PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried the turfco direct edger?

2 clowns mowing
04-23-2008, 01:48 PM
thinking of buying turfco edger has any one used these machines before? and is there anything else out there that is the same type of edger.

Trenchblade
05-06-2008, 10:00 AM
thinking of buying turfco edger has any one used these machines before? and is there anything else out there that is the same type of edger.

you should check out the trenchblade.
www.trenchblade.com

Cutter1
05-06-2008, 10:14 AM
I have two turfcos best thing I ever bought, I get calls just from people requesting edging only after they saw my edge.

DiyDave
05-06-2008, 08:49 PM
No offense intended, Trenchblade, but the Turfco edger is a Cadillac being compared to a motorcycle, both have appeal, but to different people! The Edgerite is one of the best built machines I have operated, and leaves a beautiful edge, with little work to be done after using, except to pick up the ribbon of sod it just cut.:cool2::cool2:

Trenchblade
05-06-2008, 09:01 PM
No offense intended, Trenchblade, but the Turfco edger is a Cadillac being compared to a motorcycle, both have appeal, but to different people! The Edgerite is one of the best built machines I have operated, and leaves a beautiful edge, with little work to be done after using, except to pick up the ribbon of sod it just cut.:cool2::cool2:

No offense taken diydave. I am sure that the edgerite is a great machine and does a wonderful job. I was just putting it out there because some people only have the budget for a motorcycle and they both get you from point a to point b and sometimes a Cadillac is just overkill and hard to fit into a parking place.

Dstosh
05-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I have two turfcos best thing I ever bought, I get calls just from people requesting edging only after they saw my edge.

Ditto. You can make pretty good money just doing edging. I think it is a great alternative to the pricey other units.

touhey33
05-07-2008, 09:47 PM
you should check out the trenchblade.
www.trenchblade.com

Hey Trenchblade, when are you going to have the blades that fit the curved shaft stihl edgers, also I cut away the guard on my stihl edger would I be able to fit the current trenchblade on it?

Trenchblade
05-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Hey Trenchblade, when are you going to have the blades that fit the curved shaft stihl edgers, also I cut away the guard on my stihl edger would I be able to fit the current trenchblade on it?

we have some now, i am just trying to get my Web guy to get the buttons up there on the order page. If you want to order some, just get the regular trenchblades on the site, then send ma an email saying that you want the blade for t6he curved shaft. The part that was hitting was on the inside of the guard, which part did you cut off?

KanAg
05-10-2008, 06:13 PM
purchased a 10pk of the trench blades, will let you know how they do on my echo edger.

JustCut
05-11-2008, 10:36 AM
I purchased a 10 pk and got 9 sent email and no response.:sleeping: This is my point, if you spend time talking up your company, let me help by telling of the great service I got once an error happened. opps I didn't get a response bummer.

BulldogPS
05-27-2008, 12:05 AM
I don't know if your looking for a machine to edge straight lines and along sidewalks, or to create new beds and reshape existing curved beds, but we love our Bluebird Bed Bug, very stable, amazing results. It was a little weird at first pulling it backwards but we got used to it quick. Not terribly expensive either for what it does, Home Depot sells them for about $2500.

JustCut
05-27-2008, 09:27 AM
It's great to hear back from a company and or person that has made an error and is willing to take care of the error. This happened by trenchblade. Thank you for your response and your concern. Your going to have a great company.
jc:clapping:

holly123
09-11-2008, 08:43 PM
how does this work for bed edging

JustCut
09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
how does this work for bed edging

I'm sorry to say....I don't know how the trenchblade works.....When the problem occured on the first order I thought it was going to be taken care of however, they dropped the ball a second time:confused:....and Im still waiting for them to take care of the problem..until then I still believe as I did when I ordered first that the trenchblade should be a great tool.
jc