PDA

View Full Version : Over & out price at JDL

ftgulal
04-25-2008, 07:44 PM
I was just curious if this is just here. I purchased 1 bag of over & out for $19.25, went back 2 weeks later, was told it was on sale, buy 1 get 1 free. Great deal, so I wanted to purchase 4 bags total, that would be paying for 2 getting 2 free, they only had 2 so I got them and some other things. I thought the bill was too high but since they do not print prices on invoices, I had to wait for the invoice to hit the net. Their price had jumped from 19.25 a bag to 39.00 a bag, but they were giving you a free bag. Now how is that free. My local branch could never explain it to me and gave me some BS story and I have emailed JDL and have got no response in a week. They want us to buy from them, but want to rip us off when we do, great way for them to help us in such a tight economy. Just my opinion, and you better check those invoices.

sbvfd592
04-25-2008, 08:55 PM
JDL is kinda a strange biz. my jdl branch not the lesco one has a 23 yearold kid who dose all the counter stuff. he knows NOT A THING about what he is selling.

ftgulal
04-26-2008, 06:00 AM
The same here too

Ric
04-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Yo

The current kids working at my Local JDL-Lesco aren't too bad. But They have had some real rocket scientist in the past.

heritage
04-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I was just curious if this is just here. I purchased 1 bag of over & out for $19.25, went back 2 weeks later, was told it was on sale, buy 1 get 1 free. Great deal, so I wanted to purchase 4 bags total, that would be paying for 2 getting 2 free, they only had 2 so I got them and some other things. I thought the bill was too high but since they do not print prices on invoices, I had to wait for the invoice to hit the net. Their price had jumped from 19.25 a bag to 39.00 a bag, but they were giving you a free bag. Now how is that free. My local branch could never explain it to me and gave me some BS story and I have emailed JDL and have got no response in a week. They want us to buy from them, but want to rip us off when we do, great way for them to help us in such a tight economy. Just my opinion, and you better check those invoices.

We no longer use JDL/Lesco.

The previous 22 seasons with Lesco were very good.

There plan has changed....And so has ours.

Pete

lawnspecialties
04-26-2008, 01:29 PM
JDL is kinda a strange biz. my jdl branch not the lesco one has a 23 yearold kid who dose all the counter stuff. he knows NOT A THING about what he is selling.

Very similar situation to my local JDL but only a much older fella who also knows very little. Super nice guy but that doesn't help me, does it?

I still use Lesco for some things (sprayers, spreaders, certain herbicides, etc) but when it comes time to get a few thousand lbs. of fert., I go more local and get a much better deal.

Ric
04-26-2008, 01:30 PM

Pete

Pete

Even paying rip off retail prices, JDL-Lesco is a convenient 7-11 for in between deliveries.

heritage
04-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Pete

Even paying rip off retail prices, JDL-Lesco is a convenient 7-11 for in between deliveries.

Ric,

As of now, the only product I would pay the extra $$$ for is their 25 Lb. 20-20-20 Macron.

Most everything else there (for me) is just much higher than I am paying from my other suppliers, which get me product in 2-3 days.

Pete

Atlantic Lawn
04-26-2008, 04:49 PM
We don't get much from them these days. They still service loads of golf courses in our area.

jrc lawncare
04-26-2008, 04:53 PM

Pete I second that.