PDA

View Full Version : triamec mixture rate

pistol6
04-26-2008, 12:41 PM
I know the rate of mixture per acre etc. but what would the rate be per gallon for spot spraying/ TRIMEC.

pistol6
04-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Rate of mixture for Triamec spot spraying.

Tim Johnson
04-26-2008, 12:47 PM
read the label, but I think it 1.5oz per thousand square feet.

pistol6
04-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Tim I am just spot spraying. I am not to concerned about the square footage. I have spots of clover etc. and also have a sprayer for my wife in the flower beds. Thanks, Pete

heritage
04-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Tim I am just spot spraying. I am not to concerned about the square footage. I have spots of clover etc. and also have a sprayer for my wife in the flower beds. Thanks, Pete

4 oz gal.

Pete

Ric
04-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Rate of mixture for Triamec spot spraying.

pistol

Double check the calibration on your spot sprayer per thousand sq ft first.

This can be done by putting a know amount of fresh water gallons in your tank and blanket spraying a large area at the rate you would spot treat. Measure the area covered and do the math for a per thousand average. Do this a least twice to be to correct.

After you know your correct rate Divide the acre rate by 44 to find the per thousand rate and mix accordingly. As the weather warms up I will lower my rate to be sure I don't burn the turf. Calibration can be off a little but correct calibration can and will save you money. Calibration is cheaper than replacing turf or losing customers. I taught a class in materials calculation. One thing I saw was gross amounts of poor math skills. If you don't trust your math, get help.

RigglePLC
04-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Ric is right. Put a measured quart of water in sprayer. Spray cement until you run out. Measure the wet area to get the number of square feet covered per quart. Convert to sqft covered per gallon.

However it is usually easier to measure by adding the amount of weed killer (for example one ounce) for one thousand square feet. Then add the amount of water that will cover one thousand square feet, as determined above. (For example 64 ounces.) Mark it on the sprayer with permanent marker.

Ric
04-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Ric is right. Put a measured quart of water in sprayer. Spray cement until you run out. Measure the wet area to get the number of square feet covered per quart. Convert to sqft covered per gallon.

However it is usually easier to measure by adding the amount of weed killer (for example one ounce) for one thousand square feet. Then add the amount of water that will cover one thousand square feet, as determined above. (For example 64 ounces.) Mark it on the sprayer with permanent marker.

Riggle

"Ric is Right" really strokes my ego. Thank you.

The Cement Idea is great, I use black top streets for checking consistency of boom sprayers. However I believe the more area you spray the more actuate you applied rate of total material will be. I strongly suggest doing it several times to get a true average.

greenman099
04-27-2008, 09:51 AM
I know the rate of mixture per acre etc. but what would the rate be per gallon for spot spraying/ TRIMEC.

Just go with the mixing rate and spraying instructions for spot spraying on the label.

You can't really calibrate the spray rate on a hand-held or backpack pump-up type sprayer. The pressure isn't constant.

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-27-2008, 02:21 PM
I just carry the jug around and dribble a little bit of concentrate on each weed.