PDA

View Full Version : When do you stop leaf and spring clean-ups?

MnDLawn
04-28-2008, 04:58 PM
This year we have been swamped with spring and leaf clean-ups, do any of you have a cut off when you completely stop them and start just mowing?

CrystalCreek
04-28-2008, 06:14 PM
NEVER!!!!! I will do them any time of the year. I have always though that this type of work is the most profitable. I always have time to squeeze them in. Even if I have to do them in the dark under the truck lights and a flashlight taped to my head. HAHAHAHA!!!!:laugh::laugh:

MOW ED
04-28-2008, 06:17 PM
When the list runs out. Some people will call and cancel but who cares. I take the ones with most profit first and work down til the list is done. I am then quite ready for mowing season. This year we are at least 2 weeks behind, it isn't just me its all lawn and yard guys. The spring has been miserable and wet. Oh I forgot to tell you it snowed an inch this morning. April 28, 2008. Just push things back a little more.

kps2389
04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I stop doing cleanups when I'm done.

GreenthumbGA
04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't officially stop. I will price myself out of the work if I am not going to be able to handle it with my maintenance teams. If I am going to have some time at the end of the week, I schedule a full day of cleanups, hire some labors, make a handful of cash, pay them at the end of the day, and hope I can get some maint contracts signed.