PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washing Nozzles

1998tahoe
04-21-2008, 02:14 AM
I am looking for some new nozzles for my Craftsman PW. It is a 3100psi 2.3 GPM. Is there a way to make it better for cleaning 2nd story?? Bigger nozzle orfice??? Any help is greatly appreciated...:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Happy Frog
04-21-2008, 02:30 AM
Your pressure washer lacks the flow required to do a good job on two stories houses so do not expect good results.
You can find bigger nozzles at http://www.pressuretek.com

mc752000
04-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Get an X-Jet nozzle can't go wrong!!

Barry M
05-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Even with the right nozzle you may have trouble doing a second story with a 2.3 gpm. Just not enough flow IMO.

mverick
05-19-2008, 01:18 AM
If you go to a larger nozzle you will loose pressure. Stick with the same size you have.

Different pressure units with different flows have different nozzle sizes just for that reason.

Happy Frog
05-19-2008, 01:44 AM
If you go to a larger nozzle you will loose pressure. Stick with the same size you have.

Different pressure units with different flows have different nozzle sizes just for that reason.

That is the point! :hammerhead:
Bigger nozzles allow full flow with less pressure so you get the best efficiency possible while preventing any damage to the surface you are cleaning. It is also easier on the pressure washer and makes the engine last longer.
You should have a minimum of 4 nozzles: short and long range soap nozzles and short and long range rinse nozzles.

mverick
05-19-2008, 08:01 PM
That is the point! :hammerhead:
Bigger nozzles allow full flow with less pressure so you get the best efficiency possible while preventing any damage to the surface you are cleaning. It is also easier on the pressure washer and makes the engine last longer.
You should have a minimum of 4 nozzles: short and long range soap nozzles and short and long range rinse nozzles.

Well, with a 2.3 gpm he'd be better off sticking with his pressure and using his garden hose.:clapping:

If he had a 5gpm that's a different story.

He's NOT using commercial equipment.

And, I've ran my pressure washers, have 3 of them, at there full rated capacity there hole life. One 10 years. One is a cheapy cambell hausfield at 2250psi, one is a troybilt at 3100psi and last is a 5000psi 24hp 5gpm hog. I use the little ones to get the chems there. With a soap nozzle and the big one to throw a wide wash pattern to clean a bigger swath. Never had pump problems or motor problems.

But, to each his own.

FCPWLLC
05-21-2008, 09:40 AM

That is the whole point for cleaning Vinyl Siding and wood. High Pressure = BAD. Pros know that Vinyl Siding is cleaned with no more that 100 psi and don't need ladders or extention wands for up to 3 story houses.

mverick
05-21-2008, 09:59 AM
That is the whole point for cleaning Vinyl Siding and wood. High Pressure = BAD. Pros know that Vinyl Siding is cleaned with no more that 100 psi and don't need ladders or extention wands for up to 3 story houses.

I agree, 16gpm at 100psi or below at 50psi and 18gpm is great on a Delevan for putting the chemicals on a house. And 8gpm with 1800psi would be wonderfull.

And on siding and wood that 3100psi, which he probably isn't getting on that model, is going to tear it up if he gets close. So, use a garden hose with a good jet head. More water and around 80psi of pressure.

But you gotta use chemicals.

He doesn't have a delevan. And, he has a 2.3gpm pump from Sears. Probably in the $300 range. Meaning it ain't a pro model or even near it. I will say, doing a 3 story house without ladders or extension wands I'd like to see. I've seen 2 story but not 3 story. And doing a 2 or 3 story house with a 3100psi and a 2.3gpm pump like this person has would require extension ladder and extensions. LOL

FCPWLLC
05-21-2008, 07:14 PM
He needs a better machine. I have been doing more of our house washes with the Bandit.

http://www.pressuretek.com/chemicalbandit.html

Just finished a 21 building (3 story) Apartment complex with it.

mverick... please don't say extention wand... My arms hurt even when just spoken. LOL :)

mverick
05-21-2008, 08:41 PM
He needs a better machine. I have been doing more of our house washes with the Bandit.

http://www.pressuretek.com/chemicalbandit.html

Just finished a 21 building (3 story) Apartment complex with it.

mverick... please don't say extention wand... My arms hurt even when just spoken. LOL :)

Are you using it for your water wash too?

What size nozzles are you using?

Those are nice rigs for washing houses.

1998tahoe
05-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Got some new nozzles from SEARS and used them today. They are the JET FLUSH and JET SOAP Nozzles. I could shoot the cleaning solution all the way over my house. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!:weightlifter:

mverick
05-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Got some new nozzles from SEARS and used them today. They are the JET FLUSH and JET SOAP Nozzles. I could shoot the cleaning solution all the way over my house. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!:weightlifter:

That's great. did you have a soap nozzle before?

FCPWLLC
05-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Are you using it for your water wash too?

What size nozzles are you using?

Those are nice rigs for washing houses.

0030, 1530, 2530, and 4030

the 0030 will spray like a male cat. If the wind isn't too bad, it will shoot high peaks on 3 story.

Mostly use it on roofs though.

First pic is a 12 volt Delavan 5.3 gpm pump shooting a roof and the second pic is the badit shootoing Vinyl Siding.

Video of the bandit it 20 mph wind gusts....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H27fFxs6Xnc