not Impressed at all...And the pics you posted of teh lawns dont look dry to me..It just cant stripe.

kreft
07-20-2008, 05:45 PM
All you need to do is put a stripeing kit on it. problem solved.

02DURAMAX
07-20-2008, 06:42 PM
All you need to do is put a stripeing kit on it. problem solved.

No problem not solved.

RedMax Man
07-20-2008, 07:23 PM
No problem not solved.

The problem is the mower. It must be done the Wright way so you get the best performance and cut results.

A-Land
07-20-2008, 07:30 PM
A striping kit is not going to make the cut any better kreft, sorry to tell you

kreft
07-20-2008, 07:42 PM
A striping kit is not going to make the cut any better kreft, sorry to tell you

:laugh::laugh:HAHA Ya think.... I was refering to Duramax when he said "It just can't stripe." Haha. Your too funny......

KCfireman
07-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Another, same lawn, same moweri like how the hydrant is smack dab right in the middle of that lawn.

02DURAMAX
07-20-2008, 08:01 PM
:laugh::laugh:HAHA Ya think.... I was refering to Duramax when he said "It just can't stripe." Haha. Your too funny......

And its becuse of how they cut.

Lawn Enforcer
07-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Ok, here is my statement. I demoed Wright and for some reason I didn't like it. It just didn't feel right to me and my dad. And my dealer support with Everride is a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10. I don't really care what anybody thinks about my mowers. I love them, they work well for me and I wouldn't trade them in for a Wright. 260 hours on my Scorpion 52" and ZERO problems, not even a tiny problem. Perfection from the day I bought it. I've worked it really hard and it hasn't complained once. My 34" FX is even more amazing, big power, clean cut, fast and responsive. I don't want to turn this thread into a "which one is better" thread. Take that childish crap elsewhere, I like my Everrides, and that's it. If you have had good luck with Wrights, great! I'm happy that they worked out for you, but I have my opinion, and it stays with Everride.

Lawn Enforcer
07-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Yes I have I have demoed most of them Everride, Dane, And Gravely.....Was not Impressed at all...And the pics you posted of teh lawns dont look dry to me..It just cant stripe.

Those pics were from early June. I was gone for 2 weeks and by the time I was back on schedule, it was dry again. I will make it lay killer stripes when it greens up, and I'll put some pics up just for you!

02DURAMAX
07-21-2008, 01:57 AM
Those pics were from early June. I was gone for 2 weeks and by the time I was back on schedule, it was dry again. I will make it lay killer stripes when it greens up, and I'll put some pics up just for you!

I'll give you fifty bucks when you post good stripe pics.

A-Land
07-21-2008, 09:05 AM
And its becuse of how they cut.

Thank's for clearing it up for Kreft Duramax..... he's a little slow sometimes :hammerhead:

Lawn Enforcer
07-21-2008, 11:39 AM
I'll give you fifty bucks when you post good stripe pics.

Ok, sounds like a plan.

KCfireman
07-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Ok, sounds like a plan.i'll give you $100 bucks for some DECENT stripes if you can produce them! I am not impressed with the stripes from Great Dane, Everide and Bad Boy!

Lawn Enforcer
07-21-2008, 11:00 PM
i'll give you $100 bucks for some DECENT stripes if you can produce them! I am not impressed with the stripes from Great Dane, Everide and Bad Boy!

Ok, sounds good-

02DURAMAX
07-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Ok, sounds good-

Most know they can't stripe.

Lawn Enforcer
07-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Most know they can't stripe.

I got a very light stripe yesterday in a shaded area at one of my accounts- I'm getting there.

RedMax Man
07-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I got a very light stripe yesterday in a shaded area at one of my accounts- I'm getting there.

Anywhere my Stander goes it leaves stripe impressions no matter how nasty or nice the lawn is.

02DURAMAX
07-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Anywhere my Stander goes it leaves stripe impressions no matter how nasty or nice the lawn is.

And I miss my Stander!!!!!:cry::cry:

KCfireman
07-23-2008, 02:00 PM
here you go enforcer. If you can make your lawns look like this i will APPROVE of Everide!

Lawn Enforcer
07-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Alrighty, I'll see what I can do for ya'll.

S man
07-23-2008, 10:10 PM
And I miss my Stander!!!!!:cry::cry:

Oh God you sound like me.:hammerhead: j/k

flattoplawncare
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
I will take you up on that $100 my stander can make mean stripes on anything!!
Hey enforcer I will take some new pics of my scorpion stripes.

Lawn Enforcer
07-24-2008, 09:57 PM
I will take you up on that $100 my stander can make mean stripes on anything!!
Hey enforcer I will take some new pics of my scorpion stripes.

Sweet, throw 'em up here so we can see how awesome your EVERRIDE stripes!

freshprince94
07-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Geez, it really is silly how much people worry about stripes. I am glad i live in Florida where no one stripes...we leave that to the MLB groundskeepers. As long as the mower leaves a good cut, that should be it.

kleankutslawn
07-25-2008, 10:35 AM
nice equipment

Lawn Enforcer
07-25-2008, 11:18 AM
nice equipment

Thanks man

farmboy1285
07-28-2008, 03:35 AM
here you go enforcer. If you can make your lawns look like this i will APPROVE of Everide!

That lawn looks incredibly familiar, oh thats right its one of mine. Looks like you took good care of my lawns while I was gone. Unless you snuck in after I mowed and took a pic of my stripes:nono::nono::laugh:. But to be fair you have a stripe kit on your deere so its not really comparing apples to apples.

farmboy1285
08-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Hey Lawn enforcer how is that scorpion 34 doin, you still pretty happy with it. Every time I step off my dane and have to go walk to cut a back yard I kind of want to cry, LOL. Just curious, have they got all the crapola from that farmhand factory cleaned up yet?

Lawn Enforcer
08-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey Lawn enforcer how is that scorpion 34 doin, you still pretty happy with it. Every time I step off my dane and have to go walk to cut a back yard I kind of want to cry, LOL. Just curious, have they got all the crapola from that farmhand factory cleaned up yet?

The 34 is incredible. ZERO complaints at all, it's fast, cuts well, and has a lot of power. $5,000 seems like a little much for a machine like this, but now I think it is completely worth it.
Actually they haven't even started cleaning up, it's still smoking. Every other day they dump water on this one corner that always seems to flare up. They had to go back 2 other times after the initial fire because it flared up again. The fire was on July 2, and it's still smoldering!

flattoplawncare
08-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Hello Guys,
Here are some new pics as promised.

flattoplawncare
08-05-2008, 05:37 PM
some more from today! with my 52 everride scorpion

DC & Sons
08-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Hellz ya those look good !!!! :cool2::cool2::cool2:

some more from today! with my 52 everride scorpion

Lawn Enforcer
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Sweet stripes man!

I'll put some pics up of my new hats I got with my logo on them, they are pretty sweet!

flattoplawncare
08-06-2008, 12:10 AM
i'll give you $100 bucks for some DECENT stripes if you can produce them! I am not impressed with the stripes from Great Dane, Everide and Bad Boy!

Hey I want my money!!!!!!

KCfireman
08-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Hey I want my money!!!!!!What the hell???? That was for lawn enforcer. NOT YOU!:nono::nono::nono:

Lawn Enforcer
08-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Hey I want my money!!!!!!

Pay up $uckers! ha ha!

Those stripes are awesome man!

SENT YOU A PM, CHECK IT!

flattoplawncare
08-06-2008, 02:17 AM
What the hell???? That was for lawn enforcer. NOT YOU!:nono::nono::nono:

Somebody was talking trash about everide's not striping!

flattoplawncare
08-07-2008, 06:50 PM
go check them out here (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=2455775#post2455775)
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=2455775#post2455775

South Florida Lawns
08-07-2008, 07:04 PM
This is a pretty good thread. I like the equipment too!

Lawn Enforcer
08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
This is a pretty good thread. I like the equipment too!

Thanks man, it's been fun to see this one progress this far without too much bashing and crap.

South Florida Lawns
11-07-2008, 12:38 AM
gonna give the Everride fx 34 a ride tomorrow. Never even seen one in person. I like the 32" stander, but $5500 thats my right and left leg there boy!

Lawn Enforcer
11-08-2008, 04:01 AM
gonna give the Everride fx 34 a ride tomorrow. Never even seen one in person. I like the 32" stander, but $5500 thats my right and left leg there boy!

I dropped just under $5K for mine, it's worth every penny!