PDA

View Full Version : Stripe pics

Accu-cut Lawn Care
04-27-2008, 01:31 AM
This property is located in Soddy Daisy, Tn. The homeowner was tired of bermuda encroaching into his fescue; So, I round-uped 3 acres of it on 9-1-07... And aerated, fert., limed, and seeded on 9-15-07 with Lesco Teammate seed blend(my signature grass). The lawn is irrigated; but, only when lake levels are up... usually 5-15 to 11-15.

LawnTamer
04-27-2008, 01:46 AM
Those are some of the most well defined, beautiful stripes I have ever seen. Congrats!:clapping::clapping:

greenbaylawns
04-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Those are some of the most well defined, beautiful stripes I have ever seen. Congrats!:clapping::clapping:

I agree very nice work. If only all customers could see the potential

Accu-cut Lawn Care
04-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Thanks Tamer. The hills make that yard difficult to stripe... But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm going to take some more pics next week... after I burn my other pattern in. It'll look even better. Thanks man.

Toad
04-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Very nice! Is that a cold weather grass, what is it made up of mostly, looks like bluegrass stripes like it anyway. I love the color of that grass, and it stripes well.

DLAWNS
04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
what kind of mower did you use to stripe that. It looks amazing.

LawnTamer
04-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Did you use your pro-slide? I have heard they leave monster stripes.

lifetree
04-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Accu-cut -- Congratulations, those are very nice stripes !! It's good to see that some in our area appreciate a nice lawn.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
04-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys. The seed mixture is 80% tri fescue blend and 20% per rye. The mower used is a Hustler 2760 xr-7 super z with a stripe roller. What makes it stripe so well is the fact that I am VERY methodical about raking the deck 1/6 of an inch lower in the front. I true it up every two weeks. Next week, I'm going to do 10' stripes perpendicular to what you see now. It should be pretty nice. I'll dig around for some more pics, too.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
04-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Did you use your pro-slide? I have heard they leave monster stripes.

Nope, didn't use the proslide. Infact, that mower hasn't even been started up this year. I only used it on one account... that I dropped two months after starting due to non-payment. It does stripe well, though... Maybe even a bit too well. The aggressive nature of the matt folding the grass over erases any kind of checkerboard that would have been possible with rake or conventional stripers.

LawnTamer
04-27-2008, 11:06 AM
It does stripe well, though... Maybe even a bit too well. The aggressive nature of the matt folding the grass over erases any kind of checkerboard that would have been possible with rake or conventional stripers.

Good info, I was thinking about getting a Pro-slide, haven't just because of the price, but I wouldn't like not being able to checkerboard lawns, that is what striping is all about.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
04-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Good info, I was thinking about getting a Pro-slide, haven't just because of the price, but I wouldn't like not being able to checkerboard lawns, that is what striping is all about.

What are you cutting grass with? If you have a ztr, one of the best stripers you can use-make is a chain striper. They do a very good job at laying the grass down. The only drawback to those is that you can not lift them up in areas that a stripe is not wanted. IE, continuing a stripe through a tree or obstacle etc,etc. An alternative to proslide like stripes on a wb would be a simple flap mounted on the back of your sulky. That would be less aggressive and better for the grass, too.

Lawn Enforcer
04-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Oooo....hot stripes!

deere615
04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Those are some very nice stripes

pdenney11
04-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Job well done, great looking stripes.

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-28-2008, 02:30 AM
That is just, flat out, amazing...

mhussey
04-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Accu-cut,

Keep an eye out for the Bermuda to surface again. Reason I say that is becuase it came back on me, with extreme vengence and is now larger than what I started. Being you have irrigation helps, just wanted to give you a heads up.

mhussey
04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Forgot to add to the my first post. Very nice looking turf Accu-cut. Nice and straight stripes as well. I know hills are a little tricky, but I feel they add some character to a stripe. Very nice. Keep up the good work.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
04-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Accu-cut,

Keep an eye out for the Bermuda to surface again. Reason I say that is becuase it came back on me, with extreme vengence and is now larger than what I started. Being you have irrigation helps, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Ditto. One of the best things to do to keep bermuda out is to cut at proper heights. Hoc at this account is 4". That, alone, does a good job at suppressing hot season undesirables. Some return encroachment is expected... but, it won't be as prolific as it has been in the past. Small patches can be spot treated as they come, too. This lawn is one of my babies... So, I'm going to do everything I can to keep it pristine and pure. The homeowner has given me free reign to do anything I think neccessary to keep it popping. I can't wait for fall to seed and aerate again. Since I already have a good stand of turf after the total roundup last fall, I can only imagine what it's going to look like after round 2!

tls22
04-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Nice lines!:cool2: very nice

02DURAMAX
04-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Nice Stripes!!!!

ATouchofGrass
04-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Nice stripes!

slclawn
04-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Very nice i like seeing good work even in my own area i will look at a lawn and say they did a good job. GOOD JOD keep it up man.

qusix
04-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Those stripes really are beautiful. It kind of makes you want to get out there an d just mow lawns.

lawnboy858
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Nice lines.

That is some of the nicest grass I've seen in a long time.

Petr51488
05-01-2008, 10:24 PM
1 word.. wow!

packey
05-01-2008, 11:40 PM
I have been cutting and stiping a while and that is just plain awesome work. Will you come cut mine:) How do you like that hustler? I demoed one for the first time last week and was realy impressed with it.

mlyons1
05-02-2008, 07:08 PM
i been mowing for 20yrs those are the prettiest stripes i have ever seen.did you have a striping kit if not than what do you have?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
05-02-2008, 11:12 PM
i been mowing for 20yrs those are the prettiest stripes i have ever seen.did you have a striping kit if not than what do you have?

That's a Hustler stripe roller... and a little something else:). Read the first page... and I believe I list what I'm using. Thanks

Accu-cut Lawn Care
05-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys, for all the compliments! I just mowed that lawn today with a new pattern... 10 foot stripes. Next week, I'll burn it in and take some pics. It looks REALLY good. I'm very happy that this lawn took off so well. I was nervous about the roundup-seeding job last fall; but it came together nicely... So well that the homeowner insisted that he pay me more for maintenance!

chrisvinky
05-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Awesome stripes. I need to do the same thing to my yard this fall. I have a terrible time with bermuda popping up.

I was going to do it last year but chickened out. I couldn't hardly stand the thought of killing all of my grass!

Did you just spray it one time? I have heard the best way to get rid of bermuda is to start in late summer and spray it, water it real good to get it coming back again and....BAM, hit it again. Do this about three times and then reseed.

When you reseeded, did you till it up or overseed with a slitseeder?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Awesome stripes. I need to do the same thing to my yard this fall. I have a terrible time with bermuda popping up.

I was going to do it last year but chickened out. I couldn't hardly stand the thought of killing all of my grass!

Did you just spray it one time? I have heard the best way to get rid of bermuda is to start in late summer and spray it, water it real good to get it coming back again and....BAM, hit it again. Do this about three times and then reseed.

When you reseeded, did you till it up or overseed with a slitseeder?

I just did one roundup app on this property. To multi spray... you would need to start in July... I don't think it's neccesary. Bermuda is always going to come back... but, when you at least spray it once, it will be suppressed. Then, the little patches can be spot treated with selective as they come. The topsoil is so good at this property, I did not have to slitseed. I aerated... broadcasted seed at 4 lb per k... aerated again... then seeded again at the same rate.