PDA

View Full Version : Good lock story

siklid1066
04-23-2008, 08:43 AM
2 years ago about 6 landscapers where hit (yours truly was one)The funny part was I couldnt find my locks.So I asked around and the others had those hockey puck Master locks taken with pieces of equipment.Answer,they had the key.If you go and by a lock off the shelf there are other locks there with the key.I now lock the contents on the inside also.

RedWingsDet
05-04-2008, 01:23 AM
f you go and by a lock off the shelf there are other locks there with the key.

Please elaborate. Thanks

Raven386
05-04-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm guessing he means you will eventually buy 2 seperate locks with keys that work in either?

bobcat9957
05-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Yes there are only so many keys for master locks. My father has a huge ring of keys and I have yet to see him not able to open a lock.
P.S. hes not a theif.

ken gustafson
05-04-2008, 11:27 AM
There are thousands of possible key set ups for most lock setups. So some one must not be paying attention to what they ship to who or are shipping multiple locks with the same key number. You have got to pay attention to the details on everything....locks included. When I said thousands...I meant 10's of thousands. When I get locks....if I ask...I will get a master key that will work on about 500 different numbers. A ring of keys that will work on all locks would take a ring of keys that might be as large as a 55 gallon drum. A ring of master key setups might be as big as 1 gallon can. I have heard of super master key setups but do not know the details. Ken

slowleak1
05-18-2008, 01:17 PM
your way wrong. there is not that many keys, period. if i wanted to, i can call the hardware store down the street from my firestation, and tell him we have an emergency and need a lock opened. i would then tell him the brand, and he brings a master key and bam its opened. 1 KEY. JUST 1. you can also, while buying your lock, tell them you want 8 locks keyed the same. so does this mean that if you only bought 2 out of that batch, another guy walked in behind you and bought 2 more, you could open each others locks? YES. you just have to be careful more than anything, watch where you park yor trailer, and always park where you can see your eqipment while your using it.

ken gustafson
05-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Do your research...you have got have special special keys to open every lock with one key. I buy hundred's of locks per year...I am able to get a master key that shall open up a group of numbers at a time but not 1 key for every one. And so that you know not just anyone is able to get a master key let alone a master ...master key. And there are thousands of possible key combinations on many locks being sold in hardware stores but it is possible to have hundreds of thousands of key combinations when you get into higher pin setups within the actual locks. Much...much more complicated than you are led to believe but if all you do is go to hardware stores for locks...easy to understand. Ken

stevepk
05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
4 or 5 digit combo locks. You set the combo and you change the combo when one is comprised............

AndyTblc
05-22-2008, 01:13 AM
thats why I like the off brand locks. Not many around.

Weedas_Lawn_Care
08-29-2008, 06:04 PM
i know this post is old but il tell a story i baught a tool box for the bed of my truck for a steal price when i got there the guy said that he didnt have the key to it so i said no big deal and bought it $75. i call the manufacturee the next day and gave them the # off the outside of the lock and they shipped 2 keys $2 a liece next day didnt ask for any information so that makes you wonder but i know that master lock wont do that iv tried for one of my locks that i lost the keys to and they just keep sayin "call a locksmith"

ken gustafson
08-29-2008, 11:50 PM
I have mentioned before about locks...many keys...lots of combinations of keys out there. Now I have locks that are so difficult to get into and to get a key you have to sign a form just to get another key. 11 pin setups in 2 rows if you care to check out this lock...you can go to my website... www.trailerlocksonline.com and click on the ASSA website or just go to ASSA Abloy website.....these locks are very high security..state of the art...most difficult to bypass made so far. Difficult is the main word here...difficult to pick and difficult to drill...main word cause I cannot say "cannot" so very very very difficult to bypass. Ken