PDA

View Full Version : Urea melting

turfmanagementspecialty
04-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Where can I find them socks that you put urea in to melt it down in your spray tank, so it doesn't sit on the bottom of tank? thanks

SoonerTurf
04-21-2008, 06:22 PM
adddjjuuuuuutaaaaation

Marcos
04-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Where can I find them socks that you put urea in to melt it down in your spray tank, so it doesn't sit on the bottom of tank? thanks

I recommend that you stop looking for "them socks".

For that matter...Stop cheapening the industry by "melting down" UREA...and causing yourself stupid problems like clogging up your spray tank...and later aggravating all the mowing contractors with the excess SURGE growth that urea generally causes...and having such "surge growth" stimulate the early occurrence of turf DISEASE such as brown patch :cry::cry::cry: later on !!!

Be more RESPONSIBLE :
Go out and look for an Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) or other fert company in your region that can sell you 275 gal. skid-mounted mini-bulks ( or "loose" liquid if you've got a big enough poly storage tank) of actual LIQUID SLOW RELEASE turf fertilizer... that you can mix with water / herbicides or whatever.

RigglePLC
04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Melting urea works fine in northern areas. I tried to find Gregson Clark as a sponsor--no luck.
So searched the web--take a look at their site for the sock equipment you need.
http://www.gregsonclark.com/

Also try using silicone aquarium sealer inside the tank. Glue a screen over the intake. Like I did. You may need some kind of power agitation system. A propeller on a shaft that you can lower into the tank.

turfmanagementspecialty
04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm using hydrexx, a nitrogen stabilizer with my urea. Going to try it the first round, see what results I get. They say You can get up to 12 weeks of feeding with the max amt. of hydrexx. Talked to other LCO's who were using it, with great results, without the SURGE GROWTH

turfmanagementspecialty
05-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Anyone know where I can find one?

AustinLawnscape
05-11-2008, 12:45 AM
As mentioned by RigglePLC, Gregson Clark. Follow the link below. They call it a "Strainer Bag."

http://www.gregsonclark.com/accessories.html

bug-guy
05-11-2008, 08:31 AM
search lesco under parts and basket strainer