PDA

View Full Version : long time Ultra users switching to Magnum

James Cormier
04-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey Guys, I finally upgraded to the Mag (Last fall) and starting to do some spraying this season. From the little bit of research Ive been doing it seems you all have been getting 50,000 sqft out of the 12 gallon tank, or roughly 4,000 sqft a gallon, is this accurate?

So I should be pumping out 32oz per K, which I believe is the same rate as the Ultra,no?

MStine315
04-24-2008, 12:29 AM
I think that is correct. The only difference is it's a 12 gal tank vs. an 8 gal. tank. I fill my nurse tank based on 10 gal. per acre FWIW.

teeca
04-29-2008, 08:18 PM
i can't stand my magnum!! i've put 100hrs on the thing in the last 3 weeks and it is soooo hard to get used to the damm thing... i like the 1gal fuel tank, the 150# hopper, and the 12gal tank, got used to the honda, but the spraying and the throttle cable are killing me! WTF?? were they thinking? this thing has beat'en the s**t out of me (my hands anyway) i thought the lever on the ultra for the throttle was unconfertable, but it was nothing like the bicycle controls on the magnum.

RigglePLC
04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
I am still using my Permagreen Ultra. I am using a bicycle brake cable for the throttle actuation--works fine. Perhaps you could have a motorcycle shop make a gas pedal for you. Try Orange County Choppers. You also need the throttle lock that someone on here invented and pictured last month.

I recently discovered if you unlock the handlbar lowering lever you can hold the handlebars in a "float "position. Your hands and wrists absorb a lot less shock when going over ruts and slight concrete bumps.

DUSTYCEDAR
04-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I run my throttle with 1 finger and its not to bad i do like the fast response of the old switch style spray rather then the new setup but i got used to it