PDA

View Full Version : Stihl sg-20 Back Pack Sprayer

Shades of Green LService
04-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Just bought and used one today to spray hort oil. I absolutely love it. Only thing which i will modify is the latch which self engages to keep spraying w/out holding trigger. Got to be very annoying, easy fix though. Anyone else running these? If so, whats your opinion?

ted putnam
04-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Absolutely Love it! Check all hose clamps, connections occasionally to make sure they're tight. Put a drop or two of oil in top of pump every once in awhile. Excellent backpack!

Slyder777
04-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Bought four of this year. Miles ahead of the rest of the back pack sprayers out there. Hope they are as long lasting as they seem to be. The best thing is they are skinny, and fit in a small slot on the outside of my turf sprayer between the sprayer and side of flatbed. Handle raises all the way up, nice, neat, and conveniant. Perfect.

Shawn

FL-lawnjockey
04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
We bought 3 early last season & other than typical maintenance, they're holding up well.

1) Watch for pinched fingers when picking it up
2) The hose connection at the tank tends to wear out first. Probably from bending so much.
Head to your local Ace store (or where ever) & buy some 3/8" braided fuel hose. Make sure it's nice 'n flexible. It's a HELL of a lot cheaper than from a Stihl dealership.
My Stihl dealer wanted around $18 for a replacement hose...No thanks.

Rob

P.S. I too had problems with the trigger lock...Needlenose pliers fixed that

Shades of Green LService
04-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Another thing which i found, was less leaking when agitating a full back pack. My lesco's tend to have a lot of drippage when agitating.

NattyLawn
04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
I had a small problem with the vent cap not working. Stihl dealer changed it and works great. I also removed the trigger lock as it gets in the way at the worst times.

I actually went to pick another one up today.