PDA

View Full Version : goose problem

silverscapes
04-21-2008, 10:52 PM
is there any thing out there that i can put on grass so geese will not eat it or go near it... besides a shotgun and a dog.... its on a golf course...

teeca
04-22-2008, 12:05 AM
golf course?? hey i've used a fungicide called 'defender' that is labled for geese control. works good, but haven't found it on the markert for awhile. i use a local guy that trains his bird dog. he sets it free and keeps the geese'a fly'n and the dog doesen't harm the birds and control is amazing!! flight control is an option, but it gets VERY expensive! and you need multi-apps.

pinto n mwr
04-22-2008, 12:20 AM
flight control plus, changes the uv index of grass. also causes mild indigestion for the buggers'

Marcos
04-22-2008, 12:58 AM
I could say something about Alka Seltzer tablets :rolleyes: here....but I'd be afraid some PETA person might read this blog and start to :dizzy: freak out !!!

Grandview
04-22-2008, 07:47 AM
I have used Flight Control plus with good results.

tyaroch
04-22-2008, 01:30 PM
30-06. lol

Ric
04-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Yo

Somewhere I heard stretching Fishing line every 3 to 4 feet 2 feet off the ground keeps them from landing. They can see it and don't land. No personal experience to back this up.

MarcSmith
04-22-2008, 03:05 PM
The option that Ric states does work....another option is to plant some tall grasses and such at the edge of the water. or even put op the fake coyotes.

The taller grasses give predators a place to hide, and as such the geese will likely stay away. given it s golf course, the golfers won't like th tall grasses, and the stringing the lake might also cause some issues with the golfers as well.

There are some companies that use dogs to chase em away, and another option is to give one of your guys a rc truck to drive around and keep the geese occupied.

Marcos
04-22-2008, 04:12 PM
:dancing::dancing:

" Plop, plop " !!
" Fizz, fizz" !!
" Oh, What a Relief it Is" !!

:dancing::dancing:

tyaroch
04-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Marcos, Good idea!

teeca
04-22-2008, 10:21 PM
the fishing line does work (in smaller ponds), but keeping them off the grass is a pain in the a$$.

nemow
04-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Since you wont let me shoot them. Border collie. A town course here had one for years he would follow the super around (sometimes ride in the cart with him) and chase the geese. The next town over from me hires a women to walk her border collies around the town fields only costs them a couple of bucks and the dogs love the twice a day walk. Or you could take a golf club...nevermind.

TurfBusiness
04-22-2008, 11:44 PM
I have used Liquid Fence Goose Repellent for some of my putting greens and have had good success.