PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Quote This Mulch Job

jiggz
04-23-2008, 10:59 PM
hey everybody. Ive been cutting grass for a little bit now.. and im starting to get into doing a few small landscape jobs.. one of my customers wants me to mulch her beds.. its about 18 yards total.. in my area mulch is going for 29 a yard.. so i think im going to charge her like 80 a yard installed.. for a total of around 1500$ does this sound a little high?? and at what quantity do you guys start giving a price break if at all?

also i have to rake out all the beds.. id say theres probably 10 yards of mess i have to remove.. this is my main question what should i charge for this?? im figuring what ever the dump fee is plus 200 for my labor hows that sound?

thanks in advance

AndyTblc
04-23-2008, 11:03 PM
If you charge me $80/yard to put down mulch, and gave me a bill for that, I think my heart would probly give out. Can't you charge per hour to put it down. Plus traveling time, gas, and dump fee's. Instead of saying, I"m going to charge this much and thats my price. I would charge by hour, but thats just my opinion though.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
04-23-2008, 11:04 PM
We charge $125.00 per yard here in OH. How many guys will you have? You have to look at that as well. They don't work for FREE plus you have pre-emergent edging and weeding. Plus delivery of the mulch and your time to before and after you leave the property.