PDA

View Full Version : ride on carrier

The mayor
04-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Anyone use one of these and have a price on one.
http://www.b-btech.com/Ride-on_Carrier_2.htm

sciturfman
04-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Just so happens I got a quote today for $950 delivered! I thought they might be a little cheaper than that, guess not.

The mayor
04-23-2008, 05:16 PM
That is up there, but I hate to pull a trailer just for a lesco spreader. I think I could use it for a plugger aerator also.

jbturf
04-23-2008, 08:27 PM
maybe its just the pics, but that thing looks very light duty and
flimsy, maybe have a solid one built for you--for that price

Shades of Green LService
04-23-2008, 09:32 PM
I've seen them in person, and they are very well made and you will not need to use tie downs.Good product.

RigglePLC
04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Rust on the steel is a big problem. Expanded metal is almost impossible to paint. Mine was custom built--it cost more than that.

MStine315
04-24-2008, 12:26 AM
I've been happy with my B&B rack. It's about a year old. Used everyday March through November. It is a little rusty but it never gets washed and I would expect it to be a little rusty considering it's environment.

Lbilawncare
04-24-2008, 12:34 AM
A friend of mine bought one for $800 at Lesco, they are built really well and do not require any tie downs. I have the original design which is aluminum and much lighter, I rarely use it though.

turf hokie
04-24-2008, 07:49 PM
I have one original lesco carrier and on B&B carrier. Use them both all the time. Rust has not been a significant issue after a couple of seasons. The B&B is infinitely better than the original that I have.

HOWEVER, I always strap my machine down. We lost a PG off the B&B on a bumpy road last year. It does not look like it could come off but it did.

MStine315
04-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Well, I greatly jinxed myself that night (4-24). My tech called me the next afternoon and texted me this picture. He was luckily able and resourceful enough to get the PG and rack into the back of the truck to get it back to the shop. I called Lesco and B&B and they were both very helpful. B&B said take it to a reliable welding shop and send them the bill. I was p***ed when I called, but his attitude completely calmed me down. The welding shop gusseted the frame and rewelded it. I'll try to get some pictures of that as well. I am also going to replace my receiver, as it has considerable slop in it, which I think contributed to this crack.

tremor
04-27-2008, 01:53 AM
Insurance companies love these things. Brake lights & license plates obscured. Dragging & scraping on driveways. I sold 3 Permagreens with carriers to the same LCO one year. Two fell off in the first 3 months. All three were retired by the season's end. Now they pull trailers.

Fine for an owner/operator but I wouldn't hand one over to the average high school drop out. No way.