PDA

View Full Version : What Type Of Grass Killer Do You Use?

J&J Customs
04-28-2008, 04:28 PM
So im trying to kill grass that grows up alongside the curb and the asphalt of the street and round up seems like its not working that well. What is some other extreme grass killers for taking care of the grass growing along the curb or little spots of grass growing in walkways or even driveways? My largest commercial account has a really bad problem with the grass growing in cracks of asphalt and areas around gas and water meters and even my residental yards are starting to have this problem and Ive never had this problem before. Give me your 2 cents on some grass and weed killers.

heritage
04-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Roundup.(Glysophate) Thats all I will ever use for this.

Double Check your AI % of Glysophate.....Did you mix it strong enough???

You can add Ammonium Sulfate Per Label, for a quicker kill too when cold.

Make sure there is no "Diquat" active ingrediant, for rapid kill.

Be patient with good ole' roundup in the cooler weather...works slower, but works best AND very safe to any roots of trees nearby.

Pete

tamadrummer
04-28-2008, 08:15 PM
For my own yard and my in-laws, we went in halves on a 2.5 gal jug of Credit Extra (NuFarm brand Round-up) 41% Glyphosate

I mix it at 2oz per gal of water and it seems to work just fine in my flower beds and at keeping the purslane out of the cracks of my driveway.

I don't know how it is working for my father-in-law. I don't think he will mix it at the right concentration and will try to do the "more is better" thing.

It defiantly takes 4 or 5 days to see good burn down with the stuff, unlike with he branded Round-up which you would see working in 2 or 3 days.

Hope this helps.

Nosmo
04-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Add a teaspoon of liquid soap to each gallon of Glysophate and it will act as a surfactant (lower the surface tension of the water and make it stick to the grass).

Add a teaspoon to each mixed gallon you make up. Some chemicals come with a notice on the label (With Sticker). With sticker means that a surfactant has been added by the manufacturer.

Roundup and the generics will work better when the temperatures begin to stay warmer (about 70 degrees) at night.

Nosmo