PDA

View Full Version : mulch by the scoop or bag

grassmasterswilson
04-21-2008, 08:15 PM
I have always gotten mulch by the scoop. the store I get it from uses a bobcat to load and they say one scoop is one cubic yard. I have questioned if I am really getting a cubic yard after a couple of jobs came up short. But bags seem to be a lot of work and sometimes hold a lot of water and leak. I've alway thought loading a wheel barrow and dumping in the bed was much easier. Thoughts or comments?

Mr. Vern
04-21-2008, 09:36 PM
I know there are a lot of guys on this site that like the bags, but where I am at, I have never seen anyone but a homeowner use bags. The price per yard is 2-3 times as much as bulk, so even if your supplier is off by a small margin you will not get hurt nearly as bad as using bags.
We sell bulk materials in ouir yard, and we have state certified measures on our buckets. We have bins that we have operators dump in occasionally to help them to see how much their judgment affects what they are giving the customer. I can say that almost every time they are overloading and not shorting the measurement!

vbmike
04-28-2008, 11:44 PM
On any skid-steer, I have never seen an operator load an entire yard in one bucket; it is usually two level scoops for one yard.