PDA

View Full Version : Another permagreen question

stressed
04-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Im new with a permagreen and am having trouble with how much weed killer to add.The stuff im using says 1-1.5 ounces per 1000 sq ft.The permagreen does around 50,000 sq ft.If it is putting out what its supposed to then im assuming i should put in around 50 ounces of threeway.Is it as simple as that and is that about what evrtone is putting in.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

TLS
04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
I have another thread started with basically the same question.

I know what the labels say. I was more concerned with what OTHERS use. You know, those that put a couple hundred hours a year on them. They know what works, what doesn't.

I'd like to weaken the mix a bit, but would be concerned with how low I can go and still get control.

And....what products work best.

stressed
04-22-2008, 10:56 PM
yes 50 ounces seems like alot but its literally just putting a drop on most weeds so i guess it needs to be strong.I dont hnow how happy i am with the coerage of spray yet.

Lbilawncare
04-23-2008, 12:21 AM
There is a chart that comes with the unit. I use about 6 ounces of three way per gal. Obviously a lot depends on the temperature outside and the type of weeds you are trying to control.

TLS
04-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Now, you see....thats 72oz per tank.

So....what works best 50oz or 72oz???

72 seems a bit hot, no?

stressed
04-23-2008, 08:36 AM
hes mixing on high end of label,the 50 ozs is on the low end.Right now with temps cooler it prolly is best to go 70 ozs but when we get into may and get temps over 80 id say back it off to middle or low end

sclawndr
04-23-2008, 08:25 PM
It might help you to consider first what rate per thousand you want to use. This is more dependent on the weather than the Magnum. In the spring most people mix at the higher rate because of the cooler temps and the fact that it's harder for the plant to translocate the product back to the root. In the summer and fall you should be at the lower end of the rate. What you don't want to do is try to get quick top kill on weeds now as this almost always means it won;t make it down to the root. I'm in a similar zone to you and I'm running at 1.3 oz per 1000SF right now.

RigglePLC
04-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Not to argue--but i use the low rate in spring for the dandelions and easy weeds. Use the high rate in summer for tough weeds: clover, spurge, oxalis.

teeca
04-23-2008, 10:05 PM
i just spray coolpower in the fall and apply fert/pre-m in the spring and fert in the summer and maybe spot spray a few weeds here and there.