PDA

View Full Version : Crab grass how to control it???

eyes721
04-21-2008, 01:23 PM
I have a new client who said about two years ago he had his lawn treated " crab grass and weed an seed" He would like me to do it asap. my problem is I never did it befor and don't know how or what to use. Can anybody help, also I live in PA. I heard about dimension, tupersan, crabgrass fertilzer, crab-ex. What would be best for me???

TLClandscaping
04-21-2008, 04:38 PM
I use Barricade & Dimension pre-m and for post I use Drive

eyes721
04-21-2008, 04:47 PM
He just wants me to prevent it from coming, I was there today and I didn't see any that I could definetly ID.

LwnmwrMan22
04-21-2008, 06:32 PM
He just wants me to prevent it from coming, I was there today and I didn't see any that I could definetly ID.

You shouldn't be able to ID it, because hopefully it hasn't emerged yet.

You need to use a granular product that you'd learn about donig your pesticide training. OR, there are liquid products to use as well.

If it would have already emerged, you'd be too late.

I'm not going to give you any other info, because you're going to get the info I would tell you very very very soon, I'm sure.

Hoots
04-21-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm not going to give you any other info, because you're going to get the info I would tell you very very very soon, I'm sure.

I will do the honors.

SUB IT OUT!

These questions on what should I use are the same as the other forum of "how much should I charge".

This is a pesticide forum to get answers to questions, but not to try and explain something that would be covered in a licensing class/test. In this case, as well as many others, the answer would have been covered in a class or other training. I suggest starting there.

Sorry to be so blunt but if you don't have practical experience in using pesticides you run the huge risk of polluting or killing by over applying.

SimonCX
04-21-2008, 11:52 PM
First if you don't have a pest license sub it out, if they catch you without a license get ready for big fine's. But if you did have your license you wouldn't be asking this question.

eyes721
04-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Sub out spreading scotts crabgrass preventer???

RAlmaroad
04-22-2008, 06:18 PM
I have a new client who said about two years ago he had his lawn treated " crab grass and weed an seed" He would like me to do it asap. my problem is I never did it befor and don't know how or what to use. Can anybody help, also I live in PA. I heard about dimension, tupersan, crabgrass fertilzer, crab-ex. What would be best for me???

Eyes:
Firstly, since you're in PA and the ground temp is probably still on the cool side, give him advise on a using .21 Dimension 0-0-7. This will give him just a little post emergent and crabgrass needs warmer temps to start it germination cycle. You may be in good shape for the crabgrass control. Is the grass fescue or bluegrass? Follow that up with a good fertilizer blend for your area at the right time and then maybe--and I say maybe--another application of Dimension but at a weaker rate. You should be OK, but do not give it away since your're having to play catchup and timing is everything. You may have to put in a post application to really do a good job. Just charge accordingly for all of the effort and hardwork that you're going to encounter, as price justifys quality to most people.
That homeowner stuff at the box stores is just worthless. I just got through a long, long, ordeal with a new client "Maybe" that has almost ruined his yard with that stuff. He had so much of that stuff on his yard that it might as well be a fertilize warehouse floor.

Roy

Shades of Green LService
04-22-2008, 10:58 PM
IF it is crabgrass your seeing, then dimension will give you some post control in the early tillers.

LushGreenLawn
04-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Sub out spreading scotts crabgrass preventer???

Its just as illegal to apply the crap you buy at wal-mart as it is professional products if you are not licensed. A pesticide is a pesticide no matter where you bought it.