PDA

View Full Version : Walker Mower Feedback

MIDDLESEX LANDSCAPE CO.
04-27-2008, 10:12 PM
I am interested in the walker mower do to the avalibility of using it durring all 4 seasons, i need something that stripes well and sucks up the debris on the lawns.

Only thing i am hesitaint about is that I hear they dont go fast ,

can anyone give there experiances with walker good and bad point

rick

nosparkplugs
04-27-2008, 10:30 PM
i sold my Billy Goat HTR1600 to someone on this website since our Walker purchase last season;because the Walker is more efficient at mulching leaves & does not require two employee's to operate like a Billy Goat. The result? Walker has allowed us to reduce our labor costs while taking on more accounts, I also just got a 62" SD deck, and will be able to run both a 42"GHS deck & 62"SD deck with one tractor. Also nothing can provide a better manicured vacuumed look period. To address the speed issue, the rabbit & hare analogy applies here. While the Walker may be slower to a "midmount" speed demon, the Walker slower pace does not require a double cut, also the front mounted deck & ability to trim with both sides of the deck or under fences or trees, shrubs etc makes the Walker faster in the end. It's compact design; height, width, lower operator position makes it possible to enter & exit a 42" gate with the smaller GHS decks or with an optional wide area SD deck can manage large acre accounts. The finger tip persion control & Forward speed (cruise control) reduces operator fatigue no "pushing" your arms forward like other ZTR's. The only negative, I waited 7 years to purchase a WALKER MT, and their not a heavy rough cut mower; however you can rough cut if your careful