View Full Version : Anyone Tried LI 700

Atlantic Lawn
04-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Has anyone ever tried using LI 700 ? It's a UAP product .Thanks

Ric
04-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Has anyone ever tried using LI 700 ? It's a UAP product .Thanks

Atlantic

LI 700 is a Loveland Chemical Company product and not exclusive to UAP. I have used it for years saving money by using lower AI to accomplish the same results. I am not going type everything I use it with.

Atlantic Lawn
04-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Looks like it's pretty broad spectrum of AI's it works with. Just wondering why no one has ever mentioned it. I've just picked up a jug at UAP and will give it a try. Thanks for the feedback, I have much faith in your judgement O' Wise one. Thanks

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
04-22-2008, 05:42 PM
That stuff is AWESOME! Much better than some Lesco spreader sticker! As Ric said, you can get by with much less AI because of the penetrant action it has. Be forewarned...IT STINKS! But thats OK, It works great!

americanlawn
04-23-2008, 08:30 PM
We've been using it for many years now. (spreader/sticker/acidifyer/penetrant -- and probably more). We consider it to be the best non-ionic product on the market. Loveland offers several similar ones, but we think LI700 is the best. I also find it odd that nobody on this site has brought this up. Until now, it was our little secret.

grassman177
04-23-2008, 08:54 PM
i used to use it, but now i use induce from helena chemical. both worked the same for me ans cheap too! i think i pay about 17$ for a gal. uap use d to have a warehouse just down the street from us, but not any longer that is the only reason i switched, well, and pricing was better with helena!!!

Bryn
06-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Where are you buying LI-700 from? Do any third parties carry this, or do you get it from Crop Production Services direct?

Thanks

Bryn

a plus bob
06-01-2009, 06:59 PM
I cant get past the smell had customers say that stuff cant be safe to breathe it smells bad.Caused alot of concern with customers.

americanlawn
06-01-2009, 07:07 PM
We get ours from CPS (UAP). We use LI700 in our backpack sprayers. We also use Liberate in our TURFCO ride-ons. Liberate has some LI700 in it, but it also has drift control. Liberate does not have an offensive odor.

Ric
06-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Where are you buying LI-700 from? Do any third parties carry this, or do you get it from Crop Production Services direct?

Thanks

Bryn

Bryn

LI 700 is made by Loveland Chemical Company and they have many different distributors besides CPS-UAP-UHS or what ever name they are using now.

I cant get past the smell had customers say that stuff cant be safe to breathe it smells bad.Caused alot of concern with customers.

Plus Bob

Any thing that has a disadvantage one way has an advantage in an other. The smell at least lets the customer know you were there and normally isn't noticed in a short time. Sell your weakness as an advantage and the customer won't complain and will know they are getting good service

Bryn
06-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Good to see you back on the forum, I know you have been back a while.

What is the rough cost of 2.5G?

My local Farmers Co-Op said they could not get it, and that it had not been manufactured in 30 years:laugh: LoveLand in Co told me it was still manufactured by them.

Thanks

Bryn

Lbilawncare
06-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I use Liberate, too many customers complained of the awful odor from the LI700. It did work well though.

VARMIT COMMISSION
06-02-2009, 09:04 AM
My co-op sale's a product called LEVEL 7 that does not have the strong smell of LI-700. I have not compared lables yet but was told it was a copy cat version of LI-700 just cheaper and no harsh smell. I did get a look at it and it was the consistancy of water. And much cheaper in cost.