PDA

View Full Version : Largest Landscape Project Yet...

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Today we completed this job. Spring cleanup including tine rake dethatching, Bed/ hard surface edging and prep work and bark mulching. My buddy did the mulching blowing in 1.5 hours with 3 helpers. Used almost 13 yards of natural hemlock bark mulch. Thanks to Mystic Landscape, All-Pro Landscaping (LawnSite members) and their buddy Eric for the help on the job before the mulch installation.

I did 2 hours of cleanup work yesterday with my 2 helpers to get a head start. The rest was all completed today.

I must have deleted my Before pics because i can't find them.:confused:

Questions? comments? anything welcome!:)

F3Nelson
04-19-2008, 10:07 PM
uhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

all I see is a big bandit sign?

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 10:08 PM
We had 4 RedMax Backpacks runnin at full throttle:weightlifter:

I'm the guy taken the pics so you can't see me with the 4th blower:laugh:
8001, 8001, 8000, 7001.

KS_Grasscutter
04-19-2008, 10:11 PM
How much did the signs cost? I need to get some of those...

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Before mulch and finish work...

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 10:21 PM
The International and Finn.

"Most productive bark mulch installation apparatus"

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Mulch Blowing

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 10:36 PM
After.........

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 10:43 PM
After....................................

Guzman Properties
04-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Very nice work!!!

CALandscapes
04-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Looks good..

I'm not a big fan of the dyed mulch, but at least the stuff you used isn't that BRIGHT red...

I have a lot of family up there right by you, in Chelmsford and Dracut..

I love it up there.

Have a good season! :usflag:

P.Services
04-19-2008, 10:49 PM
is that your mulch blower? how do you like it? im thinking about getting a used one.

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Pool area...

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Before / After

Travis E
04-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Very nice work! Wish I could do jobs like that!

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 11:00 PM
"Tools of the trade"

RedMax Man
04-19-2008, 11:12 PM
How much did the signs cost? I need to get some of those...

I got 5 for $30 a piece. I just placed an order for 12 more that will cost $27 a piece. Got them from Sign-A-Rama.
Very nice work!!!
Thanks!
Looks good..

I'm not a big fan of the dyed mulch, but at least the stuff you used isn't that BRIGHT red...

I have a lot of family up there right by you, in Chelmsford and Dracut..

I love it up there.

Have a good season! :usflag:

This is not dyed mulch. All natural hemlock.

Yes i do alot of work in Dracut. Thanks for the compliments.
is that your mulch blower? how do you like it? im thinking about getting a used one.
No its the other landscaper's which is a buddy of mine. Just purchased it this year. $50K!

Some guys run rocks and junk through them so just be carefull about what you buy that its not wornout and abused.
Very nice work! Wish I could do jobs like that!
Thanks

Just gotta work your way up. I'm still learning and am only 18 so i got a long ways to got before i can consider myself being a seasoned professional.

HOPE THIS EDGING IS PROPERLY DONE:laugh::laugh:

Used a Little Wonder power edger then cleaned it out with a spade edger.

JosephLawnCare
04-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I like your work and all, but why are you subing out for a mulch blower thats only a 13 yard job?

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
04-20-2008, 12:09 AM

8001, 8001, 8000, 7001.

Hey I'm 15 and have been doing a lot of leaf clean-ups and I know this may sound stupid but I was wondering how you get the beds so clear, I always have trouble getting all the leaves out of bushes and things. Usually I have to take a rake and get them out. (FYI I have a BR 550) Are there any tricks or tips for this?

Thanks
Ryan

:)

ALarsh
04-20-2008, 01:22 AM
I like your work and all, but why are you subing out for a mulch blower thats only a 13 yard job?

Thats kinda what I was wondering. But anyways it looks good.

Utility Dave
04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Nice job I like that big truck with the mulch blower:drinkup:

MysticLandscape
04-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey I'm 15 and have been doing a lot of leaf clean-ups and I know this may sound stupid but I was wondering how you get the beds so clear, I always have trouble getting all the leaves out of bushes and things. Usually I have to take a rake and get them out. (FYI I have a BR 550) Are there any tricks or tips for this?

Thanks
Ryan

Fast Motions differernt angles and so many blowers that you blow away everything in site..

RedMax Man
04-20-2008, 09:41 AM

It costs less than hiring labor and doing it by hand with a wheel barrow. Also uses much less mluch with laying an even layer throughout the beds. As you can see these beds have alot of plantings and such so it would take along time to do it all and make it look nice. I didn't want to be there another day just laying mulch and i still turned a profit of the mulch. It was a good property to try it out and see what it can do. He's done almost 30 yards in about 3 hours before.

Thanks
Ryan

These leaves wer pretty dry so they weren't all "matted" down. The blowers are very powerful so we just beat the leaves till the move. Some mulch does get blown out too but I clean it up. In the pool there was alot of leaves. Not much had been cleaned up in the fall. You just have to blow hard from all directions for a while to get them all out.
Nice job I like that big truck with the mulch blower:drinkup:

Yeah thats an expensive rig but it works everyday nonstop and i'm sure has paid for itself manytimes over.

Clapper&Company
04-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Looks good guys

Utility Dave
04-20-2008, 10:17 AM
2 questions

1.What size fisher plow does that big truck have???

2.I am going to be doing some spring cleanup and when I do I am going to dethatch and I am wondering is this blower going to be able to blow the thatch??http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07179474000P?vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cName=Handheld+Power&sName=Blowers or this one??http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07179473000P?vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cName=Handheld+Power&sName=Blowers

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
04-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Sounds good guys, thanks!

Ryan :)

A-Land
04-20-2008, 10:37 AM
2 questions

2.I am going to be doing some spring cleanup and when I do I am going to dethatch and I am wondering is this blower going to be able to blow the thatch??http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07179474000P?vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cName=Handheld+Power&sName=Blowers or this one??http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07179473000P?vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cName=Handheld+Power&sName=Blowers

uhh no......... sears? are you kidding?

MysticLandscape
04-20-2008, 11:01 AM
2 questions

If you are gunna waste your money on that just mail me a check.....

Utility Dave
04-20-2008, 12:06 PM
guys i am 12 its the only thig i can aford

pclawncare
04-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Nice work redmax man but with all those pics did you do any work? Just givin you a hard time man. I cant blame you for subbing out the mulch. I believe the saying goes work smarter not harder.

oakhillslandscaping
04-20-2008, 12:35 PM
nice work guys, love that blower and truck

02DURAMAX
04-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Looks Much Better!!..Grat Job!

LawnBoy89
04-20-2008, 02:45 PM
I don't know how much it cost for the mulch blowing but for 13 yards around here paying around $35 a yard I would have probably charged $80 including spreading pay one guy for the day costing you at most $80-$90 total is $1040 minus paying your employee and materials you make almost $500.

S man
04-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Nice work! I want to start doing jobs like that. I'm mostly just doing regular lawn maintenence and am very busy with just that!

M&MLawn
04-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Im in your area (kinda) and wondering what you were paying for the mulch blowing.

Thanks!

Surf'n'Turf
04-20-2008, 07:13 PM
looks fine, but kinda defeats the purpose of efficiency when they are loading the blower by hand with pitchforks and shovels

Utility Dave
04-20-2008, 07:47 PM
What about this remember i am 12 and i amhttp://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100599815&N=10000003+90401 going to blow thatch and leaves

DK lawn care
04-20-2008, 07:49 PM
That mulcher is sick! I wonder how much somthn like that would cost?

RedMax Man
04-20-2008, 08:12 PM
2 questions

It only has a 9ft. which is kinda surprising for that size truck put thats what it has.

Sorry kid those links cracked me up. Try to find someone you can borrow or rent a backpack blower from. Or look in Uncle Henry's for a used one.
Nice work redmax man but with all those pics did you do any work? Just givin you a hard time man. I cant blame you for subbing out the mulch. I believe the saying goes work smarter not harder.
Yeah i worked. just took the pics when i was done. It was worth subbing out the mulch IMO.
nice work guys, love that blower and truck
If you need a job done just let me know and i can put you intouch with him.
I don't know how much it cost for the mulch blowing but for 13 yards around here paying around $35 a yard I would have probably charged $80 including spreading pay one guy for the day costing you at most $80-$90 total is $1040 minus paying your employee and materials you make almost $500.

If this whole job was to be done by hand it would use around 20 yards. The blower is much more efficient and uses far less per square foot. It would be along day and cost far more to pay labor to spread all that mulch and do a quality job. In the end i may not get any of the work if the customer can't pay for the most important visual aspect, the bark mulch. Doing it this way I made a profit off the mulch and did all the other work, finished in a day and don't have to go back another day to mulch. So i can move on to the next job.
Nice work! I want to start doing jobs like that. I'm mostly just doing regular lawn maintenence and am very busy with just that!
These jobs can be enjoyable and profitable but you gotta work hard at it.

Im in your area (kinda) and wondering what you were paying for the mulch blowing.

Thanks!
$60 - $65 per yard.
looks fine, but kinda defeats the purpose of efficiency when they are loading the blower by hand with pitchforks and shovels
There is a hopper right there... how else do you move it. Its easier doing that than being the guy at the end of the tube spraying the mulch. Problem is no matter how you do bark mulching you gotta move the mulch some way.

That mulcher is sick! I wonder how much somthn like that would cost?

Approx. $50,000

J&R Landscaping
04-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Nice pictures. You got a good deal on subbing out that blower. I couldn't touch one for close to double.

Utility Dave
04-20-2008, 08:57 PM
:drinkup:hey redmax were are you from just wondering because you said uncle henrys
i am from maine

RedMax Man
04-20-2008, 09:02 PM
:drinkup:hey redmax were are you from just wondering because you said uncle henrys
i am from maine

I'm in Massachusetts but have alot of relatives in Maine and know thats what you guys have up there. We have it too but The Want Ad is more popular around here.

Surf'n'Turf
04-20-2008, 09:37 PM
so the guy pays 50k for a blower only to have 2 guys load it by hand instead of using a fel? wheres the efficiency in that?

blm86
04-20-2008, 10:07 PM
project turned out good

THRIFTY
04-20-2008, 10:33 PM
So the people who you buy mulch from let you use that mulch shooter thingy? I have never seen such a thing?!?! How did you like using it? Everything looks great by the way!

syzer
04-20-2008, 10:35 PM
There is a hopper right there... how else do you move it. Its easier doing that than being the guy at the end of the tube spraying the mulch. Problem is no matter how you do bark mulching you gotta move the mulch some way.

I agree, I dont see why anyone would choose this model bark blower, I guess if you can only afford this model, it still beats doing it by hand.

And trust me, its definitely NOT easier doing the forking then being the guy on the end of the hose!

RedMax Man
04-20-2008, 10:57 PM
so the guy pays 50k for a blower only to have 2 guys load it by hand instead of using a fel? wheres the efficiency in that?
What is a fel? I don't understand your question.
project turned out good
Thanks
So the people who you buy mulch from let you use that mulch shooter thingy? I have never seen such a thing?!?! How did you like using it? Everything looks great by the way!
Another landscaper did the mulch. It worked very well and extremely fast.
I agree, I dont see why anyone would choose this model bark blower, I guess if you can only afford this model, it still beats doing it by hand.

And trust me, its definitely NOT easier doing the forking then being the guy on the end of the hose!

What are the other models like? These are the only ones ive seen used around my area and ive seen several.

They had a kid loading the hopper and the boss on the tube. Very stressful and rigorous holding and controlling the tube and mulch. See the sweet shirt on his back to prevent it from getting sore. He has to always have a guy behind him holding the tube and slack so its not all laying on the operators back or getting twisted. You dont even have to work very fast or hard to load the hopper.

fiveoboy01
04-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Nice job... I see you have a different truck than you had last year? Did you keep the old one or give it the boot?

syzer
04-20-2008, 11:23 PM
What are the other models like? These are the only ones ive seen used around my area and ive seen several.

They had a kid loading the hopper and the boss on the tube. Very stressful and rigorous holding and controlling the tube and mulch. See the sweet shirt on his back to prevent it from getting sore. He has to always have a guy behind him holding the tube and slack so its not all laying on the operators back or getting twisted. You dont even have to work very fast or hard to load the hopper.

There is the 705, 1208, 1216, 1222, 1240 etc. Carrying 7 yards, 8, 16, 22, etc. They are all loaded with skid steers. We run the 1216 on an international 4900. We can load ours with about 20 yards when heaped up. We can run the truck literally with one person all day and put about 20 yards in 1.25-3 hours depending on if they are large beds, little beds, spaced close, or far, hills, or not, etc.

Its def smart to have a towel on your shoulder the hose can kick your butt, and its much easier to have a second guy on the hose. When there is a 2nd guy, its not hard work at all on the nozzle. However if you are shoveling 80 yards of mulch into that hopper, but the end of the day, you will be dead!

The guys who have the 308 here also use skids to load it, unless they are running small jobs.

pclawncare
04-21-2008, 12:28 AM
I would say something about this not looking efficient but look at the pics of the bark blower and the truck thats some serious money obviously he is doing something right somewhere

Marek
04-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Pulling and dragging that hose will kick your butt by the end of the day. Its still a 2 man operation if you have to use any amount of hose. We loaded ours with a skid on larger jobs. They are nice machines, but very expensive to maintain. They are great on bigger beds but tree rings arent worth fooling with. Someone who has some time on the machine can make good time, but someone new will make more of a mess than its worth. We ran into alot of dust problems for a while. Awsome machine for top dressing. Syzer if you can get into some of the jobs in AA county, your machine can pay for its self quickly.They wont release a grading bond until there is 85-90 percent coverage.

RedMax Man
04-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Nice job... I see you have a different truck than you had last year? Did you keep the old one or give it the boot?
No its the same old truck. Just updated the front end over the winter. Thanks!

There is the 705, 1208, 1216, 1222, 1240 etc. Carrying 7 yards, 8, 16, 22, etc. They are all loaded with skid steers. We run the 1216 on an international 4900. We can load ours with about 20 yards when heaped up. We can run the truck literally with one person all day and put about 20 yards in 1.25-3 hours depending on if they are large beds, little beds, spaced close, or far, hills, or not, etc.

Its def smart to have a towel on your shoulder the hose can kick your butt, and its much easier to have a second guy on the hose. When there is a 2nd guy, its not hard work at all on the nozzle. However if you are shoveling 80 yards of mulch into that hopper, but the end of the day, you will be dead!

The guys who have the 308 here also use skids to load it, unless they are running small jobs.
Yes he has a CAT skidsteer that he brings to the larger jobs. He's still kinda young in his late 20's so he's working his way up. First season with the blower.
I would say something about this not looking efficient but look at the pics of the bark blower and the truck thats some serious money obviously he is doing something right somewhere
I think he's doing ok and he has alot of other equipment including a Hydroseeder, 20' Haulmark enc. trailer, 2 walkers, CAT skidsteer, 2005 F-350 diesel, handtools firewood equipment, plows... the list goes on.
Pulling and dragging that hose will kick your butt by the end of the day. Its still a 2 man operation if you have to use any amount of hose. We loaded ours with a skid on larger jobs. They are nice machines, but very expensive to maintain. They are great on bigger beds but tree rings arent worth fooling with. Someone who has some time on the machine can make good time, but someone new will make more of a mess than its worth. We ran into alot of dust problems for a while. Awsome machine for top dressing. Syzer if you can get into some of the jobs in AA county, your machine can pay for its self quickly.They wont release a grading bond until there is 85-90 percent coverage.

Yeah they did the 5 trees with a wheel barrow. Even this rig saves alot of time its still rigorous work.

M&MLawn
04-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Got contact info for the mulch blower company? I want to see if they are interested in a job up here if it works out.

Thanks

RedMax Man
04-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Got contact info for the mulch blower company? I want to see if they are interested in a job up here if it works out.

Thanks

Sent you PM with info.

Lawn Enforcer
04-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Wow! Absolutely wow! You sure have proven yourself in the landscape business, from jobs you posted last year to this one, keep it up! Good luck to you this year!

RedMax Man
04-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Wow! Absolutely wow! You sure have proven yourself in the landscape business, from jobs you posted last year to this one, keep it up! Good luck to you this year!
Thanks for the compliments and support. Same to you!

O'BrienLawn&Landscape
04-21-2008, 11:39 PM
How much does a mulch blower like that cost? Excellent work by the way

RedMax Man
04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
How much does a mulch blower like that cost? Excellent work by the way

About $50,000.

Thanks I tried.

deere615
04-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Wow thats awesome. You do great work. Alot of my mulch/cleanup jobs around here are much smaller, by the way your new trailer looks nice!

TomberLawn
04-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Trudeau, great looking job. I didn't realize you are only 18 and doing work like that and with some great equipment. I want to get into mulch/material blowing in the Charlotte area in a few years.

Utility Dave, those blowers will only make you want more. Try to borrow a good blower from somebody and do a couple of jobs, then go get the biggest backpack you can get. If you're going to do a lot of cleanups, get a huge blower, like an Echo PB-755, Stihl BR550 or 600, or RedMax 8000. If you're only going to do a few cleanups, a smaller backpack will do, but more power is almost always better. Look on www.craigslist.org for a starter blower for cheap if you need to. I wouldn't sink $130 in a blower that doesn't have much power and that won't last a long time. I'm not sure how close Norway, Maine, is to Bangor, but somebody has a 5hp Billy Goat blower for sale on craigslist for $200. This would be a monster for cleanups. http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/647056624.html You might not need something that big, but check around garage sales and pawn shops for bigger blowers.

AndyTblc
04-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Nice work. I like the truck with the new front end. But that box in the back is just not looking good. I know you need it, but it's making the truck look like is has the flu. I don't mean to knock your truck or anything, but I'm just saying.

FTGUprprtyMaint
04-23-2008, 10:51 PM
damn good job guys keep up the good work

RedMax Man
04-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Wow thats awesome. You do great work. Alot of my mulch/cleanup jobs around here are much smaller, by the way your new trailer looks nice!
The new trailer is great and nice to have more space.
Nice work. I like the truck with the new front end. But that box in the back is just not looking good. I know you need it, but it's making the truck look like is has the flu. I don't mean to knock your truck or anything, but I'm just saying.
Thanks, Are you talking about the dump insert in the truck bed?

damn good job guys keep up the good work

Always tryin to improve and do better than the past.

New Heights
04-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Your work looks verry good...But I would consider some PPE, safety glasses and headphones.

RedMax Man
04-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Your work looks verry good...But I would consider some PPE, safety glasses and headphones.

I was waiting for someone to point that out. If I was in the pics then you would clearly understand that safety matters to me but those guys just came to help for the day and refused to wear any.

MysticLandscape
04-28-2008, 09:16 AM
I had my headphones but they ran outta batteries and I dont need saftey glasses for running a blower, it was like 80 an the sweat just gets on my glasses an pisses me off. He ran the edger an we stayed away from that thing..

RedMax Man
04-28-2008, 01:05 PM
I had my headphones but they ran outta batteries and I dont need saftey glasses for running a blower, it was like 80 an the sweat just gets on my glasses an pisses me off. He ran the edger an we stayed away from that thing..

Those battaries aren't dead yet, LOL;). Thats right i was doing all the dangerous work like mowing and power edging.

fiveoboy01
04-28-2008, 01:55 PM
MAKE them wear safety equipment.

If something happens, "but they refused to wear it!" will not cut it.

Either they wear the safety gear or they don't get any $. Period.

MysticLandscape
04-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Nobodies gunna MAKE me do anything when I was doing him a favor, how many guys wear saftey glasses edging with a shovel and cleaning it up? If you do then good for you but I have glasses I just CHOOSE not to wear them its my own chance an I am sure not everyone here wears them 24/7 so thank youu

Landscape89
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Looks Great RedmaxMan, Keep up the Good Work! :clapping:

New Heights
04-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Nobodies gunna MAKE me do anything when I was doing him a favor, how many guys wear saftey glasses edging with a shovel and cleaning it up? If you do then good for you but I have glasses I just CHOOSE not to wear them its my own chance an I am sure not everyone here wears them 24/7 so thank youu

Rember, safety is no accident.

DixieFerris
04-28-2008, 04:16 PM
The kid with his shirt off ruins a bit of your efforts to look professional, don't let that happen on site and get rid of the tough guy cut off t-shirts. If you are truly that tough, you can make a living on the Ultimate Fighting circuit. Get everyone in the same uniform too. Your work is very good, but image is everything

A-Land
04-28-2008, 04:23 PM
The kid with his shirt off ruins a bit of your efforts to look professional, don't let that happen on site and get rid of the tough guy cut off t-shirts. If you are truly that tough, you can make a living on the Ultimate Fighting circuit. Get everyone in the same uniform too. Your work is very good, but image is everything

I think in 80 degree weather like they have said, you ought to give him a break. And with the plethora of pictures RedMax Man has posted, I don't see him as hurting for business.

RedMax Man
04-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Looks Great RedmaxMan, Keep up the Good Work! :clapping:
I will try. Thanks!
Rember, safety is no accident.
Thats Right.
That was my buddies guy and he only had it off for 15 min. I didn't have any of my guys on this job. These were buddies or the other contractor's helpers.
I think in 80 degree weather like they have said, you ought to give him a break. And with the plethora of pictures RedMax Man has posted, I don't see him as hurting for business.

LOL I knew those 3 guys would get some safety criticism.:laugh:

MysticLandscape
04-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Aright next time I go to work I will wear a suit, tie, helmet, shoulder pads, knee pads, glasses ,steel toe boots, a chest protector, and a sweatshirt over it all, does that cover everything?

RedMax Man
04-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Aright next time I go to work I will wear a suit, tie, helmet, shoulder pads, knee pads, glasses ,steel toe boots, a chest protector, and a sweatshirt over it all, does that cover everything?

I always wear a condom so i'd reccomend that too...

AndyTblc
04-28-2008, 09:27 PM

I think you are missing a very important piece of equipment. Some people refer to them as "athletic supporters" if you know what I mean, but yeah that should do it. Very pro looking.:hammerhead:

ALL-PRO LANDSCAPE CO.
04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Working for free I ought to wear a strap on black dildo to mix it up a bit. I think it might be the same one shoved up "Erics" ass since he came home from school this past weekend. **** you dixie man

MysticLandscape
04-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Alright ill throw a cup on, and a bullet proof vest and body armor cause well all know how the bullets fly up in lowell, dont wanna get hit by one of them...

RedMax Man
04-28-2008, 09:31 PM
The end result is what matters and will prove who we are.

RedMax Man
04-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Alright ill throw a cup on, and a bullet proof vest and body armor cause well all know how the bullets fly up in lowell, dont wanna get hit by one of them...

We weren't in Lowell. We were to far away from the asians and scum in the gettos.

AndyTblc
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Just to play it safe, I'd either work in a bubble, or just stay home and live a hermit life
The end result is what matters and will prove who we are.

I think today I was very professional looking, maybe a little to nice, I had a gray T-Shirt, and dark tan pants kaky or how ever you spell it. They got dirty, but they will do. But tommarow is a jeans and a blue t-shirt day just to do grass.

MysticLandscape
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
We weren't in Lowell. We were to far away from the asians and scum in the gettos.

Never know bullets can travel far an im sure eric was packin that day anyway, he might been aimin for bryan or you an hit me... :dizzy:

AndyTblc
04-28-2008, 09:44 PM
wow some work environment, I think it's of the best interest of your safety to just retire. And just be done with it, I have a retire at 30 plan going.

RedMax Man
04-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Wizzkid - I read your posts over and over and still don't understand what you are trying to say:dizzy::confused:

MysticLandscape
04-28-2008, 09:52 PM
When you work with us, if you don't get hit by a rock or whatever is out to get us accordin to some people, you will just get beat up by a different crew member.. thats just how is down here in peabody. Us peabody guys are notorious throughout the country...

RedMax Man
04-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Its Survival of the Fittest... Its the way things work in that environment.

Rhizomatous
04-28-2008, 09:58 PM
yea i was packin....not for you guys tho...just in case one of those crazy leaves might of come and tried to steal my eyeball since i wasnt wearing glasses. You gotta look out for wild men without shirts too, what is this world coming to? Just some vigilante justice will do i guess. God forbid someone is normal and gets hot in 80 degree weather. Next time we work at the White House ill make sure i wear my friend's chanel glasses and look like im posing for next months issue of rockstar instead of doing a spring cleanup. It is my choice to wear safety gear or not...we are obviously not idiots but im sure that you guys can give me some crazy statistics your so busy researching and yell at me

MysticLandscape
04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Its Survival of the Fittest... Its the way things work in that environment.

I never showed you the turrret mounted on the walker huh?

Rhizomatous
04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
nah i think it was broken...but i like the one bryan mounted on joe guat...lil shoulder mounted rifle action

RedMax Man
04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
The Pool area was cleaned in record time. Full throttle till every last leaf was gone. Neighbors are jealous now... all that noise, dirt and sweat was worth it.

AndyTblc
04-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Wizzkid - I read your posts over and over and still don't understand what you are trying to say:dizzy::confused:

Sorry I didn't have my Mt. Dew and Fudge Bar for the night so I was a little :dizzy:

MysticLandscape
04-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Dam I see alot of problems with those pictures. First off the EPA will be down there cause the blowers are too loud. We are wayyyy too close together we might burn each other with the mufflers so we are gunna have to add fire proof suits to our wardrobs. Some tree hugger is gunna be down there with the EPA saying we hurt that poor lil pine tree an that our blowers won't pass emmisions....

AndyTblc
04-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Oh lets not get into the addition to global warming.

RedMax Man
04-28-2008, 10:31 PM
I remember tellin you boys so many times to tuck in your shirts and don't step in the mulch beds. You guys have no respect! That geek with the gloves on had that cocky smirk on his face the whole time he was working. Too bad you had to look and act so disgraceful and unsafe while working at this estate.

Landscape89
04-28-2008, 10:35 PM
RedmaxMan, are those all your Redmax's?
The EBZ8001's I think?
My Redmax EB7001 is going on 4 years old and Im looking to upgrade.
My buddy got his EBZ7001 last year and the thing is a Beast.
How's the 'BZ 8001 Hold up to the 7001??

RedMax Man
04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
nah i think it was broken...but i like the one bryan mounted on joe guat...lil shoulder mounted rifle action
Those guats fight like animals right... competing with eachother?

MysticLandscape
04-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Mines the champ

tglasslawncare
04-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Looks good. What do you use to edge the beds? Thanks

RedMax Man
04-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Looks good. What do you use to edge the beds? Thanks

Little Wonder 3 wheel walk behind edger. Cleaned up with a spade edge after.

Green Team Landscaping
06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
can you just rent those finn things? and it looks like you got a little bit of help from the competition

RedMax Man
06-22-2008, 11:00 PM
can you just rent those finn things? and it looks like you got a little bit of help from the competition

Ahh you probably can rent them somewhere but its easier to sub it out to a contractor that owns one and is already experienced with it and you can still make money after pay someone else to do it. Thats what i did. Yup, thats good competition.

born2farm
06-23-2008, 09:04 PM
wow you do some great work. i have to say i kinda look up to you and hope that i can be up to your level of work in 2 years

RedMax Man
06-24-2008, 04:33 PM
wow you do some great work. i have to say i kinda look up to you and hope that i can be up to your level of work in 2 years

Haha, just hang in there u can get there eventually. Thanks.

South Florida Lawns
10-20-2008, 01:46 PM
hey you guys need to wear respirators when working in dusty conditions. Maybe a fire ******ant suit to, you never know when a meteor might strike up there in MA. Down here we wear UV protective suits and 5 gallons of sunscreen SPF1000.

RedMax Man
10-20-2008, 08:28 PM
hey you guys need to wear respirators when working in dusty conditions. Maybe a fire ******ant suit to, you never know when a meteor might strike up there in MA. Down here we wear UV protective suits and 5 gallons of sunscreen SPF1000.

Kinda late for that advice but maybe next time. One of those guys was working with me today as well as several other guys on a job thats larger than the one feature in this thread so its no longer the largest landscape project.

Kglenn04
10-20-2008, 08:53 PM
wish I had one of those when I moved 10yds of mulch by my self wow no thats work

R & R Yard Designs
10-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Ten yard is not that much, is it does hurt but you can get it done. we used one of one of my condos, and it was 170 yard of prem. and it was a dream. done in two and a half days start to finsh. But that was with hand edgeing over 1.5 miles of bed edges, cause it poured the day before so we couldnd use the bed edger. Thats what's will kill you for a week.

DFLS
10-21-2008, 07:46 AM

8001, 8001, 8000, 7001.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106553&stc=1&d=1208656987

Your guys will soon be saying "what did you say" all the time if you do not get them some hearing protection ! And if you want to keep reading posts on lawnsite you will get some glasses too!

DFLS
10-21-2008, 07:55 AM
The International and Finn.

"Most productive bark mulch installation apparatus"

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106562&stc=1&d=1208657883
This job sucks! Can you say sore back? And a fall off the tailgait waiting to happen.
I like the mulch trucks with a hopper and an auger that self feed better.

RedMax Man
10-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Your guys will soon be saying "what did you say" all the time if you do not get them some hearing protection ! And if you want to keep reading posts on lawnsite you will get some glasses too!
First off they offerd to help. They aren't my employees. They had ear protecting and didn't choose to wear it when i was taking those pics. I know for a fact the do where ear protecting often but not everysingle time they are within hearing distance of something that makes a noise.

My eye sight is fine.

This job sucks! Can you say sore back? And a fall off the tailgait waiting to happen.
I like the mulch trucks with a hopper and an auger that self feed better.

So is every job supposed to be easy and not require any effort? That guy was not stuck doing that the whole time nonstop by himself. He's smart enough and has been taught how to do the job and concept of gravity...

DFLS
10-22-2008, 01:11 AM
First off they offerd to help. They aren't my employees. They had ear protecting and didn't choose to wear it when i was taking those pics. I know for a fact the do where ear protecting often but not everysingle time they are within hearing distance of something that makes a noise.

Sorry I can't hear you speak up. If you pay them at all then you are liable. Do they all own their own blowers or are the blowers yours? Please tell me that you insist on hearing and eye protection for your employees.

My eye sight is fine.

Until a little rock shoots into your pupil.

So is every job supposed to be easy and not require any effort? That guy was not stuck doing that the whole time nonstop by himself. He's smart enough and has been taught how to do the job and concept of gravity...

Still, accidents happen. Even the best slip and fall off tailgates sometimes.

I am not bashing you just trying to help you and your friends keep your vision, hearing, and ankles intact.

MysticLandscape
10-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Sorry I can't hear you speak up. If you pay them at all then you are liable. Do they all own their own blowers or are the blowers yours? Please tell me that you insist on hearing and eye protection for your employees.

I am not bashing you just trying to help you and your friends keep your vision, hearing, and ankles intact.

Are you from osha? God forbid I don't wear my work tunes for 5 minutes, im either gunna go deaf from the blowers or from the music blasting in my ear all the time.... We already had this arugement back in the thread so go read about it.

RedMax Man
10-22-2008, 03:28 PM

I paid one of the guys. and the other 2 we traded labor on eachothers jobs. Not all the blowers were mine.

albhb3
10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I want one of those

Grassbustin
10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Are you from osha? God forbid I don't wear my work tunes for 5 minutes, im either gunna go deaf from the blowers or from the music blasting in my ear all the time.... We already had this arugement back in the thread so go read about it.

He said in his last post he was only looking out for you and your guys' safety, so be nice and appreciate that someone actually cares enough to say something .

STIHL GUY
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
that looks 100 percent better

RedMax Man
10-28-2008, 11:02 PM
that looks 100 percent better

Thanks man. Gona be doing the Fall Cleanup there soon.

Kennedy Landscaping
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
That is top knotch work Micah. Good luck this season.