PDA

View Full Version : HELP GPS? , calibration question spray

humble1
04-20-2008, 09:32 PM
So I set up my lesco truckster on the front of my ZTR , mounted my PG nozzles, 25 gallon tank and pump, works the balls.

1)My GPS for ground speed seems to jump from 2.8-3.2mph when there is no increase or decrease in my actual speed do you run into this? Im calibrating at 3mph truckster is for 3 mph.

2) seeing there is essentially up to a 10% increase in time or decrease I would be putting down product either 10% too much or 10% less will that be a problem with an already hot mix 30 oz per K

3) I seem to be covering a 14' wide path and at 30psi when it is wide open a small amount of mist in the wind could be seen but could not feel it could this be trouble, what are your psi on a pg when working.

Thanks

RigglePLC
04-20-2008, 09:48 PM
One mile per hour is 88 feet per second. Drive for one minute, then use a measuring wheel to double check your speed.
Don't worry about the "hot" mix--just make sure you are applying the proper amount per acre.
The Permagreen is supposedly set to 10 lbs pressure max. If you aim the nozzles back -in theory this will reduce drift, something about the aerodynamics of it. Can we see some pictures--and more details?