PDA

View Full Version : Roundup question

luckydooley
04-22-2008, 11:19 PM
I have a large property where the customer has given me permission to use roundup. I will use it around aall fenceposts, but my question is can I spray it around the trees? I dont think it will hurt the tree if I hit the trunk with it, but am I right? I thought it only works on leak contact? Thanks for info!

cod8825
04-23-2008, 12:47 AM
We use it around trees in parks with great success when spraying be careful about scabs, cuts, or cankers where roundup can get into the trunk. We are very careful and have not had one issue.

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-23-2008, 03:20 AM
No issues. Bark doesn't absorb nutrients for the tree. Even hitting a developed tree with a "sore" isn't going to phase it a bit... unless you accidentally spill a bottle of concentrate on it... :)

luckydooley
04-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys!

larryinalabama
04-23-2008, 09:41 AM
I have a property that Im restoring the landscape on. I sprayed around every tree and some have privet growing under them I cut the large privet and drilled a small hole and poured some roundup concertrate in the hole. I dont want to trim or keep puling privet out all the time. So far the property is really shaping up.