PDA

View Full Version : lesco spreader

humble1
04-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Alright has this happened to you, and why is this happening to me.
I was putting down dimension app today, I broke 2 new cotter pins, on the tire wheel shaft that locks in the spinner. Im pushing it in and bending it over

Why do they keep breaking I dont get it?

Hissing Cobra
04-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Are you talking about the cotter pin that holds the wheel to the axle or the roll pin that holds the gearset to the axle? Regardless, they usually break when there's too much pressure put on them. This can be caused by overfilling the hopper with two 50 lb. bags instead of using just one bag or even one and a half bags. Back when I was using mine for 100,000+ sq. ft. per day, I would break them often. I found a good fix though. I drilled the holes out larger and would use nails in the holes instead. I'd insert them in and then bend them over. They would last a full season and then some!

RigglePLC
04-21-2008, 10:50 PM
I use the biggest nails I can find. But...check your lubrication. If you don"t have oil on the bearings and gears, and a few pounds of air in the tires...maybe it needs too much force to push the spread. You don't want to work harder than necessary.

americanlawn
04-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Alright has this happened to you, and why is this happening to me.
I was putting down dimension app today, I broke 2 new cotter pins, on the tire wheel shaft that locks in the spinner. Im pushing it in and bending it over

Why do they keep breaking I dont get it?

Spyker 288's rule:usflag: American made too. Anymore, we consider LESCO spreaders the "homeowner version" of a lawn spreader. 8 out of 8 of us agree.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
04-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Spyker 288's rule:usflag: American made too. Anymore, we consider LESCO spreaders the "homeowner version" of a lawn spreader.

I agree!:)

jbturf
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
that is so frustrating when the cotter breaks while spreading a lawn,
you gotta be real quick to close latch. I like the nail idea, think ill try it,

i also constantly loose those little spring clips that hold the agitator
arm on inside the hopper-- any clever fixes for this?
i was thinkin either threading the top of the shaft, or drilling a hole
thru the shaft and using cotter pin or set screw

SCB
04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
i also constantly loose those little spring clips that hold the agitator
arm on inside the hopper-- any clever fixes for this?
i was thinkin either threading the top of the shaft, or drilling a hole
thru the shaft and using cotter pin or set screw

That spring clip is realy annoying. I think maybe you can simply try to use metal adhesive to glue the agitator arm on the shaft.
Lesco new spreader has a C-clip with new shaft to replace current design, it should help prevent this issue.