PDA

View Full Version : Water soluable Potassium

RAlmaroad
04-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Could someone recommend a source for a water soluable Potassium nitrate? I've called Lesco, Andeson's and explained that I need Potassium nitrate rather than potash derived from clorine. It's hard to make them understand that all potash is not equal. I've pulled up so many labels that my eyes are blurry.
Thanks,
Roy

Ric
04-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Could someone recommend a source for a water soluable Potassium nitrate? I've called Lesco, Andeson's and explained that I need Potassium nitrate rather than potash derived from clorine. It's hard to make them understand that all potash is not equal. I've pulled up so many labels that my eyes are blurry.
Thanks,
Roy

Roy

Potassium Nite is actually made in Norway and sold to Israel who then has Norway ship it to the USA in their bags. Right now it is in short supply. SOP is also in demand but cheaper than Potassium Nite. It has no Chlorine.

BTW all percentage Numbers on a Fertilizer bag are Guaranteed Minimum except Chlorine which is a Guaranteed Maximum. A bag stating 2% Chlorine may not have any Chlorine.

tremor
04-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Miller Chemical has some very high quality potassium nitrate based blends. They are primarily marketed to the greenhouse & agriculture trades but because of the very low salt, there are many uses in the landscape.

greendoctor
04-26-2008, 02:17 AM
I get my greenhouse grade potassium nitrate from UAP. It is a fine powder that does not have any insoluble trash in it. It is intended for hydroponic solutions and use through injection systems. Except for the pesticides, much of what I buy and apply is actually fertilizers intended for greenhouse and hydroponic use. In your area, I would source solubles through the supply houses that work with nurseries. I should be so fortunate that the UAP branches in Hawaii also need to service nurseries. So soluble fertilizers are always available. It is just that I am the only LCO in Hawaii that uses them. Some of my loser aquaintances are always asking me to make solutions for grow room Maui Wowie. Forget it, if enough of that goes on, I can imagine solution grade fertilizers becoming extremely hard to get.

Ric
04-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Miller Chemical has some very high quality potassium nitrate based blends. They are primarily marketed to the greenhouse & agriculture trades but because of the very low salt, there are many uses in the landscape.

Steve

You say Pot Nite BLENDS??? Are you saying they are not 13.75-0-46. I am not familiar with Miller Chemical.

My cost of Pot Nite is now 150% of just December's prices and 250% of just a few years ago. I have an Excel spread sheet set up to calculate cost per thousand and cost per acre of each product. I just enter the current price. Sales Tax is even added to the cost. Little did I know when I wrote that program, How much I would use and need it.

tremor
05-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Miller's Sugar Express with Kelp extracts

4-10-40
4% Nitrate
with .5% Mg, 7.4% S, .10% FE, .02% B, .05% Cu, .05% Mn, .05% Zn

Max Chlorine .26%

Ric
05-20-2008, 02:17 PM

4-10-40
4% Nitrate

Max Chlorine .26%

tremor

I wouldn't mind having some of that for my tomatoes. Since the hurricane blew away my nursery that is about all I grow anymore. I believe that blend could be a stand alone fert for tomatoes.

RAlmaroad
05-21-2008, 08:12 AM

4-10-40
4% Nitrate

Max Chlorine .26%

tremor: Do you have a phone number for Miller's? Their website only has an address and nothing more. Thanks, Roy

GTP
05-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Ral,

I have some 0-0-50 from Regal that I believe is stated as maximum 2% chlorine based. I will look when I get home today.

RAlmaroad
05-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Ral,

I have some 0-0-50 from Regal that I believe is stated as maximum 2% chlorine based. I will look when I get home today.

Thanks G:
I can get soluable potassium nitrate at $50/50lb bag--not that bad. And, I have another soluble 23-0-23 thats great. I have a couple of lawns that have thin turf and would like to give them a little boost to thicken.
Let me know.
Thanks again
Roy

tremor
05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
My rep is Frank Rush but he'll refer you to us around here.

If you need to locate a rep in your area call:

Miller
PO Box 333
Hanover, PA 17331

717-632-8921