PDA

View Full Version : Ants and Moles

wiseguyslawn
04-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I have had customers asking to control these and I'm aware of the poison worms, but heard trapping is the best way. What about ant hills?

mngrassguy
04-21-2008, 12:27 AM
granular "Sevin" works great on ant mounds

garydale
04-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Talprid system is better than trapping. Orthene works well on ants.IMO

Hoots
04-21-2008, 10:43 PM
You might look into CeaseFire produced by Bayer (Chipco product). I did not see anything on the label stating you could not use it in all states. Top Choice is limited to a few states because it works. lol

Go to this website http://www.cdms.net/LabelsMsds/LMDefault.aspx
Lots of labels to look through and print off MSDS/quick reference for your records.

A Lesco product that I think is for residential use is CrossCheck(I don't use it but have heard the name thrown around for Fire Ants)

For the moles, I think you need to talk to animal control or get a licensed animal control company for that. Pesticide licenses like we have (Ornamental) don't cover varmint eradication. I had some issues with a raccoon and this was the general consensus. Probably a good place to start.

Hope this helps.

Hissing Cobra
04-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Talpirid is the most popular choice in my area for control of Moles. It works very well.

For the ants, you can use any general use insecticide that's labeled for them. Lesco's Crosscheck PL or Crosscheck EZ are very popular and are the equivalent to Talstar PL or Talstar EZ. If the ants are in a lawn, you can even use a Fertilizer + Talstar. Either way, they should be effective on the ants.