PDA

View Full Version : CG pesticide life?

bond007069
04-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Hello,

i recently had a company put down Tri-Power and Barricade on my lawn.

I was planning on re-seeding, but now i realize what a problem this is going to create.

How long should i wait to re-seed now?

Will over watering the yard, speed up the dispersal of the CG pesticide?

Will any chemical inactivate the CG controler?

Thanks

vegomatic40
04-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Over-watering is unlikely to cause any degradation of the pesticide(s). Using a slit-seeder and/or aerator could help break up the pre-emergent barrier somewhat, but prodiamine in persistent by design and could linger for several months depending on the rate applied. If the lawn is fairly dense, you may be better off doing absolutely nothing until this fall. Disrupting the barrier for the small potential benefit of a risky seed job may result in crabgrasss infestation and competition with viable turf. Small bare/thin areas are better served by putting down sod. Can you send any pics of the lawn to determine if seeding is really needed?

bond007069
04-23-2008, 12:32 PM
here are some low res pics of the back yard

bond007069
04-23-2008, 12:33 PM
here is the front

i am not too concerned with this area

grassman177
04-23-2008, 08:57 PM
barricade will persist till fall more than likely, i even have had trouble with over applying it and seed not germinating in fall from it. i dont know about for prodiamine, but activated carbon usually deactivates most pre emergents and you could try this so you can still seed. i cant help with rates cause i have never done it

RigglePLC
04-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Sometimes a good ryegrass will push right through the crabgrass barrier. Try a handful on a small area every month. When it takes--you are good to go.

(wi) Roots
04-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Unfortunately rye will not help in uniformity of present turf in fact he will be mowing more often to take down rye then the established turf. Prodiamine is barricade. You will be unable to reseed! until approx. 6 to 9 mos. And in some cases 10 to 1 year using Barricade! The better the Ph, the better the control.

tremor
04-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Aerate then activated charcoal then seed it.

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Folks are throwing out #'s like crazy here. It all comes down to what application rate it was applied at. Might be as short as 3 months. Might be a year. There's NO WAY to know until you talk to the applicator about what rate they apply at.

bond007069
04-26-2008, 04:33 PM
the professional company told me it would be 3-4 weeks before i could plant

i doubt it....

Ric
04-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Yo Guys

Hey I am a warm season person, so I am just asking?????? Wouldn't it be better to wait until fall to reseed? Less weed pressure and no dry summer heat to burn it up?