PDA

View Full Version : Grass in mulch beds

smoothbore2004
04-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey guys not really a landscaper but I am responsible for taking care of mulch/flower beds. This spring I was at one of my stops doing the spring cleaning and I could not believe how much grass and I mean well developed grass that was growing in the mulch and all through the flowers. It took me over an hour to pull as much as I could out. Now I know I am gonna be fighting this all summer and not to mention the weeds. I did put down a product called Snapshot by lesco. Hope this will control any weeds that have not popped up yet. But I dont think it works on grass. What do you suggest to use to stop it and not hurt any of the flowers or shrubs? What do you suggest I can use to get rid of any other grass that I might have missed.

Frue
04-20-2008, 09:26 PM
good luck I would try round up if you can then. Keep pulling a way

BrandonV
04-20-2008, 09:43 PM
did you water in the snapshot? also check the label but I think snapshot ain't the best thing for annuals, and also get them to bag their clipping or at least make a few passes around your beds w/ them blowing clipping away instead of into.

Trenchblade
04-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Hey guys not really a landscaper but I am responsible for taking care of mulch/flower beds. This spring I was at one of my stops doing the spring cleaning and I could not believe how much grass and I mean well developed grass that was growing in the mulch and all through the flowers. It took me over an hour to pull as much as I could out. Now I know I am gonna be fighting this all summer and not to mention the weeds. I did put down a product called Snapshot by lesco. Hope this will control any weeds that have not popped up yet. But I dont think it works on grass. What do you suggest to use to stop it and not hurt any of the flowers or shrubs? What do you suggest I can use to get rid of any other grass that I might have missed.

what king of turf do you have ?