PDA

View Full Version : One of my wants.

coalburner
12-09-2001, 12:18 AM
Air-conditioned cab on a “Z”.

I love the smell of fresh cut grass, but I would really love the smell of dust, and pollen free air. Bobcat makes a cab I think it wouldn’t be to hard for a “Z” company to make one. Horsefly’s eat me up during the summer I would buy a cab model just for that reason. No earplugs, nice stereo sound, that would be nice to.

Is there one made that I don't know about?

LAWNGODFATHER
12-09-2001, 04:55 AM
Try Curtis (http://www.curtiscab.com/snow_plows.html)

awm
12-09-2001, 09:02 AM
try avon skin so soft on exposed skin.

HOMER
12-09-2001, 09:16 AM
You sure your in the right business?

No dust
No pollen
No bugs

Good luck!:confused:

mdb landscaping
12-09-2001, 10:51 AM
you could become the "bubble boy" of the lawncare industry

Albemarle Lawn
12-09-2001, 03:57 PM
This winter I'm considering fitting one of my Gravely 260Z machines with a 6-channel Futaba and heavy-duty servos.

The force used to move ZTR handles is mostly used to counteract the springs and gas-filled shocks on the controls. It takes next to no energy to move the hydrualic arms at the pumps.

Then I could remove the entire canopy and seat. One of the channels would run the Throttle, one the PTO, one left pump and one right pump, one emergency kill, and one for the machine gun turret where the seat used to be.

Oh...was this thread about air conditioned cabs?

Yes gentlemen, I'll be in the air conditioned cab of my truck:blush:

Ken

coalburner
12-09-2001, 08:10 PM
LAWNGODFATHER thanks for your usefull response.

mowerman90
12-09-2001, 11:20 PM
Coalburner,

Maybe 6 - 8 years ago (maybe longer) the St Petersburgh Times ran a feature article about a lawn care owner that fitted his Dixie Chopper with an air conditioned cab. It was all custom built and from what I can remember the air cond compressor was off of a car. I believe he had windshield wipers so he could mow in the rain also. Of course it was equipped with a stereo. I've often wondered what happened to him and his creation, usually during particularly hot humid days in August when I can't wait to get home and jump in the pool. I imagine the biggest problem would not be fabricating the cab, but finding the right combination of componets to make the air and/or heater. You might want to try some of your local air conditioner shops and ask if it's possible. One thing I know is that you'll need either an aux engine to power the compressor or a 25HP or more to power it and the mower.

Albemarle Lawn
12-09-2001, 11:31 PM
2002 Corvette ZO6

405 stock horsepower- that's BEFORE I start the mods!!!

Ken

coalburner
12-10-2001, 12:09 AM
I really like the new bobcat cab. I guess it sort of spoiled me. There is nothing like running it all day and getting out clean. I think it is just a matter of time before a factory mower with a cab will be built.

My other wants.

A local KeyStone dealer.
A new gooseneck trailer.
A T190 with a cab
A 4" lift kit for my 01 F350 PSD

and a Wonderfull Holiday Season for all.

My wife said she wanted a Corvet to.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-10-2001, 01:28 AM
Well with the techknology now, you could fit it with an electric RV a/c unit.

Pulls low amps.

coalburner, not always but I do try to help.

I'm not sure they have one, but they may be able to make one for you.

Grassman
12-10-2001, 02:07 PM
Mpwerman, I remember that article too and even saw it on channel 8 news. I believe it was a front -mount Grasshopper though. Russ