PDA

View Full Version : SO.... Where is the secret squirrel Turfco ride on??

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
04-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Whatever happened to Bad A$$ super secret squirrel ride on sprayer/spreader from Turfco. All the hype & hoopla... What it all just a myth?:confused:
Nothing on the website & nothing from those who were supposedly going to be at the "grand unveiling" weeks ago????

Real Green
04-27-2008, 07:02 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=225324

Start reading...

turfsolutions
04-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Strangely enough I had a dream last night about an unmanned gps controlled spreader that I watched apply a step to a lawn then hook back up to the truck while the operator sat in the comfort of his truck. Of course he had to get out and blow off the driveway and walkways, unless it was chemlawn, then the could have just stayed in the truck and gone to the next lawn.:)

turfcobob
05-01-2008, 01:51 PM
If he had been using the Turfco 3000 he would not have had to blow off the sidewalk and drive. But, He would have to drive it rather than nap. Unit does a great job of keeping fert off walks and drives.
To Libertylandscaping, they are out there. Turfco is shipping every week to somewhere but, we are asking customers to keep it low key for just a bit longer. We have our reasons. You can send me a phone number and I will call.
Turfco Bob

robertsturf
05-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Frankly I am bored to tears with all the hush,hush business of the spreader. It still reminds me of the Loch Ness monster. Some have claimed to see it!! Frankly I am from the Show-Me state, so shut up with all the hype and area 51 stuff and let us see some pics....

PSUTURFGEEK
05-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I agree way to much hype based on a disposable piece of equipment to be used 5-6 times a year for a few weeks at a time weather permitting of course. Say what you want about my Disposable comments but that's my opinion, I have gone through many of pg's and z sprays and other similar machines, I add one to the fleet, and after a couple of weeks on the road it's paid off and then I really Don't think much about the next one.

sprayboy
05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
It's very top secret. If you find out they will kill you and hide your body so it can never be found. I'm glad i'm not waiting because I am getting work done, not sitting on my a$$ waiting on the mystery of the century.

As I said before....what a freaking joke.

americanlawn
05-01-2008, 10:40 PM
It's very top secret. If you find out they will kill you and hide your body so it can never be found. I'm glad i'm not waiting because I am getting work done, not sitting on my a$$ waiting on the mystery of the century.

As I said before....what a freaking joke.

Not sure what you mean by a 'freaking joke':confused:. Since this unit is not 'top secret':confused:, I'm wondering why you haven't arranged to try one out:hammerhead:? "Sitting on my ass" -- that's what we 'used to do' on rainy days when we relied upon "other" ride-ons:laugh:. "Mystery of the century":dizzy:??? We have been using one for several weeks.....please let us know if we're wrong:confused:???

If you are truly interested in this unit, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS.............pick up the phone. It's that simple.:laugh:

Real Green
05-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Not sure what you mean by a 'freaking joke':confused:. Since this unit is not 'top secret':confused:, I'm wondering why you haven't arranged to try one out:hammerhead:? "Sitting on my ass" -- that's what we 'used to do' on rainy days when we relied upon "other" ride-ons:laugh:. "Mystery of the century":dizzy:??? We have been using one for several weeks.....please let us know if we're wrong:confused:???

If you are truly interested in this unit, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS.............pick up the phone. It's that simple.:laugh:

All I can say is, Amen...

FdLLawnMan
05-02-2008, 12:19 AM
It's not top secret because if you email Bob at Turfco and you are in my area we can maybe hookup and I can show you one.

humble1
05-02-2008, 12:22 AM
If he had been using the Turfco 3000 he would not have had to blow off the sidewalk and drive. But, He would have to drive it rather than nap. Unit does a great job of keeping fert off walks and drives.
To Libertylandscaping, they are out there. Turfco is shipping every week to somewhere but, we are asking customers to keep it low key for just a bit longer. We have our reasons. You can send me a phone number and I will call.
Turfco Bob

Dont you think that you may be losing sales, people that might have held out for your unit, but instead you are not putting it out there and guys buy other machines instead of yours. Im not one to like losing sales, why would you?

PSUTURFGEEK
05-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Very good point, just bought a few of the new Magnums with the spyker hopper and gears, awesome machine.

NattyLawn
05-02-2008, 05:00 PM
All I can say is, Amen...

Are you wearing a Victorino jersey in your avatar?

Real Green
05-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Are you wearing a Victorino jersey in your avatar?

Haha, no. It is actually the number 9 with my last name on it. Phillies fan I presume?

NattyLawn
05-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Haha, no. It is actually the number 9 with my last name on it. Phillies fan I presume?

Yes sir....Hopefully the best April in years leads to some more winning.

americanlawn
05-02-2008, 08:23 PM
sprayboy -- sorry if I was sarcastic on my above response, but I wanted to make my point. Turfco Bob & I are pushing TURFCO to bump up the date when pics, etc. can be published We'll see, but this will happen soon -- no matter what. (hopefully sooner than later). The price is $8495.00. IMO the T3000 outperforms any other ride-on. Great spread patterns (more than one spread width to choose from) and very fine spray patterns (also more than one to chose from). Plenty of spray to kill even the hard-to-kill weeds. All this on one unit, and it's fast, versatile, and accurate. It's the best unit we have ever tried. Creeping Charlie...no prob. And this unit is fast (I already said that). Lots of horsepower too (actually more than enough). Takes hills like they weren't even there.

Previously I ran a PG every day. Now I wonder what they are good for. Z-Spray units too. I have tried PG Ultras & Magnums as well as Z-Spray Max & Junior. They do not compare. Nice thing about the PG units is you can haul them on a carrier rack, but they suck in many other ways. Same with Z-Spray units...cumbersome, and they won't ride on a pickup carrier rack safely....not to mention their "traction on hill problems".

TURFCO's "T3000" is perfect for large properties as well as small lawns (I've used it on 4000 sq ft lawns as well as 365,000 sq ft properties so far). I haul it on a carrier rack behind my 3/4 ton GMC pickup truck. Ease of use, accuracy, reliability, durability -- oh yah. Plus, you can run it all day long without refilling the gas tank.

I hope the above gives some detail without giving out too much info until TURFCO "lets it all out" soon. BTW a LCO in our state will be demoing our unit this weekend (currently has a Z-Spray).

Thanks all, M.:waving:

PSUTURFGEEK
05-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I just hope for your sake they are paying you well for that infomercial, it's actually almost sadly funny and scary all at once. Hey man I hope this machine is what finally gets you where you need to be but as for the rest of us we will be fine. No offense I've just had really bad experiences with Turfco aerators while working as a technical advisor for a national lawn care company, just not a pleasant experience I'll leave it at that.

NattyLawn
05-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Is there a demo available in PA? I'd like to check this thing out.

Real Green
05-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Is there a demo available in PA? I'd like to check this thing out.

Natty, the closet unit you have is me in Dover, Delaware. I am here in the office and at the showroom all weekend if you want to come down and give it a shot. We have a tree farms and lawns right here at our Garden center that you can try it out on. PM if you are interested.

Real Green
05-03-2008, 10:12 AM
I just hope for your sake they are paying you well for that infomercial, it's actually almost sadly funny and scary all at once. Hey man I hope this machine is what finally gets you where you need to be but as for the rest of us we will be fine. No offense I've just had really bad experiences with Turfco aerators while working as a technical advisor for a national lawn care company, just not a pleasant experience I'll leave it at that.

I am sending an open invitation to you as well, to make you a believer. PM if you would like to arrange to meet. Take care Turfgeek.

FERT-TEK
05-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Whatever happened to Bad A$$ super secret squirrel ride on sprayer/spreader from Turfco. All the hype & hoopla... What it all just a myth?:confused:
Nothing on the website & nothing from those who were supposedly going to be at the "grand unveiling" weeks ago????

It doesn't exist

Real Green
05-03-2008, 12:04 PM
It doesn't exist

Your right, it doesn't exist. In fact there ISN'T a machine that is NOT right near you in Illinois. Whatever you do, DO NOT pick up your phone (that doesn't exist) and actually call TURFCO (which is a MADE UP company) to make sure that you DO NOT take the time to see this machine.

One a side note: You should see my technician on this fake machine, he just levitates back forth over the lawns on his route all day long! It's incredible!

sprayboy
05-04-2008, 09:46 PM

Not intersted in driving miles and miles and miles to see something that I can not even see a pic of.
What makes this thing so much better that you can use it on rainy days? Does it have a heat/drying system so you can get weed control? Does it have an enclosed impeller/drop system, not seen to many times that it doesn't get all gummed up. You've been around the industry as you say, you know the problems rain and fog or moisture causes.
If Turfco is wanting to keep this thing such a mystery or secret than why are they letting everyone that has seen it blab about it all over the internet?

I am not interested in buying another machine as I am perfectly happy with my Z-Spray. I get excellent weed control and a very nice spread pattern. The machine is very reliable and has not broke down. Oh I forgot, I had a tension spring break on the hydro drive last year. Not a problem as the springs on the boom are the same, quick change and on my way.

Just post the pics and specs of the mystery machine and I'm sure this subject will die. Unless it looks like some of the other junk machine that have been on this forum.

I'm not trying to be an a$$ about the matter, just tired of hear about something that most people don't think exists.

LushGreenLawn
05-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Its been said many times that there have not been enough machines produced to go around. What happens when Turfco spends tons of money marketing this machine (and we all know a national marketing campaign costs alot) and they only have a few built to offer for sale?

The machine is not supposed to be out yet. If you read americanlawns origional post about this (The one from WAY back) he says that Turfco did not want him revealing any info about this machine. This is why, because of exactly whats happening now.