PDA

View Full Version : International pickup truck

Bunton Guy
12-09-2001, 03:15 PM
My moms Uncle has told me that if I want I can have 2 of his old pickup trucks. When I told a friend what kind they were he suggested that I restore them to new condition and sell them...he said they were rare...I dont know if there is a web site that talks about these or sells parts...or even a chat board for these collector cars and trucks. The models im not to sure of all I know one of them is a 1950's? model and the other is in the 60's
I personally never see there old trucks on the road. Does anyone know how much these are worth after restoration ?

thelawnguy
12-09-2001, 03:45 PM
At least around here, they are rare because they rotted away fairly quick. Parts may be tough for a pickup, though you should have no trouble locating stuff for Scout and Travelall. If there are things that would interchange then you should be ok.

CT18fireman
12-09-2001, 04:54 PM
We have a 60 International for our Brush Truck. Custom Body on the rear. Thing will go anywhere. They have talked about replacing it. I think every member will want to buy it when that occurrs. They really do not build em that way anymore.

12-09-2001, 05:54 PM
Compared to Ford/Chevy pickups of that era, the Internationals weren't as common when new, so they're even less common now.

In terms of restoring them as an investment, probably won't make any $ selling 'em.

In terms of restoring them as a neat older truck to have, they would make an interesting project.

landscaper3
12-09-2001, 07:29 PM
NEED LOOK no more Hemmings motor new specialize in rare cars and trucks. I think there web site is www.hemmingsmotornews.com ? Its the bible to all your antique auto needs.

Andy Miller
12-09-2001, 09:15 PM
I had several of these trucks from the 60's. One was a 1/2 with a V-8 and the other was a 6 cyl. Both of them had drive trains that would not stop. Downsides are rust. Bad rust everywhere. The parts for the pickups have not been made in years. Every year at the Cars and Parts Springfield show they have a huge International truck show. I have seen parts there. I would not recommend restoring them unless you are a welder. These trucks have low resale appeal.