PDA

View Full Version : Moving Tree

BCNU
04-20-2008, 11:45 AM
I have a lady that wants me to move a 6ft corkscrew willow tree from the home she owns now to one that she is purchasing. Are there any tips I should use to do this such as any chemicals for stress or anything. Thanks in advance for any information!

shovelracer
04-20-2008, 10:16 PM
She better tell the buyer cause if she doesnt she will have to pay for it. I had a client last year that wanted to do the same thing for all her newly planted shrubs. Her thought was to plant to sell than take them with her. I declined since it would have been a 4 day headache to dig em, load em, travel, and replant them. the money spent would have more than replaced the plants in my case.

BrandonV
04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
caliper? usually shoot for 10" Ball for 1" caliper... but w/ those they are quite finicky and will dry out quickly so bigger is better. Probably cheaper to buy her a new one.

BCNU
04-20-2008, 11:48 PM
She better tell the buyer cause if she doesnt she will have to pay for it. I had a client last year that wanted to do the same thing for all her newly planted shrubs. Her thought was to plant to sell than take them with her. I declined since it would have been a 4 day headache to dig em, load em, travel, and replant them. the money spent would have more than replaced the plants in my case.

Yes she has it in the contract on selling the home.