PDA

View Full Version : MY wifes former boss

humble1
04-21-2008, 10:41 PM
a-hole owed me $390 with all the $25 a month late fees and court costs filed to go to court $850.00. We were to go to court tomorrow. I was ready, he calls me and says oh id like to come to an agreement, and didnt know how this slipped thru the cracks. I sent him 3 certified letters.
We agreed $390 plus my court and sheriff service etc. Im getting the check paid to me, ill cash it and call the court to cancel.
I dont have the money yet but im happy.

Hissing Cobra
04-21-2008, 10:57 PM
That's good! It sucks when people won't pay up or even admit that they owe you money.

Two years ago, I ran over a dog and unfortunately, killed it. Man, did I feel bad. I did everything right by calling the police, filing accident reports with the DMV, the Police and my Insurance Company and contacting the owner of the dog. Believe it or not, my brand new mini-van had suffered $2,000 worth of damage as the front bumper was caved in and ripped, and the headlight was taken out.

Luckily for me, I hit the dog in front of a Veterinarian's office and the doctor came out to get the dog. He gave me the owner's name and I approached him about repairing my van. He told me to go "F" myself, so I went to the courthouse and filed a lawsuit against him. Three days before we were supposed to go to court, his Homeowner's Insurance contacted me and told me that they would pay to fix my van if I dropped the suit. I told them to mail me the check and when I got it, I'd stop the court proceedings. I got it the next day. It's not the way that I wanted it to go but I gave him the option to do the right thing and he didn't want to be responsible.

I got my van fixed and now it's just a distant memory.

lifetree
04-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Sometimes, the recourse you have is to initiate legal proceedings !!

EJK2352
04-21-2008, 11:24 PM
a-hole owed me $390 with all the $25 a month late fees and court costs filed to go to court $850.00. We were to go to court tomorrow. I was ready, he calls me and says oh id like to come to an agreement, and didnt know how this slipped thru the cracks. I sent him 3 certified letters.
We agreed $390 plus my court and sheriff service etc. Im getting the check paid to me, ill cash it and call the court to cancel.

The check????? I would have demanded cash in hand!!!!!

carcrz
04-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Don't cancel the court date until you have cash in hand. Once you cancel, there's no going back.

IA_James
04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I'd be looking for a Postal money order or something, not some possibly rubber check.

humble1
04-23-2008, 11:23 PM

I got the check made to me, before court, cashed it at his bank. I should go play the loto.

stressed
04-24-2008, 01:04 AM
I had a "lady" last season owed me 500 for mowing most the season.We finally caught it on the books and stopped services.Well come labor day her grass was a foot tall.She calls and says she has been out of town for most the summer and her mom was at her house checking her mail and she told her her lawn was very tall.So the lady told me "i bet the reason my grass is tall cuz i havent mailed you guys payment for awhile.Ill tell you what,im in Minnesota right now,tell me how much i owe and i will send a check.And add another mow cuz i need you to mow before labor day weekend and add shrub trimming also.Just tell me wut i owe and ill mail it today."Well so me being stupid trying to help her i mowed her lawn assuming she sent payment.After i mowed the lawn her neighbor approaches me and say it got away from you.I replied yes but there was more to it than that.He said she hasnt paid has she.I replied no but shes been out of town.He says no she hasnt i leave the same time she duz every morn and she hasnt gone anywhere.Plus he says she burned his son on mowing the year before...uh oh i thought i just got screwd.And sure enuf i did,i had her served for small claims court and they could never get her to answer her door so they said i would have to pay again to keep serving her.I just contacted her the other day and she said shes still gona pay and she wants me to mow again.Lol.I said thats fine but i will nedd full payment 1st.Well...no payment.My next step is serving her at her workplace.I will get this @#!*!