PDA

View Full Version : dead earthworms in the walkway after application

ant
04-21-2008, 12:51 PM
got a phone call from a client today, he states that after the last application he notices dead earthworms all over the driveway. hyave any of you had this happen?

LushGreenLawn
04-21-2008, 01:39 PM
I've noticed that after a heavy rain, but never after a pesticide application. Did it rain after your application.

jc1
04-21-2008, 08:22 PM
On Sunday I had hundreds on dead earth worms on my driveway. Maybe something with the weather here and nothing to do with an application?

Marcos
04-21-2008, 08:52 PM
That's typical after an unuasally-heavy ground-soaking rain.

And in these especially sensitive days on this now "Greener" planet :rolleyes:, everything is going to start to be gone over with a fine-toothed comb in terms of environmental-friendliness !!

So you folks better know your stuff...!

And don't be left out in the cold...in terms of your future customer-base...and the direction they'll take YOU !!

A smart move for any traditional LCO right now is to start to incorporate at least SOME organics/ cultural lawn care into their marketing (and actual) programs; and to take advantage of this worldwide "green" wave while it lasts.
It'll be here to stay quite a while...if not forever.

Marcos
04-30-2008, 03:41 PM
(sing this to the tune of the priceless (sappy) ....."We are the World" from the "USA for Africa" era of 1985...)

:dancing:

"We are the worms...
Out on the sidewalk...

We are the ones that make a stick-y mess
So watch where you walk" !!!

vegomatic40
04-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Yep...soil is saturated from mega-rains. No need to panic...Unless you are a worm.

"There's a choice we're making....we're saving our own lives...." SQUISH...EWWW... BARF!!!!

Marcos- Probably a whole bunch of granola-munching-sandal-wearing theme songs we could use but I think you nailed it. During grub apps I used to hum "Whats grubs got to do...got to do with it?" ( in quite possibly the worst Tina Turner impression ever) Can't help it LOL

RigglePLC
04-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Sometimes after a heavy rain, water forces the worms to come to the surface(or drown). They may decide to cross the sidewalk. But they get disoriented (being blind) and they start crawling the long way of the walk. If they do not find their way back into the grass before the hot sun comes out--they are toast. Food for birds. It is nature's way.

But why not do a test. Treat half of your lawn--omit the other half. Count the worms that come out or seem irritated. Let us know what happens.

Marcos
05-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Sometimes after a heavy rain, water forces the worms to come to the surface(or drown). They may decide to cross the sidewalk. But they get disoriented (being blind) and they start crawling the long way of the walk. If they do not find their way back into the grass before the hot sun comes out--they are toast. Food for birds. It is nature's way.

But why not do a test. Treat half of your lawn--omit the other half. Count the worms that come out or seem irritated. Let us know what happens.

Cool, Riggle !

You think like a worm !!!

Marcos
05-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Marcos- Probably a whole bunch of granola-munching-sandal-wearing theme songs we could use but I think you nailed it.

Actually....for some STUPID reason I STILL remember that silly "We are the Worms" parody from the old "Dr. Demento" radio shows that used to be on-the-air back in the 1980's !!!

Every time I'm doing some application somewhere....and see DEAD WORMS on somebody's sidewalk...it just "POPS" into my head !!!
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: