PDA

View Full Version : Carb. Problems???

dago52
04-23-2008, 11:59 PM
I have a 16hp briggs vangaurd on my Areins ztr. The mower was donated so I had to bring it back to life. I got it running, but I have to use starting fluid to start it for the first time. After it gets warmed up and try to recrank it, I still have to pull the choke to get it running. I only have to use the starting fluid if it sits up over night or when it is cold. I also put some seafoam in the carb., but that did not seem to help. I am thinking about pulling the carb., but want to make sure before I tear it down.

Thanks

dago52
04-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Anyone have any info???

LarryF
04-24-2008, 06:58 PM
I am thinking about pulling the carb.

Thanks

You know what to do. Do it!

Bill Kapaun
04-24-2008, 07:02 PM
IF this engine has a fuel pump, maybe the line is allowing the fuel to run back to the tank?

IF that carb has a drain screw, you might check it before you start to make sure there is fuel in the carb.
Also, mak sure the choke is being FULLY applied. Sometimes a cable can slip in the clamp.

dago52
04-24-2008, 08:17 PM
You know what to do. Do it!

I don't know what to do or I would have done it. I am thinking its a carb. problem, but just wanted some verification. I sometimes when you get into some old equipment things can get worse. I just need one season out of ths mower until I can get a new one.

I will check the carb. bowl for fuel and change the fuel filter while I am there. I checked the choke and it is closing all the way.

Thanks for the input