PDA

View Full Version : Rinsing sprayer

stressed
04-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Can you rinse a sprayer like a permagreen or skid sprayer at a carwash.I know your not just supposed to rinse it on the ground.I think carwashes have in ground holding tanks that they have to have pumped i wouldnt thin it would go to sewers

Lbilawncare
04-24-2008, 01:36 AM
NO ! The Dept of Ag would be on you like flies, read the label.

mngrassguy
04-24-2008, 04:05 AM
I use "tank cleaner" (nutralizes pesticides) and spray it on turf

stressed
04-24-2008, 10:06 AM
i mean the outside of unit.And what if you get caught in the rain i guess they excuse that cuz it happend naturly

mngrassguy
04-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I pressure wash mine but always on my lawn

YardBoss Lawncare
04-24-2008, 05:56 PM
The outside of the unit, yes. I do mine. The guy I bought it from has been spraying for a living since 91 and he told me he does his all the time too.

treemonkey
04-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Here in Michigan we have regulation 637 that covers proper rinse procedures and facilities. I don't have my literature handy, but I find it hard to believe that a public car wash would qualify as a pesticide rinse facility. I would imagine fines could be quite high.

I think some car washes recycle their water and others do drain to the public sewer.

I would check with your state regulations before risking fines and/or litigation.

And, concerning those tank cleaners, are you sure they "neutralize" the active/dangerous ingredients or do they just neutralize the corrosive (pH) effects of the pesticide.

treemonkey
04-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Here in Michigan we have regulation 637 that covers proper rinse procedures and facilities. I don't have my literature handy, but I find it hard to believe that a public car wash would qualify as a pesticide rinse facility. I would imagine fines could be quite high.

I think some car washes recycle their water and others do drain to the public sewer.

I would check with your state regulations before risking fines and/or litigation.

And, concerning those tank cleaners, are you sure they "neutralize" the active/dangerous ingredients or do they just neutralize the corrosive (pH) effects of the pesticide.

humble1
04-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Can you rinse a sprayer like a permagreen or skid sprayer at a carwash.I know your not just supposed to rinse it on the ground.I think carwashes have in ground holding tanks that they have to have pumped i wouldnt thin it would go to sewers

They have an oil seperator, some recycle the water, also bad for buisness