PDA

View Full Version : 7 yards mulch for 455 installed??? good or bad

andyslawncare
04-19-2008, 10:42 AM
I quoted a client 7 yards cypress mulch for $455 shes says, "its a bit much." $65/yard. too much or just right?

SDNCLAWNCARE
04-19-2008, 05:00 PM
I think its a little low honestly. Just depends on how much you need the work.

1wezil
04-19-2008, 05:14 PM
i think that is a little low for cypress maybe around 80.00 a yard but it depends what your cost is ?

Woody82986
04-19-2008, 05:18 PM
I'd say, "She's a bit ******ed." Cypress mulch isn't cheap. I never use it, but when i walk by it, the price tag looks big.

Rottman
04-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Unfortuantly most people feel we overcharge on everything we do you know, gosh all you have to do is go get the mulch and throw it down.
How much are you paying for the mulch? If it's more than $26.00 a yard then I would say you are low? Everyone's area is different though and you need to find out what others in your area is charging for this service, so you can price it accordingly to your customers.
The other issues would be where you are going with it, drive time, ware and tear on your vehicle, equipment and how assessable is the customer's beds where you will be putting it down at. Everthing has to be thought of, time is money. Only you know how much PROFIT you will make on the job after all of YOUR expenses. Good luck!!!

andyslawncare
04-20-2008, 01:03 AM
this job will take a crew of 2 around 2 hours to do. I buy for $29 a yard..$252-labor and fuel=profit. its about a 5 minute drive from the supply shop to the house and weelbarow loads from street to front of house.

j05h22
04-20-2008, 02:31 AM
Ok I'm brand new to this but when you say "7 yards" is that 7 square yards or 7 linear yards? Sorry for the newbie question but i'm interested.

Mr. Vern
04-20-2008, 02:38 AM
Ok I'm brand new to this but when you say "7 yards" is that 7 square yards or 7 linear yards? Sorry for the newbie question but i'm interested.

A yard is a cubic yard, 3'x3'x3', there are 27 cubic feet per cubic yard.

As for your price, I think it looks good if you are sure you figured your labor correctly. Your labor hours fall within our standards for that job, so i would be comfortable with the bid. Mulch is more expensive here, so we would charge a little more. Make sure you are getting some markup on your mulch though. Our rule is if it runs through our books it automatically gets at least 20% markup!