PDA

View Full Version : ez-dumper

iski3d
12-09-2001, 09:13 PM
Has anyone had experience with using an ez-dumper dump insert on a pickup truck? How did you like it?

LJ lawn
12-10-2001, 12:42 AM
are you are referring specifically to the brand "ez-dumper"? i bought a DEL hydraulics unit for my pickup, theirs is called the little tipster.this one has a teliscoping hydraulic piston mounted in the front of the dump bed. the "ez dump"model has a scissor -type lift setup (like a scissor jack) mounted under the center of the dump bed.i spoke to a few people who have the ez dump model and didn't like it too much (slow to lift a heavy load and kind of shakey when fully lifted)i would look into either the DEL or a truck -craft model.i 've been using mine for the whole season and it's been working fine.check ot their website at: www.delhydraulics.com

LAWNGODFATHER
12-10-2001, 12:59 AM
No!! but I do know it has been discussed in the truck forum.

Search results for ez dumperclick here (http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=49726&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

SCAPEASAURUSREX
12-10-2001, 05:57 PM
iski3d...

Have not used the Ez dumper myself , I have a Truck Kraft.. and I love it.. It's a little small now, but when I got it it was more than enough... It has alot of power to dump .. Ive had 2 yds of QP in that thing and lifted with no prob...

My friend has an ez dumper and he likes it .. has some real hard use on it and has had no problems with it either..

Truck craft has a few nice options though.. They have an aluminum version , which is only like 400 lbs... and they also have a sander/salter attachment that replaces the tailgate and turns the whole bed into a spreader...

GLS
12-10-2001, 07:23 PM
My uncle had one for a couple years, but got rid of it. It was placed in the existing bed. I don't think he liked it much because it didn't hold much, was slow, and wasn't as productive as others. If I was to get a dump bed, I would go with replacing the existing bed, but an ez dumper is probably a heck of a lot easier than replacing the bed.

turfman99
12-10-2001, 07:51 PM
I have 2 EZ dumps. They work great for maintenance.

You recover your cost in about 18 months in the labor saving and then being able to resell that labor. Much less time spent and a lot easier on the back.

lennonpaul
01-08-2002, 02:27 AM
It s a good little dumper, i added four foot sides to it and it can tackle anything, though the seals r leaking in hydraulic cylinder, i told ezdumper and they were surprised, i had it for less then a year and they said theyd replace it for free they said they should last years with out seal probs, i guess i proved them wrong. Im not sure if it was defective or i tortured the crap out of it who knows but i have no real complaints besides the leak.
paul

ohiolawnguy
01-08-2002, 02:41 AM
we have an ez-dumper trailer and it works great. had to replace the battery on it recently , but that is t be expected.

Turfdude
01-08-2002, 05:27 PM
These are great add-ons for p/u trucks. I would recommend at least a 3/4 ton or preferably a 1-ton. Many guys use these for debris and small mulch jobs and use a true 1ton+ dump for soil, stone and larger amounts of mulch where weight becomes a problem

Bob

Highpoint
01-08-2002, 05:46 PM
We've got one permantly mounted in place of the factory bed on a 1989 Ford F250, 2wd, 6 cyl, 5 spd. This works pretty well. Truck handles the weight just fine. We'll post pics soon.

rodney
01-08-2002, 06:23 PM
how much do they cost ?
theres a few lco's that have those alum truck craft inserts . they look good on there trucks.
with the boards on the sides its a rolling billboard .

ohiolawnguy
01-08-2002, 06:43 PM
our ez-dump trailer cost 3500, and dont quote me on this but i believe dump insert is around $2500.

A1 Lawn@Landscapes
01-08-2002, 10:35 PM
I see you live in NH. Pick up the want advertiser or the truck trader magazine. There are a few places in there that sell them for !799-1899 depending on brand. That is a cash and carry price. I have now a loadhandler. It's the tarp you lay down in the bed with a crank to unload. Works well but soil or mulch gets underneath when unloading. Still better than my back for now.

yorkpaddy
01-08-2002, 11:46 PM
how do you think a whole bed dump would work, the ones that use the stock bed, for dumping leaves. I would put stake sides on it, and load it with a leaf loader. I might also put mulch in it. I'm guessing the stock bed wouldn't be strong enough, but input would be interesting

Grass_Slayer
01-09-2002, 12:06 AM
i was also thinking of the ones that use the stock bed. i saw the guys on shadetree mechanic put one on a chevy 1500 and i thought it might be a productive item

and it looks cool to cruise through town with ur bed jacked up!!:D