PDA

View Full Version : Hard to find part-Ingersoll

BZB_Helpers
04-23-2008, 06:17 AM
My neighbor has an Ingersoll 3016 that the PTO clutch has gone out. The tractor is at a shop now, but they cant find the part. My neighbor offered me the same money if I can find the clutch that the shop would charge. I dont know the serial number of the tractor as there are two clutches available.

BZB_Helpers
04-26-2008, 07:38 PM
I know that ingersoll's are tanks but the electric PTO clutch is a wear item. Just a bump to the top so restorob sees this.

Restrorob
04-26-2008, 11:00 PM
OK BZB,

This is what I have;

If the unit has the Onan engine (older serial number) it has part# C33198 clutch.

If it has the Briggs Vanguard (newer serial number) it has part# C33197 clutch.

It's my guess that the crankshaft size is different causing the different clutches.

Now, Unless this old clutch is completely burned up and bearings wore out you can purchase individual parts for repair instead of the complete clutch.

I looked around a little and didn't find a on-line source for these clutches but you can go here; http://www.ingersoll-inc.com/ and use the dealer locater to find the nearest one to you.

You can also call Warner Electric @ 800-234-3369 with the part number above and see if they have a cross reference number (none listed on line) then try locating one with that number.

Working for a Ingersoll dealer I'm sure I could order one in as a last resort but you would probably be better off to find a closer dealer.

Good Luck

Cya

BZB_Helpers
04-27-2008, 09:21 AM
thanks restorob.
it has a vanguard engine. The tractor is at one of the dealers listed on ingersoll's dealer locator page. They say its the pto clutch, and that the part is on national backorder. Restorob, if you can look up how much the clutch is and about how much to ship to ohio, I would be greatful.

I found an aftermarket clutch
http://www.turftractor.com/8.html?m8:sr=1

Restrorob
04-27-2008, 10:11 AM
The only problem with that one is they show the part number for the Briggs clutch then designate it fitting the Onan engine, Will it fit the Briggs ? Your guess is as good as mine, That would have to be cleared up before ordering.

It will be tomorrow before I can check on anything.....

BZB_Helpers
04-27-2008, 12:31 PM
I got the numbers off the machine.
model:3016
serial:14169989
engine model:303447
engine type:0447-01
engine code:92100511

The owner would prefer an OEM part as he has gotten 14yrs of service out of it.

Restrorob
04-27-2008, 12:50 PM
OK, The numbers confirm what I posted before. C33197 is the required clutch for this unit.....

Turftractor.com
04-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Hello Mike,
Thanks for the questions,

It is a Brand New Warner Part Number 5215-108.
Full Mfg and Turftractor 1 year Warranty.

I did check- both briggs and onan use this same 1' ID clutch, a Warner 5215-108.

Made in USA by Warner Electric Company.

Warner supplies OEM's with clutches, hence Made by an Oem Supplier.

Thank
Greg - turftractor

Restrorob
04-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Greg, I'm sure Mike will be contacting you with his purchase......

BZB_Helpers
04-30-2008, 09:03 PM
thanks for replying turftractor. I'll tell my neighbor about the clutch, i hope you got one in stock for me:)
I see that you updated the product info for this clutch based on my questions.

BZB_Helpers
05-15-2008, 06:39 PM
clutch works good now. Got another problem now, with cold engine the clutch will stall the engine, but when warm itll bogg engine down. Then I noticed that the engine was blowing back through the carb, did a leakdown, come to find out one intake valve isnt sealing good. Ordered new head, just need the torque spec for the head bolts.
engine model:303447
engine type:0447-01

Restrorob
05-15-2008, 07:13 PM
OK Mike,

Here's the torque spec;

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Briggs/Vanguard%20Twin/BriggsTwinVanguardHeadTorque.jpg

You may need this as well;

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Briggs/Vanguard%20Twin/BriggsTwinVanguardValveAdjust.jpg

Cya.....

BZB_Helpers
05-20-2008, 02:00 PM
sorry to ask for your help again Rob, but....
Its all back together, but when I increase rpms fast, the carb spews fuel out the top. I still cant engage the pto clutch w/o it stalling sometimes. Raising rpms slow, engine responses nicely. Both plugs have a tan color, unlike before. I noticed that the tube in the carb above the throttle plate shoots alot of gas when I increase the throttle quickly. When revving quickly, the fuel blows back out of the carb sometimes with a pop. I know the cam is gear driven, valve clearance is .006", both cylinders have 130psi compression.
thanks again for your help, rob

BZB_Helpers
05-20-2008, 04:11 PM
I redid the leakdown test. The head I didnt replace , with 1100Hrs on it has no leakage past the intake valve, the New B&S head I just put on,has a small amount of leakage but alot less than the original head it replaced.

I just took the plugs out and they were all black from me revving it quickly, so I'm thinking its flooding when you put a large load on the engine