PDA

View Full Version : We are giving away 5 free Customized Sure Shot Sprayers!

Dano50
04-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Okay, here is the situation. We have several Sure Shot sprayers left in stock, complete with custom tip and guard, which we were selling on our website for $150 delivered.

They are quality pieces of equipment, but we received some complaints about their effectiveness at spraying Fluid Film. We decided to discontinue selling them because of the high cost to our customers, and our desire to provide nothing short of excellence. We now have them sitting around collecting dust. They are still a great alternative when air hook-up or electrical cords are a problem.

So, we are going to run a second contest parallel with the first. Remember, for a shot to win a full case of regular sized aerosol cans, just start a thread concerning Fluid Film (Be creative), and get the most responses by May 23rd to win. Here is a link (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=227405) for full instructions.

To win a Sure Shot sprayer with custom guard and tip, describe in this thread in 200 words or less what you use Fluid Film bulk for, how you are applying it now, and why you feel you should win one.

Also, post a pic using Fluid Film bulk on your equipment. We’d love to see a Fluid Film sticker in the pic, so if you need one, just PM me and I’ll mail one out for free.

The top five testimonials with pics will win a Customized Sure Shot Sprayer, and their winning entries will also be posted on our website. Contest begins today and ends on June 15, 2008. :cool2:

Supper Grassy
04-24-2008, 11:48 AM
This is a great idea..... but, i dont have any bulk

Dano50
04-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Buy some, my friend, and take your shot.

Lawn-Sharks
04-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Hey Dano50 i recieved the free sample you sent me(Thank you) and i love the product i was using it on "everything", and i like the smell too its not a chemical nasty stinky like others i have used(BTW im not a crack head paint sniffer) so people dont take that the wrong way about me liking the smell of Fluid Film.
I wanted to ask where did you besides mowpart.com where i can purchase full size cans from????(any local spots) also if you got some stickers you would like to send my way i would be more then glad to put them on my enclosed trailer to help get the name out there..

Dano50
04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
If you want some stickers, just PM me your mailing address and just verify that you want stickers. To find your closest dealer, just visit our website at www.fluid-film.com and look under the header, "How Do I Get It?" for your closest dealer. We are also sold nationally through John Deere farm equipment dealerships under their part #TY22032.

BTW, if you are going to take part in the contest, you will want to buy a gallon of our non-aerosol product for bulk applications.

Dano50
05-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Somebody take part in the contest! You are going to give me a complex. ;)

Lawn-Sharks
05-07-2008, 09:39 AM
I have used so many different brands and types of "Stinky" lubricants and rust preventers before, and by far Fluid Film has been the most effective, pleasant smelling lubricant i have ever used Period. I should mention that besides being an owner of a lawn & landscape business that i am also a EPA certified A/C Tech and Sheet Metal Journeyman and also have many years in the automotive field & drag racing. So when i say i use "Fluid Film" on everything you can take that to the bank! Here are some examples of what i have used Fluid Film on. Rusty exhaust bolts, engine fasteners, throttle springs & linkage, inside of hose assemblies, car and house door hinges’, Distributor cap (water prevention), electrical panel & drain pans of indoor A/C units, anything that squeaks in the house, lubricating drill chucks & drill bits, detailing engines (spray on for that new car shine), padlocks, tongue lock assembly on my trailers, rust preventer for freshly sharpened mower blades, mowers seat springs, tools, spray on spare tires to prevent dry rot (you know the one under your truck)
And these are only a few examples. I feel that i deserve to win one of your sprayers because I truly love the product and always trying to find different ways to use Fluid Film and I feel that by hooking me up with one of those snazzy sprayers will only help me in the dispensing of your fine product. Thank you!

Lawn-Sharks
05-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Here is a pic of my truck -N- Trailer. Check out the Fluid Film sticker!

Dano50
05-07-2008, 10:23 AM
We've got our first entry! Nicely done, informative and useful.

Thanks! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Raven386
05-13-2008, 11:19 PM
hmmmm... all the things I could coat with Fluid film if I had a new bulk sprayer, mine is getting kind of hard to carry around with me all the time.

Lawn-Sharks
05-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Ahhhh HA HA.......

Dano50
05-14-2008, 10:52 AM
hmmmm... all the things I could coat with Fluid film if I had a new bulk sprayer, mine is getting kind of hard to carry around with me all the time.

That's not our bulk sprayer! :laugh:

gene gls
05-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Okay, here is the situation. We have several Sure Shot sprayers left in stock, complete with custom tip and guard, which we were selling on our website for $150 delivered.

They are quality pieces of equipment, but we received some complaints about their effectiveness at spraying Fluid Film. We decided to discontinue selling them because of the high cost to our customers, and our desire to provide nothing short of excellence. We now have them sitting around collecting dust. They are still a great alternative when air hook-up or electrical cords are a problem.

So, we are going to run a second contest parallel with the first. Remember, for a shot to win a full case of regular sized aerosol cans, just start a thread concerning Fluid Film (Be creative), and get the most responses by May 23rd to win. Here is a link (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=227405) for full instructions.

To win a Sure Shot sprayer with custom guard and tip, describe in this thread in 200 words or less what you use Fluid Film bulk for, how you are applying it now, and why you feel you should win one.

Also, post a pic using Fluid Film bulk on your equipment. We’d love to see a Fluid Film sticker in the pic, so if you need one, just PM me and I’ll mail one out for free.

The top five testimonials with pics will win a Customized Sure Shot Sprayer, and their winning entries will also be posted on our website. Contest begins today and ends on June 15, 2008. :cool2:

Sure Shot sprayers are listed on the web for $23.00 to $ 80.00. Whats the differance in yours as you list it for $ 150.00????

Raven386
05-14-2008, 09:19 PM
That's not our bulk sprayer! :laugh:

its my own creation...I took the idea mostly from ghostbusters, they seemed to cover a large area with their guns so I figured with mine, I can spray atleast 2 gallons per minute. With that kind of gpm I can cover an entire truck in about 5-7 minutes, a lawn mower deck in 2 minutes.

Raven386
05-15-2008, 12:19 AM
I can use it to coat my plow every snow storm... or spray the clouds so the snow will fall more and faster...

Dano50
05-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Sure Shot sprayers are listed on the web for $23.00 to $ 80.00. Whats the differance in yours as you list it for $ 150.00????

We use the Sure Shot Sprayer Model A, which would run you around $50.00. We had to customize each sprayer with a Titan Reversible Tip and Guard, which would run you around $60.00 if you bought them separately. We then added the price for the connector, assembly and delivery.

Why are you complaining about the price when we are giving them away for free! :hammerhead:

Take part in the contest! :drinkup:

Lawn-Sharks
05-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Book'em Dano!

gene gls
05-15-2008, 09:32 PM
We use the Sure Shot Sprayer Model A, which would run you around $50.00. We had to customize each sprayer with a Titan Reversible Tip and Guard, which would run you around $60.00 if you bought them separately. We then added the price for the connector, assembly and delivery.

Why are you complaining about the price when we are giving them away for free! :hammerhead:

Take part in the contest! :drinkup:

I'm just asking what the differance was....Does the Fluid Film have to be thined to run through your sprayer? Thanks

Raven386
05-15-2008, 10:59 PM
You should contact Chuck Norris to advertise F.F.... Have him use it on his Total Gym.....or maybe spray his leg before his patented round-house kick!

Dano50
05-16-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm just asking what the differance was....Does the Fluid Film have to be thined to run through your sprayer? Thanks

No, it shouldn't, although if you need to you could thin it with vegetable oil.

Dano50
05-16-2008, 12:08 PM
You should contact Chuck Norris to advertise F.F.... Have him use it on his Total Gym.....or maybe spray his leg before his patented round-house kick!

Chuck Norris and Fluid Film: Now that's a tough combination to beat.

Raven386
05-22-2008, 10:20 PM
so.... tomorrow is the deadline... who wins?

Raven386
05-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Buy F.F in bulk and help save the enviorment! Buying it in bulk keeps you from having to buy 12+ cans and just tossing them in the recylcing bin.

DUSTYCEDAR
05-23-2008, 08:22 AM
I will have my entree in today

Dano50
05-23-2008, 05:36 PM
The deadline for the Sure Shot Sprayers isn't until June 15th. The Fluid Film thread contest was originally going to end today, but we've extended it to Monday, May 26th at midnight. Check out the contest thread for full details.

Raven386
05-24-2008, 10:13 AM
ooooooh. I should have probably read your first post in this thread :hammerhead:

herberg
05-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Fluid Film - My new favorite rust inhibitor / bolt loosener / dash polisher / tire dressing / and aftershave. Kidding on the last one, but seriously after my sample can I've been hooked. I bought a gallon of the Fluid Film bulk and have been putting it on everything. I have been using one of those sponge paint brushes, it works ok, but can get messy. The tri-vantage deck on my Exmark was great before, now it's even better. Haven't had to clean it out since I put the Fluid Film on. I've dressed all my tires with it, and they stay nice and shiny (doesn't attract dirt like that other tire dressing). Heck, I even coated my shovels with it, you'd swear they dig better than ever. Gave everything a quick brushing after sharpening, and now my spare blades don't rust while waiting for the current set to dull. If only i had a cleaner and easier way to apply it.....

Mickhippy
05-27-2008, 01:32 AM
What could we use to spray the bulk type FF (the small squarish can) ? Ive got a drum of it and nothing to spray it with!

Dano50
05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
What could we use to spray the bulk type FF (the small squarish can) ? Ive got a drum of it and nothing to spray it with!

The best way to spray the bulk Fluid Film is with an airless paint sprayer, like a Wagner. Any paint sprayer than can spray a latex paint will spray Fluid Film effectively. You could also use an undercoating gun.

Dano50
05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Fluid Film - My new favorite rust inhibitor / bolt loosener / dash polisher / tire dressing / and aftershave. Kidding on the last one, but seriously after my sample can I've been hooked. I bought a gallon of the Fluid Film bulk and have been putting it on everything. I have been using one of those sponge paint brushes, it works ok, but can get messy. The tri-vantage deck on my Exmark was great before, now it's even better. Haven't had to clean it out since I put the Fluid Film on. I've dressed all my tires with it, and they stay nice and shiny (doesn't attract dirt like that other tire dressing). Heck, I even coated my shovels with it, you'd swear they dig better than ever. Gave everything a quick brushing after sharpening, and now my spare blades don't rust while waiting for the current set to dull. If only i had a cleaner and easier way to apply it.....

Sounds good, now just post a pic! :drinkup:

JTF40
05-27-2008, 02:58 PM

"Dash polisher, tire dressing" ?????

C'mon - really? Either post some pics and/or explain this one. :usflag:

Supper Grassy
06-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Who are the winners?

Dano50
06-16-2008, 11:31 AM
LAWNSHARKS has won a free, customized Sure Shot Sprayer! Just PM me your shipping info and I'll have one sent out immediately!

Thanks for participating!!!

Lawn-Sharks
06-16-2008, 12:17 PM
LAWNSHARKS has won a free, customized Sure Shot Sprayer! Just PM me your shipping info and I'll have one sent out immediately!

Thanks for participating!!!

TRUE! TRUE! Thank you very much Dano.

44DCNF
06-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Congratulations Lawn-sharks.

Were you only giving one away in this contest Dano?

Supper Grassy
06-17-2008, 02:59 PM
I thought you were giving away 5

Congrats Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks
06-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Congratulations Lawn-sharks.

Were you only giving one away in this contest Dano?

Thank you!

Raven386
06-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey dano how come Lawn-Sharks didnt have to send you a signed blank check like I had to do?

& congrats Lawn-Sharks

Dano50
06-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Unless I'm wrong, there was only one legitimate entry. If I missed something, let me know.

Lawn-Sharks
06-17-2008, 03:08 PM
I thought you were giving away 5

Congrats Lawn-Sharks

Thank you!

Dano50
06-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Hey dano how come Lawn-Sharks didnt have to send you a signed blank check like I had to do?

& congrats Lawn-Sharks

Cause he wasn't looking for an autographed picture of me. Those are priceless, you know. :laugh:

Lawn-Sharks
06-17-2008, 03:09 PM

& congrats Lawn-Sharks

Thank you!

44DCNF
06-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Here (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=231938) was my entry.

Raven386
06-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Cause he wasn't looking for an autographed picture of me. Those are priceless, you know. :laugh:

hahaha! Im still waiting....

Dano50
06-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Here (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=231938) was my entry.

Oh Boy, do I have egg on my face. :hammerhead:

It's funny, because I did a search thinking there was another one. I just couldn't remember where it was.

My friend, a Customized Sure Shot Sprayer will be on its way! Just shoot me a PM with your shipping info and I will take care of the rest.

Thanks for the reminder! (God, I'm getting old).

Dano50
06-17-2008, 04:12 PM
hahaha! Im still waiting....

I haven't forgotten, I'm just waiting for the right moment. :rolleyes:

Supper Grassy
06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the reminder! (God, I'm getting old).

Dan I got you covered, i did not want him to get gypped, thats the reason i asked

Dano50
06-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Dan I got you covered, i did not want him to get gypped, thats the reason i asked

Sometimes I think we should put you on the payroll. Thanks Ryan!

44DCNF
06-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks so much Dano. And thanks to you too, Super Grassy. I have a 5 gallon pail ready to go, that I ordered recently.

Supper Grassy
06-17-2008, 07:08 PM
44DCNF

no problem, i wanted to make sure that you got what you deserved

44DCNF
06-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Yes sir, thanks for the sprayer Dano! I have yet to try it out with fluid film, but should get that done this weekend, with pics hopefully. I got it tuesday and used it right away to spray around the house and yard perimeter with something for the mosquitos (mouthwash...they had bad breath, lol) and to my surprise it actually kept them away for an hour and a half or so, while I hoed the garden and turned the compost pile. I am sure it is going to work out better for my mower deck, plow, and other uses, than the electric sprayer.
btw, had a router out today that hadn't seen light for a year or so. Fluid Filmed it and all the bits since it'll probably be tucked away for another year.
Thanks much.

Lawn-Sharks
06-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Thank you Dano! i got my sprayer yesterday, Cant wait to use it!

44DCNF
06-26-2008, 04:17 PM
I got more good use out of it today. It didn't take all of two minutes to spray down my plow. I wiped down these tools and sprayed the bits before putting them away. Another good use for Fluid Film. This nozzle gives a nice fan spray or a stream for pinpoint application. The stream came in handy for the pins on the rams and pivot point of the plow. Works like a dream. ]Three of you other members missed out on a sweet deal by not getting in on this.

Dano50
06-29-2008, 02:10 PM
You guys are quite welcome for the sprayers and I am glad to hear they are working out well! Thanks for participating in our contest and I hope you will continue to get involved with future ones!

Any suggestions for contests or newsletter subjects are always welcome. Just remember, post pics of your equipment being sprayed down with Fluid Film and we'll post it on our newsletter page!

Lazer_Z
06-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey Dano, What other new contests do you have up your little sleeve? I'd really like to try and win something. Although I could just go ahead with that original idea I came up with, remember? :D

Dano50
06-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Rob, that original idea would get you some serious merchandise. :drinkup:
We are always trying to come up with new ideas for contests. We'll have a new one up soon. Member suggestions are always welcomed!