PDA

View Full Version : A couple of recent landscapes. One large, one small

ViceNut
04-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Here are some pictures of before and after of a couple of landscapes. One for a maint. client that bought a new house, built a pool, and wanted to re-landscape the front of the house, as well as put a big chunk in the back around the new pool, and thats what they did. I cant remember how many B&B trees total, but they included nellie's, carolina sapphires, wax leaf ligustrums,leyland, plum trees, and a few others. Along with some sabal and windmill palms.

The other is just a small job that we just finished for a builder we do work for. Waiting on the fence to get put in, but we are doing a flagstone patio and shrubs where the dirt still is.

ViceNut
04-26-2008, 07:14 PM
some more......

ViceNut
04-26-2008, 07:17 PM
and a few more...........

Carolina Cuts
04-26-2008, 08:04 PM
ya gotta good thing goin' on over there in GV~
Nice work, apparently alot of it... nice homes, some high end homes.... keep up the good work....

Looks like a little extra gas money every week isn't keeping your customers from spending some dough.

Buddy Buds
04-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Beautiful work, just great.:walking:

Chestnut Oaks Prez
04-26-2008, 09:13 PM
VN didn't like ridin that Walker all week, 1st of year I let him do landscaping and now he is happy. Doin a great job too!!!!:) I'm proud of you son!!!:clapping:

deere615
04-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Very nice work, that is one nice pool!

A-Land
04-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Did you do the stone work too on that pool deck, or were you just called in for the landscaping?

Toad
04-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Those are some great transformations, from blaugh to bling. Its a great idea to take pics of all the work you do over the years, to show future clients. You must even be amazed yourself when you look back on those pics, a great sense of accomplishment! Great job .

Lawnworks
04-27-2008, 12:41 AM
What is your method of planting the palms?

I like your selection of plants. Spacing looks perfect and good curb appeal.

CALandscapes
04-27-2008, 12:46 AM
We put in four sables the other day, booted not slick, though.

To answer Lawnworks question, we at least use a Bobcat and straps to move them in and get them in the holes, guys on the ground to help get the rootball right on target.

Work looks good, VN. Are you gonna add some more filler plants behind the pool?

blm86
04-27-2008, 12:47 AM
nice looking jobs

Lawnworks
04-27-2008, 01:08 AM
We put in four sables the other day, booted not slick, though.

To answer Lawnworks question, we at least use a Bobcat and straps to move them in and get them in the holes, guys on the ground to help get the rootball right on target.

Work looks good, VN. Are you gonna add some more filler plants behind the pool?

Yeah I have used forks and a chain on my Cat, and that works like a charm.

I talked one foreman for a large company out of SC, and he said he digs the hole twice as deep... fills the bottom half w/ gravel... then landscape fabrics and then sand. I think strapping the trees and then shoving a water hose into the back fill to get all of the air pockets out is key as well. I think the things that kills them is the air pockets, being planted to deep, and sitting in water. I haven't tried the gravel yet. I am going to do that on the next job in clay soil. The last ones I planted I planted pretty shallow, and they are doing great.

Just curious to what other people's methods are.

CALandscapes
04-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Never tried the gravel..

My guys "tamp" the soil/sand down with the back sides of shovels to get it nice and tight, and then use hoses to water it in further..

We've never had any problems (knock on wood).

ViceNut
04-27-2008, 02:32 AM
thanks for all the comments guys, and thanks prez. 'preciate it. :dancing: But to answer the palms question, we actually had the palms installed by the place we bought them. We planted a couple of windmill palms at prez's house a couple years back and they did amazing. They are huge now. But the place we bought the palms from would come out and mix their "special" compost in there with them, deliver, install, and give a 1 year warranty for the extra cost and it was well worth it.

As for the filler plants, I wanted to add some more in there but they were ready to get everything done and get rid of the red clay, so they held off on filler plants for now. But, the HO's went and picked up some double knock-out roses to put in between the palms. Should fill it in a decent amount without crowding it. I'm going to try to get some pics of the lighting we did on the back yard tomorrow right at dusk. We put up lights on all five palm trees, as well as the 5 plum trees along the back, and lit up the front of the house. I had a few pathway lights in the plan for the walkways on each side of the jacuzzi, but they wanted to cut back a little on the price, but for some reason I think they will be asking for some more lights not too awful long from now.

Toad, this is my first full year doing stricly landscaping, not mixing a little maint. with a little landscaping, so I am trying my best to take pictures of pretty much all the work we do. For sure the bigger transformations, but even the small ones too. Hopefully soon I can get around to getting a picture folder and get started before I get too far behind on it and never catch up. :laugh:

DLAWNS
04-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Those jobs look awesome. Keep it up.

A-Land
04-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Where did you guys get your training for all that? I mean a lot of people can B.S. work and have it look good, but there is no way an amateur can B.S. that kind of work. Looks fantastic!

ViceNut
04-27-2008, 04:32 PM
thanks guys, I mean, I've been doing landscaping/maint. for about the past 5 years I guess. But nothing before really to amount to any landscape of this size, thats for sure. I just take a lot of pride in my work, and if Im not impressed with it, I won't leave until I am. There are a bunch of companies around here that dont have the best reputation, and I want to do everything I can that makes people say "man, he's young but he does beautiful work and really takes pride in every job." Im fixing to turn 22, so I've got a long ways to go and a lot to learn. Not looking to be the biggest, but definitely striving to be the best.

CALandscapes
04-27-2008, 05:08 PM
thanks guys, I mean, I've been doing landscaping/maint. for about the past 5 years I guess. But nothing before really to amount to any landscape of this size, thats for sure. I just take a lot of pride in my work, and if Im not impressed with it, I won't leave until I am. There are a bunch of companies around here that dont have the best reputation, and I want to do everything I can that makes people say "man, he's young but he does beautiful work and really takes pride in every job." Im fixing to turn 22, so I've got a long ways to go and a lot to learn. Not looking to be the biggest, but definitely striving to be the best.

I couldn't have worded it better myself, VN..

To walk off a job, look back and see its beauty, and realize that you put 100% into it is a feeling that is unrivaled by any other.

Green Team Landscaping
09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
How do you get those rock walls almost perfectly rectangular without ant bulging more than the other? Like on the hot tub you guys did.

Junior M
09-02-2008, 10:20 PM
no during pics?

STIHL GUY
09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
looking good