PDA

View Full Version : Who all makes mechanical agitated spray rigs?

sedge
04-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanx John for the idea on the bean sprayer. Does any one else make a mechanical agitated sprayer?

yardprospraying
04-25-2008, 09:36 AM
John Bean Sprayers makes them. We have a 300 gal fiberglass skid unit with 2 reels on it that we use for r.o.w. apps. It is especially nice for the dry flowables that we use. We have even considered getting away from the lesco space savers, and using these units. They are expensive, but we have never had any problems with the pump or anything else in the 4 yrs we've had it. I think they make a 200 gal, but the extra 100 gal makes it nice, plus you don't have to fill it all the way if you don't need to.

If you have mechanical, you could pour your straight fert into the tank with no worry, the agitation with dissovle it. I replace diaphrams in one of our space savers twice a year! To me that is riddiculous. I really like the piston pumps, they last a lot longer than any diaphram pumps, imo.

BTW, we ordered our bean sprayer from a distributor out of tulsa. You can do a search, and ordered them online though.

John..

brizine
04-25-2008, 06:27 PM
The norman Lesco has a 300 gal mechanical agitation in stock. Call Brad up and tell him Brian sent you. Its a good rig I have the 200gal version.

yardprospraying
04-25-2008, 10:58 PM
The norman Lesco has a 300 gal mechanical agitation in stock. Call Brad up and tell him Brian sent you. Its a good rig I have the 200gal version.

What kind of pump does it have? The bean pump has got to be the toughest pump out there. I couldn't imagine having a diaphram pump that you have to repair every 3-6 months on one of our r.o.w. rigs. Of course a 300 gal fiberglass bean sprayer with a 8hp honda and 10 gpm pump will set you back around 6k, then you have to buy hose & reels.

ted putnam
04-25-2008, 11:38 PM
GNC industries in Pocahontas Arkansas makes a piston pump similar in design to the Bean.Long service life(years) with virtually no maintenance whatsoever. We used to have mechanical agitation(PTO driven) on the Chemlawn Tankers. When those bearings and seals would go out they were a total PITA to replace. I have a Udor R-70 20gpm pump that ROCKS when it comes to agitation. After having to deal with those 1100 gal tankers for so long I have no desire to have to deal with mechanical agitation and all the problems that can come with it.

brizine
04-26-2008, 02:08 AM
Mine has a hypro d-50, with a tuflex tank and stainless steel paddle with a 8hp. I only run d-30 and d-50's which are both diaphram pumps. I can count the times on one hand I have had to change the diaphrams in mid season. Hypro's are good reliable pumps for half the cost. And if you do have to change them its a hour job.

PHS
04-27-2008, 08:24 AM
You might talk to these guys too

http://www.minnesotawanner.com/

I ran a truck almost identical to the green and white one in the picture along with several others they had built and they were very well made. I have 2 bean pumps that I'm using now that are great but if they ever need to be replaced or I build another rig I'll probably go with a hydracell pump instead.

I have no desire to have to deal with mechanical agitation and all the problems that can come with it.

I agree with that (even though one my rigs has mech. ag.). With a good strong jet agitation I've even used difficult-to-suspend materials like powder blue without problems as long as the tank size isn't too big and the system has an oversized pump and plumbing.

What pumps were you guys using on the 1100gal trucks? Were those one big tank or divided?

ted putnam
04-27-2008, 02:37 PM
They were split fiberglass tanks. 800 in the front and 300 in the back. We sprayed a 4 gal rate with Bean pumps. PTO driven pumps, agitation and reels. There is a movie called"The Burbs". In one of the scenes a Chemlawn Tanker goes driving down the street. That was what we had. Overall a great setup.

buzzawhile
02-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Can anyone give me a tip on how to pull the head and replace the cups on a Bean R-55 3-cylinder piston pump? Are there specific torques or guidelines or do you just re-snug the bolts. Thanks!!

heritage
02-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Can anyone give me a tip on how to pull the head and replace the cups on a Bean R-55 3-cylinder piston pump? Are there specific torques or guidelines or do you just re-snug the bolts. Thanks!!

Buzz,

It is easy, and there is a proper way to do it and replace some crush washers also. Some different cups also available.

Best bet is to Call Bean, get a print from the Owners Manual, and Proper Replacement Parts.

Yes Torque to Spec and dont run the Pump Dry.

Fantastic Reliability.

P

ALATURF
02-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Graham lawn equipment in GA makes them. I have a 300 gallon split 100/200 with the bean pump and it has been a great unit.