PDA

View Full Version : front wheel bearings on a Lazer Z

kayeproperties
04-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a 2002 Lazer Z with a 25 Hp Kohler on it and whe it was new it had the solid zero flat tires installed as an upgrade. I cant seem to get front wheel bearings to fit it now. The replacements for the Z are cone bearings and too small. It had ball bearings in it. The closest I found will fit the hole in the rim but the spanner bushing diamater is way too small. I had another machine before that had a spanner inside of a spanner to make up the difference. Any ideas on where to find bearings to fit would be appreciated.

Breezmister
04-21-2008, 11:27 PM
I have a 2002 Lazer Z with a 25 Hp Kohler on it and whe it was new it had the solid zero flat tires installed as an upgrade. I cant seem to get front wheel bearings to fit it now.

I didn't know that Exmark offered a solid tire for the Lazer. Are you sure that this is a OEM wheel/rim set up and not aftermarket ? I would suggest that you go back to your dealer and check with him. If you have the old bearings, there should be a number on it that can be crossed over to a OEM or aftermarket bearing, a good auto parts store can check for you.

LarryF
04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
I agree that going back to the guy you got those wheels from seems like the most logical resolution. But aren't the bearings stamped with a manufacturer and part number? And if you Google "wheel bearings" it looks like there are a lot of suppliers. Some of the web sites provide physical descriptions including dimensions, so maybe you can find a match that way. I've had good luck with Grainger, but there are many others that should be able to help you.

TOOMUCHWALKING
04-22-2008, 08:30 AM
I bought those to upgrade with, and they came with their own bearings

kayeproperties
04-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the ideas and I was going to try Grainger as we have one close. The tires werent Exmark but the dealer installed them as an option. Like anything thats not factory God only knows what I have. I looked and either they were too weathered and wore or I just couldnt find a number. I will just take it to Grainger and see what I can get.
thanks