PDA

View Full Version : Reseeding after Crabgrass Preventer

JoeKidd
04-22-2008, 02:42 PM
We used Lebenon Turf Ferts with SCU Team Crabgrass preventer last week where I work in Southern NH. My boss seems to think it won't affect our reseeded areas he had us do the following week. I tried to tell him what it says right on the bag that reseeding should be delayed at least 8-12 weeks but he won't listen to me. What do you guys think?

SoonerTurf
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
get another boss :cool2:

CHiP's
04-23-2008, 09:05 PM
once the pre-m has been watered in and activated i have been told that if you areated or hard rake spots to be spot seeded that this will break the pre-m barrier and you will have ok results, but not as good as if you hadn't used pre-m of course. this is just what i have been told.

Lower Cape Lawn
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
You'll be re seeding those areas again. Good luck!

mrkosar
04-23-2008, 09:56 PM
once the pre-m has been watered in and activated i have been told that if you areated or hard rake spots to be spot seeded that this will break the pre-m barrier and you will have ok results, but not as good as if you hadn't used pre-m of course. this is just what i have been told.

i've heard aeration doesn't break the barrier. research anyone?

nmarum
04-24-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm trying to figure out what to do about this too. I have plow damage that needs repaired, and since it went straight from winter to summer here this year, I have to put down my pre-em without time to get those spots going.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on this topic as well.

mngrassguy
04-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Rake up the dead sod, put down a layer of black dirt, seed, starter fert and say a prayer

Marcos
04-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Tell your boss he's nuts, and to go out and get his pesticide license !
( Because anyone who has their license already...and made such a decision...has to be INSANE, or simply 'doesn't care' about the end-results-rather, just the $$$$$ in their pocket !!!)

Even though "Team" is about the cheapest quality 'bottom-of-the-barrel' pre-emergent there IS on the market today...doesn't mean it doesn't have a substantial seeding RESIDUAL!

(Team was originally a LANDSCAPE pre-emergent, by the way....that was later bastardized into 'Team Pro'...which has proven to be about as equally useless in turf ! :cry:
BOTH products should be in LANDSCAPE, and not TURF !!)

The only way you're going to be able to "nullify" the pre-emergent effects of the Team that's been applied...in order to have any HOPE of seeding success...is the application of (either granular or liquid) activated charcoal; watered in according to directions on the label.

nmarum
04-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Agreed. Team sucks. Dimension for me.