PDA

View Full Version : My ride on spreader

humble1
04-23-2008, 11:32 PM
I took some pics the other day, have to find the cord to upload anyway have a problem. I took a ZTR mower put a truckster on the front, reostat(sp?) for speed throw control. I have a thumb switch for power to spinner, and another switch for the electric pump for the nozzle's 25 gallon tank 28-30 oz per 1000 sq ft. 12-14 foot wide spray.

The problem- the truckster has a pull lever to open. If the cable falls off it stays open, yeah that was fun.

I am trying to figure a way to use a squeeze operation sort of like a hand brake on a bike, you would have to squeeze it to shut it, open would be open, I would have to be able to lock it in the squeezed pos (shut) for transport. AAny suggestions?

robertsturf
04-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Humble I have a truckster that I modified with the regular hand lever from the walk-behind spreader and it works much better than with the rope. I had the same problem with it. The stupid thing fell off. The hand lever works great!! Good luck.

tremor
04-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Remove the rope operated contraption & replace it with a good PTO cable. You'll love it.